Analogue Drums has launched Smoker, a jazz drum kit library for Kontakt, Trigger and Wav.
Smoker is a jazz kit with all the credentials ticked. Based around a toneful ’70s Rogers kit with a selection of classic snares and cymbals, Smoker has a warm vintage tone fit for soulful and sparse quartets, hyped up frenetic bebop, bombastic big band, funked up lounge and everything in between. The mix of the kit can be taken from crisp and articulate to smooth and spacious with a few fader adjustments.
Three snares, two separate pairs of toms (high and medium tension), two kick drums both sampled open and dampened, two pairs of hihats, and three rides give you a heap of options for selecting the tones that work best for your track.
The kit was sampled at The Manor through a selection of fine vintage and modern recording pieces, finished with outboard compressors.
- Kontakt instrument files with multi-out and stereo versions.
- Trigger TCI/PRS presets for kick/snare/toms with separated mic layers.
- 5574 sample .wav files in unencrypted 24bit, 44.1khz format.
- 3.5GB Zip file (5.5GB unzipped).
Smoker is available for purchase for $29 USD.
More information: Analogue Drums / Smoker
The Loop Loft has announced a Jazz in July Sale, offering a 50% discount on selected sample libraries.
Our annual Jazz in July Sale is ON!
Now’s your chance to stock up on jazz loops from some of the greatest musicians on the planet like Eric Harland, Charlie Hunter, Bob Reynolds and more.
Loops are available in all formats including REX2, AIFF (Apple Loops), WAV, Stylus RMX, MIDI and full multitrack sessions.
The sale ends July 22nd, 2014.
More information: The Loop Loft
In Session Audio has launched Latin Jazz Guitar, an electric guitar loop library sampled from Bossa, Samba and other styles of Latin music.
Latin Jazz Guitar is an electric guitar loop library designed to evoke the fire and passion that comes from Bossa, Samba and other styles of Latin music.
Mellow fingerstyle progressions, uptempo strummed rhythms, thumbed octave melodies and picked lead lines provide a wide range of compositional choices.
So whether it’s music for cocktails, dance, the pursuit or a moonlit walk on the beach, Latin Jazz Guitar is your companion.
Latin Jazz Guitar features
- The library is available in an “amped” or a “direct” (clean) version. Choose the “direct” version if you’d like to use amp simulation software (like Guitar Rig, Amplitube, etc…).
- Approximately 615 MB for each “amped” version and format when uncompressed; inclusive of the Bonus Set.
- 360 parts, inclusive of the Bonus Set.
- Dry sound (no reverb). Kontakt users have a menu of reverb types and other effects that can be applied and modified.
- Custom Watermarked copy protection.
- Stereo 24-bit 44.1kHz (amped); Mono 24-bit 44.1kHz (direct/clean).
- Formats: Kontakt, Wav or Aiff.
The sample library is available in various formats starting at $69.99 USD. Kontakt format requires full version of Kontakt 5.1 or higher.
More information: In Session Audio / Latin Jazz Guitar
Producer Loops has announced Late Night Jazz Vol 2, a new sample library from the Anthology label.
” from the all new “Anthology” label returns with a MASSIVE 6 GB of world-class content, featuring a wealth of sophisticated loops, samples and arrangements which mix Jazz with Latin American styles, expertly composed and arranged to infuse your next production with that perfect smoky vibe.
Extraordinarily unique vocal performances are also included in this feature-rich sample library which raises the bar once again, featuring five complete arrangements for a Jazz trio and approaching 20 minutes of full and detailed Jazz tracks broken down into Construction Kits.
The sample library is available for £99.95 GBP.
More information: Producer Loops / Late Night Jazz Vol 2
Toontrack has announced the release of Jazz Ballads EZkeys MIDI, a new MIDI pack for the EZkeys Line.
Jazz Ballads EZkeys MIDI comes with a wide selection of playing styles for all the creative facets of jazz ballads through the ages.
From the traditional melodic sophistication of the “Jazz Age” in the early 1900s to the cool and saturated harmonics of the post-war times, leading up to the free spirit of avant-garde and all the way to the many faces of more modern-day jazz.
This collection of piano MIDI truly is a creative tool and a comprehensive introduction to the awe-inspiring tonalities of the genre. See it as a toehold for you to stand on before you throw yourself into the unending well of inspiration to make your very own rendition of what a jazz ballad is – to you.
Jazz Ballads EZkeys MIDI features
- An extensive collection of chord progressions and playing styles for jazz ballads.
- Performed by Thiago Pinheiro.
- Covering straight and/or swing in 3/4, 4/4, 5/4 & 6/8.
The MIDI pack is available to purchase for 25 EUR / $29 USD.
More information: Toontrack / Jazz Ballads EZkeys MIDI
Smash Up The Studio has announced the release of 90’s MIDI Key Loops, MIDI Lab: Electrik Funk, and MIDI Lab: Jazzy Soul, three new MIDI packs.
New Smash Up The Studio packs
- 90’s MIDI Key Loops – Smash Up The Studio presents a superbly authentic collection of 90’s House keyboard loops in MIDI format. Includes loops designed for classic House organs and pianos, rhodes, synths, basses and more! A “must have” for producers craving that more musical 90’s club fix!
- MIDI Lab: Electrik Funk – Super cool 80′s Funk and Soul oozes from this pro quality pack of MIDI Construction Kits. Slick keyboard hooks, awesome synth bass lines and classic chord progressions bursting with authenticity. Played by a top session keyboard player to achieve the maximum level of performance.
- MIDI Lab: Jazzy Soul – Jazz and Soulful flavours abound in this high end pack of MIDI Construction Kits. Funky Clavinet grooves and jazzy electric piano hooks as well as stunning MIDI loops for electric bass guitar, played in the style of both fretless bass and standard. There are also MIDI arrangements for Horns and Strings and a couple of great solos for Vibraphone and lead Synthesiser.
90’s MIDI Key Loops is available to purchase for £19.95 GBP; the MIDI Lab packs are £12.95 GBP each.
More information: Smash Up The Studio
Related: Art Vista
, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Nov 27, 2013 - 0 comments
VST Buzz has launched a promotion on Cool Vibes, offering a 40% discount on the virtual instrument library for Kontakt 5 by Art Vista.
Cool Vibes is a sample library of the Yamaha 3 1/2 octave Gold Tour Vibes played with soft mallets and with the motor engaged, allowing a true acoustic tremolo and full tube resonance to be recorded. It delivers the classic “cool” sound for a jazz combo, and the tremolo speed was calibrated to match the speed used by Milt Jackson of Modern Jazz Quartet. Eight presets are included with three stereo perspectives.
If you’re looking for the genuine Jazz vibraphone sound, this is the sample library for you. Sound on Sound reviewed it and said: “Art Vista have certainly squeezed the last drop of versatility out of this library, and, for those who want the unmistakable sound of real vibes, I’ve not heard better.”
The library is available from VST Buzz for $59 USD until December 3rd, 2013.
More information: VST Buzz