iMusicAlbum has launched version 2.0 of the Audio Mastering application for Apple’s iPad.
The first fully functional professional quality audio mastering application for iPad. For everyone who wants to take their final mixes to the next level.
Based on high-quality sound processing algorithms, this application turns your iPad into a real mastering studio.
Audio Mastering 2.0 comes with some new color schemes, including this light one.
Changes in Audio Mastering v2.0
- Fully updated 32-bit audio processing algorithms.
- Standard and Advanced processing control modes.
- Parametric equalizer in addition to graphic.
- Spectrum analyzer with switching connection points.
- Switchable crossover frequency for Stereo Imaging.
- Additional controls for Maximizer.
- Separate adjustment of input level reduction.
- Improved controls for presets.
- Compare mode for presets in each track.
- Inter-App Audio supported.
- New color schemes of visual interface.
- Built-in description updated.
The app is available to purchase for $12.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering
Minimal System has announced a limited time sale on its Mastering Limiter effect plug-in for Windows.
The Mastering Limiter from Minimal System is a high end audio processing advanced peak limiter designed to maximize both the level of the digital signal and the resolution of your final rendered file.
The Mastering Limiter’s lookahead peak limiter algorithm provides the mixing and mastering engineer with the capability to increase resolution and production master levels with precise control. Specifically designed for mastering, digital editing, multimedia, and any application that requires limiting of the digital signal with highest quality; the Mastering Limiter is perfect addition to your mixing and mastering tool set.
In order to ensure the maximum possible resolution of a processed signal, it is very highly recommended that the Mastering Limiter be used last in the processing chain.
The plug-in (Windows VST) is available to purchase for £7.50 GBP for 24 hours only (regular £14.99 GBP).
More information: Minimal System / Mastering Limiter
Positive Grid has created a new Mastering App and now open to collect feedback from mastering engineers, production gurus and iOS music enthusiasts.
The Mastering App consists of a mobile-first mastering suite from the ground up that combines nuanced techniques of mastering with Positive Grid’s expertise on mobile design.
Positive Grid is looking for experienced and talented individuals who want to join to shape this project and be a part of the beta testing program.
In exchange, beta testers will:
- Have exclusive access to early development of a groundbreaking app from one of the fastest growing music technology companies.
- Participate actively with Positive Grid’s engineering and product team, provide input and be in the front row of a Mastering App development process.
- Be featured in the final Mastering App credits.
- Receive a Mastering App promo code when released.
The beta program is available to those who have an iPad or iPad mini with iOS 7. Only 50 slots will be available.
More information: Positive Grid / Mastering App
Minimal System has launched Analogue Collection, a effect plugins bundle capturing the legendary sound of classic hardware.
Introducing the Analogue Mixing and Mastering Collection.
Comprising of a comprehensive analogue modelled channel strip and breakout 8 band EQ this collection contains two powerful tools that can be used on your channel and master busses for great sounding mixing and mastering.
Analogue Collection features
- Two plugins included – Analogue Channel Strip and Analogue EQ.
- Channel Strip comprises of an 8 band customisable EQ, Buss Compressor, Limiter, and Master section.
- Analogue EQ is an 8 band customisable EQ with Master section.
- EQ frequency range – 20hz to 20,000hz on each band.
- Each EQ band has +/-40dB of gain.
- Buss Compressor designed to ‘Glue’ track groups together. Can also be used effectively to ‘Glue’ the final mixdown.
- Signal flow of the Analogue Channel is as follows: EQ > Compressor > Limiter.
- Monitoring meters on both plugins showing input, output, and compression gain reduction.
- Analogue channel is perfect for buss channels or the master channel and can be used effectively for both mixing and mastering.
- Modelled on classic analogue hardware.
- Low CPU usage.
The Analogue Collection for Windows (VST) costs £29.99 GBP. It is available to purchase for at 50% off for the first 24 hours.
More information: Minimal System / Analogue Collection
Time+Space has announced a limited time promotion on Ozone 5 Advanced, the mastering system by iZotope.
Take your mastering to the next level with iZotope Ozone 5 January deals.
Whether you´re looking to upgrade from an older version of Ozone or are completely new to iZotope´s critically acclaimed mastering suite, there´s a special deal for you with lower pricing on Ozone 5 Advanced and Upgrades throughout January at Time+Space.
The process of mastering ranges from correcting mistakes made in the mix to preparing a recording for target listening environments. Like a final coat of polish, mastering makes the difference between a good-sounding mix and a professional-sounding master.
Ozone 5, with its eight essential mastering tools – Maximizer, Equalizer, Dynamics, Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering – makes it easier than ever for anyone to master their audio simply and efficiently.
Ozone 5 Advanced is now available to purchase for £499 GBP / 551 EUR (30% off). Various upgrade offers for Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced are also available.
The promotion ends January 31st, 2014.
More information: Time+Space / Ozone 5 Advanced Sale
Minimal System has announced that its Master Compressor VST plug-in for Windows is 50% off for a limited time.
The Master Compressor is an “analogue modelled mixing and mastering processor inspired by classic hardware, with an easy to use interface and accurate analogue character”.
Master Compressor features
- Beautiful analogue modelled compressor.
- Can be used on instrument tracks and the master buss.
- Lot of parameters allow you to really shape your sound.
- Clear GUI Design.
- Very low CPU usage.
The plug-in is available to purchase for £4.99 GBP until January 31st, 2013.
More information: Minimal System / Master Compressor
PSPaudioware has announced the release of the PSP X-Dither, a mastering dither and noise shaping processor plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It is designed to cover wide range of situations when high-quality dithering or noise shaping is the way to maintain the quality of an original mix, group or individual track during various stages of the recording and mastering process, including final digital mastering.
PSP X-Dither is available to purchase for the introductory price of $69 USD until January 2nd, 2014 (regular $89 USD). Prices excl. VAT.
More information: PSP Audioware / PSP X-Dither
Time+Space has announced the Creative Christmas Challenge, a music production contest with prizes from Zero-G and Stardelta.
Planning on making some music over the Christmas holidays?
Time+Space have joined forces with sample library pioneers Zero-G and audio mastering specialists Stardelta, to launch this year’s Creative Christmas Challenge, giving you the chance to win some great prizes.
Zero-G have selected ten samples from their latest collection ‘Critical Mass’. Using a minimum of two of these samples (downloadable from Soundcloud), plus your own plugins, samples, live instruments or vocals, entrants need to create a track of at least three minutes in length and upload it to the Time+Space Soundcloud Contest page by 13th January 2014.
The track can be of any genre or style and after the closing date, Time+Space will shortlist at least 5 tracks and put them forward for the public vote.
The winner will have their track professionally mastered and cut to vinyl by the generous Stardelta Audio Mastering at their state of the art, world class facility in Devon, and receive a £50 gift voucher to spend on samples, plugins or virtual instruments at Time+Space. Two runners up will each win Zero-G’s Critical Mass sample library worth £60 and a £25 T+S gift voucher.
More information: Time+Space / Creative Christmas Challenge