Native has launched a new range of iMASCHINE Expansions with the release of KAOZ THEORY – created by the much-lauded DJ and producer Kerri ‘Kaoz’ Chandler.
These new iMASCHINE Expansions will be created in collaboration with internationally renowned artists from different genres, and will be available for iMASCHINE only. Users can however export their iMaschine projects to the MASCHINE software for further editing and arranging. Native Instruments will continue to release compact iMASCHINE versions of their acclaimed iMASCHINE Expansions.
“iMaschine is my favourite app to use on the road”, comments Kerri Chandler. “If something comes to mind for a track it’s an instant fix wherever I am. When I’m in hotels I swap my ideas to MASCHINE MIKRO and back again and when I finally get home to mix in my studio on my own mixing desk, I can swap it all to MASCHINE and it’s a piece of cake.
Honestly, I’ve written tracks with iMaschine right off the bat. In fact airplanes are my favourite place for iMaschine so I’m now working on an EP called ‘Mile High Club’ because of it. On top of all of this, it’s an exciting live tool to work with, particularly when I’m DJing, so it’s something I’m really passionate about.”
KAOZ THEORY brings the unmistakable sound of Kerri Chandler to iMASCHINE
- the deep, grooving house style that has made him one of the most respected artists on the underground scene for over 20 years. The Expansion contains a total of six kits, two instruments and two full projects. The three Drum Kits are made up of gritty, analog kicks, snares, hats, and claps. A Melodic Kit provides the trademark Chandler synth chords while two Special Kits deliver basses, vocal samples, synth stabs and keys. iMASCHINE users can also access two instruments and two full iMASCHINE projects created by Chandler himself. All the samples are provided in uncompressed WAV format (16-bit 44.1kHz) and have been processed and tweaked for immediate use.
Koaz Theory for iMASCHINE is available to purchase in the in-app store for $0.99 USD / 0.89 EUR.
More information: Native Instruments / KAOZ THEORY
Point Blank Online has announced a new Deep House Course for Ableton Live.
If you want to make the kind of Deep House that keeps the floor packed all night long, check out this Deep House in Ableton course developed by Point Blank’s legendary producer Danny J Lewis (Enzyme Black, Spiritual South). If you are a fan of Deep House producers like Kerri Chandler, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Maya Jane Coles and Moodymann, this is a chance for you to enjoy learning production techniques and secrets designed to help you achieve your own credible and authentic sound. Using Ableton Live, Point Blank teach you how to create your own drum kits, synth sounds, basslines, riffs and chords. Upload your music each week for DVR™ (Direct Video Response) – expert analysis and video feedback on your work from a pro producer instructor. This is a unique opportunity to learn personally from guys at the top of their craft.
Currently holding the reins as instructor is the extremely capable Ski Oakenfull (Incognito, Joey Negro, Primaudial Records) making this a unique opportunity to learn to make house music personally from guys at the top of their craft. If you want to learn with Ski, sign up now. You’ll soon be knocking out timeless sounding, quality house music cuts.
Point Blank have also teamed up with Freerange, Plastic City, Lopazz’s 800 Achtspur and CR2 Records to offer students on the course the opportunity to have their tracks heard by these label’s premier artists and A&R guys. With Louie Vega from Masters At Work and Pete Tong also requesting to listen out for the best tracks from this course, it’s a pretty serious proposition if you are into getting your music heard in the right places.
The Deep House course in Ableton is available online, launching August 29th 2011 (and available every month thereafter). Places are strictly limited so book early to avoid disappointment. The course is 4 weeks long and cost £355 GBP (~$530 USD).
More information: Point Blank Online
Prime Loops has announced the release of Kings of Swing Present: Downtown House, a collection of house samples for the creative producer.
The Kings of Swing are Matt Jam Lamont, and Scott Tonic. They have been working together for some years now, producing and remixing for artists such as Alesha Dixon, The Wideboys, Taio Cruz, MJ Cole and many more. Their tracks have been repeatedly featured on best-selling compilations through major labels such as Warner, Ministry of Sound, EMI to name but a few.
The pack itself consists of a mixture of Chicago House grooves, 95’ style House & shuffled-out Garage riffs which have been influenced by the likes of Grant Nelson and Kerri Chandler, as well as some more upfront Jackin flavours’s inspired by artists such as Joey Youngman & The SoundDiggers. Boasting a wide selection of styles, you will find dozen’s of swinging beats, grooves, classic oldskool stabs, lush rhodes progressions, pinpoint fx, slammin’ tribal drums, jackin’ basses and a whole lot more!
Kings of Swing Present: Downtown House features
- Nearly 300 Classic Loops, Samples and Drums.
- A solid 50-strong drum hits kit that compliment the sounds in this sample pack perfectly, as well as a selection of stabs/chords, FX and solid bass instruments.
- 24-bit Wav audio, various other formats available (Apple Loops, Acid Loops, Rex2 Loops).
- EXS24, Kontakt, Halion, SFZ and NN-XT patches.
Kings of Swing Present: Downtown House is available for purchase for £16.95 GBP.
More information: Prime Loops / Kings of Swing Downtown House
, Cricco Castelli
, Johnny Fiasco
, Jon Cutler
, Kerri Chandler
, Knee Deep
, Liquid People
, Mark Picchiotti
, Marshall Jefferson
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on May 04, 2009
Tekniks has released Housemasters, a 1.37GB world-class collection of exclusively crafted samples by some of the world’s leading house artists, including Marshall Jefferson, Knee Deep, Liquid People, Johnny Fiasco, Kerri Chandler, Jon Cutler, Mark Picchiotti, Cricco Castelli and Copyright.
No stone is left unturned in this innovative package featuring 25 construction kits and 100s of drum, Rhodes and FX sounds from the personal archives of producers making music that rock dancefloors across the world.
- 25 construction kits, broken down into individual basslines, Rhodes, guitar, synth and clav loops, as well as full beats and stripped beats – down to individual kicks and claps. The emphasis is on ease of use throughout.
- All loops are presented in Acidized Wav, Apple Loop and Rex formats, 100% copyright free.
- An additional folder of Rhodes chords, synth and bass sounds, FX plus 350 raw drum one-shots (kicks, snares, hats, percussion).
- All synth and bass multisamples are offered in EXS24, NNXT and Kontakt sampler formats.
Housemasters is available in various formats from Sounds/To/Sample, starting at 39.95 EUR.
Visit Sounds/To/Sample for more information.