Bigcat Instruments has released some more free virtual instrument libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt.
New at Bigcat Instruments
- D. Smolken’s Double Bass – It has Arco samples up and down in 5 velocity layers and sampled roughly every third note. Also there are Pizzicato samples in 3 velocity layers and again roughly every third note but with 4 round robins and instrument sound effects for both arco and pizzicato.
- Saxophone Collection – Various sax instruments from public domain and creative commons samples. The showpiece of this collection are the Iowa Saxophones sampled by University of Iowa Electronic Music Studios. These Saxophones are fully sampled in 3 velocity layers with 375 samples all told.
- Flame Studios Guitars – Nine Flame Studios Instruments for Kontakt. 5 guitars, 3 basses and a banjo. These were originally Giga format.
- A Pad – Name any wav file “A Pad.wav” and drop it into the A Pad directory replacing the public domain demo sound from OLPC. Kick up the A Pad Kontakt instrument and there is your new pad with fiddley EQ, Reverb and Envelope Knobs on.
- Clean City Piano – Jeff from Critical Vibrations ran the City Piano samples through a de-noise filter and removed a 60-cycle hum. He also made it available for Ableton.
The Kontakt libraries are free to download at Bigcat Instruments.
More information: Bigcat Instruments
Binary Music has announced the release of LA-50, a virtual instrument library featuring a collection of sounds sampled from a Roland D-50 synthesizer.
The upper and lower tones of each patch were sampled separately and their levels, pans and modulation effects can be adjusted independently.
In total there are 100 instruments made from 2,486 samples – 2GB uncompressed. The samples were recorded dry, then carefully matched reverb impulses were created using a Roland SRV3030.
All samples were recorded in 24 bit at 44.1kHz.
LA-50 is available in Kontakt and Live formats as an instant download, priced at £17 GBP/20 EUR/$23 USD, including VAT in the EU.
More information: Binary Music
In Session Audio has launched Soundtrack Acoustic Guitar, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Imagine this: You’re in the movie theater, the lights dim and the screen is dark. An acoustic guitar begins playing a melody as the first scene begins. Moving with richness and simplicity, the guitar sets a tone that is carried through to the film’s end. A soundtrack tells as much about the movie as the dialogue, set or costumes. It sets the stage for what you will feel.
Soundtrack Acoustic Guitar presents a sensitive finger-tip touch to an array of emotive chords, progressions and single line melodies. Performed and recorded with sophistication and depth, this loop library can set a foundation or top off an existing idea for anyone producing delicate and expressive music.
The library is available for the introductory price of $69.99 USD until April 13th, 2014 (regular $109.99 USD).
More information: In Session Audio
Spitfire Audio has announced the release of Kitchenware – Glass, a new sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
An extraordinary anthology of a set of tuned wine glass performed with a number of techniques by percussion supremo Paul Clarvis. Alongside an esoteric collection of domestic glass and ceramic kitchenware meticulously recorded with a selection of beaters and techniques to create a library of tuned percussion from another world. A selection of sounds that give you the effect of well worn mallet instruments but without their associated stereotypes. Not quite glockenspiels, not quite celestes, not quite bowed vibraphones. This library will add an enticing magic to your music.
To accompany and flatter our amazing selection of Metalware released in 2013 we’re proud to bring you this volume of 4.1 GB compressed data from over 10.7 GB in WAV format and over 12,000 samples. With up to 3 dynamic layers and 5 round robins per instrument, including a variety of easily switchable beaters and techniques, including finger nail flicks and slaps .
Arranged in three sections this library features a set of chromatically tuned glasses played by supremo Paul Clarvis a number of different ways: different hits, flicks, bows and rubs. The second section features a selection of 17 different domestic pieces of glass and enamel-ware played struck 5 different ways. The third is this same lineup up played with water in to give it a drifting dreamy quality. The whole library is recorded with a selection of top quality mics and perspectives.
The library is available for the introductory price of £49 GBP for 2 weeks (regular £66 GBP).
More information: Spitfire Audio / Kitchenware – Glass
, samples and sound libraries
, string machine
Posted in news
on Apr 09, 2014 - 0 comments
Soniccouture has released The Attic, a bundle of 10 virtual instruments for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Attic : a project to document and sample interesting, characterful instruments that may not always be the obvious choice when we think of classics.
Instruments which, when added to a track, instantly add some special magic, even if it is due to the fact that it sounds a bit cheap or quirky.
We asked around some friendly producers: Neil Davidge, Adrian Utley and Liam Howe were all happy to open up their attics to us, and the resulting collection is a fascinating journey into the corners early analogue synthesis, offering a huge palette of sounds to reach into when you need colour, character and exuberance.
