Wobblophones has announced its Summer Sale, offering up to 50% discount on its sample libraries for Kontakt and Live.
The summer heat is on and it’s melting our prices! A good moment to refresh your sample collection and still have money left for summer cocktails!
Can’t choose between Kontakt or Live? We have the new ‘better together’ deal. Get the Kontakt and Live versions of our products together for an exceptionally low price.
After adding a Live or Kontakt version to your order, you will be shown the ‘Better Together’ option in you shopping cart.
Wobblophones Summer Sale
- Tunelle 30% off: $62.30 / €52.50 / £45.50.
(Regular: $89.00 / €75.00 / £65.00)
- PriZm 40% off: $27.00 / €23.40 / £18.00
(Regular: $45.00 / €39.00 / £30.00)
- Blue Triangle 50% off: $7.50 / €6.25 / £5.00
(Regular: $15.00 / €12.50 / £10.00)
- PriZm + Blue Triangle bundle 40% off: $30.00 / €27.00 / £21.00
(Regular: $50.00 / €45.00 / £35.00)
The sale ends July 31st, 2014.
More information: Wobblophones
Hephaestus has released Steinway Grand 2, a free compact piano library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This is the 2nd version of our Steinway piano. It uses the same samples of the 1st version, but we’ve fixed a lot of sound issues and increased the sound quality. If you want to try it…please, it’s FREE!
Steinway Grand 2 features
- 44.1KHz 16-bit Stereo sample resolution.
- Looped samples.
- 3-band EQ to adjust the sound.
- IR Reverb knob (new).
- Key-off switch to enable/disable the key-off noise.
- Fixed the bad flanger effect when pressing the sustain pedal (new).
- Totally redesigned the script that controls the sustain pedal behaviour (new).
- Harmonics / Resonance effects with IR (new).
- Some notes have been retuned and adjusted EQ dynamics (new).
- 48 MB size.
- Kontakt 5.2 or newer required (Kontakt Player not supported).
The library is a free download.
More information: Hephaestus
Binary Music has announced the release of Energy Bow Guitar, an expressive sample instrument of an E-Bowed guitar.
The Energy Bow Guitar library is an expressive Kontakt instrument made from recordings of a Fender American Standard Strat played with an E‑Bow. Sampled chromatically from a drop tuned D2 to A5. We fitted a Seymour Duncan Little ’59 humbucker for extra sustain and everything was recorded cleanly through an Inward Connections Vac Rac 4000 pre-amp.
Energy Bow Guitar features
- Chromatically sampled.
- Clean samples with three round-robins per note.
- ‘Character’ samples with three round-robins. These are still non-distorted samples, but feature the bow occasionally touching the strings and other performance blips and can be selected by a key switch.
- Harmonic samples with three round-robins. The modulation wheel can be used to crossfade into them.
- Release samples.
- Tempo syncable LFOs for vibrato and tremolo.
- Sample start offset to enable faster phrases.
- All samples were recorded in 24 bit at 44.1kHz.
Energy Bow Guitar for Kontakt is available for purchase for £17 GBP/21 EUR/$23 USD including VAT in the EU.
More information: Binary Music
Frau Blücher Audio has released version 2.0 of The Songwriter Kit, a drum instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The update contains a new GUI as well as many new features such as round-robins, a complete mixer with EQ and Transient Master on every channel, as well as a Tape Saturator and an SSL-style Bus Compressor on the master bus. Two built in convolution reverbs and the possibility to unload kit pieces not used.
The Songwriter Kit features
- The kit: 22×18″ Kick Drum, 14×6,5″ Snare Drum, 12″ Tom (Normal and muffled), 16″ Floor Tom (Normal and muffled), 15″ Hihat, 18″ Crash cymbal, 20″ Crash Ride cymbal, 20″ Ride cymbal.
- Recorded with high-end microphones and preamps in a medium sized room, at Studio Skeppsbron in Malmö, Sweden.
- All samples were recorded in 24-bit at 44.1kHz.
- Requires the full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.
The sample library is available for purchase for 12 EUR.