The Attic features
- 10 Unique Instruments: Roland RS202 String Machine, Korg LP10 Analog Piano, Suzuki Omnichord, Jennings Univox, Minikorg 700s, Hammond Solovox, Synthi AKS, Roland SH2000, Godwin String Concert, Philips Philicorda
- Authentic Analogue Sample modelling.
- Over 350 Presets.
- Kontakt Player Compatible.
- 7.8 GB Core Library.
The Attic is available for purchase for $149 USD / £119 GBP / 129 EUR. Until May 2nd, 2014, you can use coupon code URR3K3Y to get $30 USD / 20 EUR off.
More information: Soniccouture / The Attic
, Riverwood Air
, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in archive
on Apr 09, 2014 - 0 comments
VST Buzz has announced a limited time promotion on RAW Power – Metallic Percussion, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
RAW Power – Metallic Percussion was Riverwood Air’s excuse to take a huge selection of pipes, sheets, weights, and machines, and smash them all together for your listening pleasure! Pipes were crashed, steel sheets were dropped, even brass mutes were rattled! RAW Power consists of 2.5GB of uncompressed metallic objects, perfect to fuse into media projects. Specific items recorded include gym bars, clips, doors, sheeting, zips, frames, weights, chimes , pipes, a bowed vibraphone & cymbals, and metallic brass mutes.
Recorded in 24 bit 96kHz for outstanding clarity, RAW Power gives you a diverse metallic collection of instruments 17 patches as well 2 FX patches have been created from the samples; one of select sound designed samples perfect for hybrid projects and one of reverse FX, again for modern media work. Too many percussion libraries already exist which are designed with ‘epic’ in mind. This one is not; giving you a range of sound design instruments that are guaranteed to fit straight into any project, right into your existing percussion section.
The library is available from VST Buzz for $25 USD until April 15th, 2014 (requires full version of Kontakt 5.3 or later).
More information: VST Buzz
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Versilian Studios
Posted in news
on Apr 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Versilian Studios has announced the release of Timpani, VS Upright No. 1 and VS Chamber Orchestra, three new virtual instruments.
Kontakt version of Versilian Studio’s Timpani virtual instrument.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- Timpani: Extensively sampled Timpani (Wholetone sampling; 4-6x RR, 5 Velocity Layers, stereo). Available for Kontakt and also as a VSTi/AU. Price $15 USD.
- VS Upright No. 1: Medium-sized sampled upright piano ideal for sketches (3 velocity layers, 2x RR, sampled in tritones to reduce size). Available as a VSTi/AU. Free or donation.
- VS Chamber Orchestra: Very light selection of orchestral and wind ensemble instruments ideal for beginner composers (featuring concert flute, clarinet, bassoon, F horn, trumpet, tenor bone, bass bone, tubular bells, xylophone, glockenspiel, timpani, large percussion section, harp, piano, solo violin, and violin section, all using accurate ranges). Free or donation.
Versilian Studios has also ported a number of its previously released products to the Kontakt format.
- Dan Tranh: Vietnamese pentatonic zither that uses metal strings.
- Tubular Bells: Suspended chimes used to emulate church bells in orchestral music.
- Glockenspiel: Deep-sampled chime-like mallet instrument.
- Handchimes: Strange cross between a hand-bell and a tuning fork.
More information: Versilian Studios
Synthmagic and Tronsonic have announced the release of J4, a virtual Roland Jupiter 4 instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Inspired by a legendary 4 voice Japanese analogue synthesizer from the late 1970s, ‘J4′ also includes an extremely comprehensive sequencer.
‘J4′ features 2 different sets of samples – one set recorded ‘DI’, with a NEVE style pre-amp/eq and boutique valve mixer at 48khz/24 bit. The second set uses the same method, but has also been recorded to brand new ‘old-stock’ tape at 15ips on a Studer A807 quarter inch reel-to-reel recorder.
- Single Oscillator Analogue style synth with 6 Waveforms, a Sub Square Wave Oscillator and Noise Generator.
- Over 320 presets.
- 2 different sample sets (one DI, one taped).
- Syncable 16 step sequencer system with Filter, Resonance, Velocity and Chord sequencer.
- Syncable Arpeggiator.
- Syncable main LFO and VCF S/H LFO.
- Overdrive function via relationship between ‘Volume’ and ‘Level’ controls.
- Sub LFO.
- Dual Polarity Keytrack.
- Unison, Portamento and Mono mode.
- 4 Voice or Full Polyphony.
- Pitch Bend and Mod Wheel routing system.
- Delay, high quality ‘Mixbus’ Compressor, ‘Tape Compressor’, Ensemble and choice of 3 Reverbs.
The library is available from Synth Magic and Tronsonic for the introductory price of £19.99 GBP until May 1st, 2014 (30% off regular).
More information: Synth Magic / Tronsonic