More information: Frau Blücher Audio / The Songwriter Kit
VST Buzz has announced a limited time sale on The Percussion Bundle, offering a 40% discount on an exclusive collection of virtual percussion instruments from Cinematique Instruments.
This is the perfect sample library bundle to add a touch of realism to your tracks – perfect for film, TV and game composers, as well as anyone who wants to add some unique percussion to their tracks.
The bundle is divided into four categories – Metallic Objects (Handrail, Lids, Metalic Kitchen), Percussion (Chimes, Ocean Drum, Shaker, Spring Drum), Specimenphone and an exclusive custom made Percussion Multi patch which was created specifically for this bundle.
The Percussion Bundle features
- 10 Kontakt patches in total.
- Instruments in bundle: Chimes, Handrail FX, Handrail Reverb, Lids, Metalic Kitchen, Ocean Drum, Percussion Multi, Shaker, Specimenphone, Spring drum.
- 331 MB content.
- Requires full version of Kontakt 4 or higher.
The bundle is available from VST Buzz for $89 USD until July 22nd, 2014 (regular $150 USD).
More information: VST Buzz
Impact Soundworks has announced Shreddage 2X, a major update to the popular Shreddage 2 virtual electric guitar library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The “Shreddage 2X” update includes a total overhaul of the instrument’s UI and underlying engine, adding new features, refinements, options, and even new recordings like powerchord portamento & staccato samples.
Changes in Shreddage 2X
- UI has been totally redone from the ground up in the style of Archtop. It looks way better, and it’s more intuitive. Check out the Info Bar along the bottom for help text with various controls.
- The underlying engine has been completely rewritten, from string logic to portamento and double-tracking. Fewer bugs! Better string selection!
- The entire instrument has been transposed up one octave to make room for new keyswitches.
- New FX pedals have been added, along with more control over existing FX like the Skreamer pedal or BITE EQ depth.
- New “Thrash Note” feature. When enabled, select a keyswitch. This key will trigger the LAST played note. Useful for live performance / fast parts.
- New custom keyswitches. Articulations can now be assigned to keyswitches, instead of (or in addition to) velocities. Keyswitches can be “latched”, or not. Latching means when you press the keyswitch, that articulation will remain on until you press another keyswitch. Without latching, you have to HOLD the key for the articulation to stick.
- New “Random Resonance” feature. This optional setting will allow for random string resonance, particularly on higher velocities. This can add a bit of extra dirt and sloppiness to your playing.. all in the name of realism!
- New “Pick Offset” feature. Use this to cut into the sample start time of all notes. Great if you want a snappier response and LESS pick attack.
- New Velocity -> Volume and Velocity Curve controls. With Velocity to Volume, you can allow the velocity of your keystrokes to affect volume. With a value of 100%, velocity makes a BIG difference on volume, while 0% is like the original S2 playing mode. Or use anything in between! Velocity Curve lets you smoothly adjust the response of the instrument.
- Various tweaked + improved engine settings (i.e. more options for release noise / extra pick sound).
- New MIDI CCs. You can now tweak portamento wait time, change the unison bend CC, and tune individual strings +/- 7 semitones.
- New + tweaked keyswitches.
Shreddage 2 is currently on sale for $99 USD (regular $139 USD). It is compatible with the free Kontakt 5 Player and includes a free copy of Revalver HPse, the amp sim by Peavey.
More information: Impact Soundworks / Shreddage 2
Icebreaker Audio has launched Sanjo Gayageum, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Sanjo Gayageum is a Kontakt 5 instrument designed to re-create the sound of the traditional Korean stringed instrument of the same name.
Sanjo Gayageum features
- Over 1500 samples recorded at 24-bit/48kHz quality.
- A minimum of 3 round robins, and between 6 and 14 velocity layers per note.
- Mixer with 2 microphone sources, and high quality effects.
- Advanced pitch-bend control options.
- 12 custom impulse responses.
Sanjo Gayageum is available for the introductory price of £34 GBP until July 31st, 2014 (25% off regular).
More information: Icebreaker Audio / Sanjo Gayageum