Minimal System has launched MasterMix Buss Compressor, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows.
The MasterMix Buss Compressor is a has been a labour of love for us here at Minimal System and is designed for those producers looking to add the finishing touches to their latest masterpiece.
Modelled on legendary buss compressors from classic analogue consoles the MasterMix Buss Compressor is a mixing and mastering powerhouse.
MasterMix Buss Compressor features
- Analogue Modelled Buss Compressor.
- Designed for use on the Master Buss and also on sub-groups (Drum Groups, etc.).
- Tape simulator stage complete with tape hiss and saturation.
- Visual feedback.
- Functional and easy to use GUI Design.
- Low CPU usage.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows (VST), at the introductory price of £19.99 GBP (regular £29.99 GBP).
More information: Minimal System / MasterMix Buss Compressor
The Drum Broker has announced a new online mixing and mastering service by Manuel Roessler.
The Drum Broker has teamed up with one of our favorite and most referred Mixing & Mastering Engineers, Manuel Roessler to bring you some EXCLUSIVE Mixing and Mastering Packages.
Manuel has an excellent resume and sonically proven track record when it comes to mixing and mastering music for artists in the hip hop community (or industry). Having engineered for the likes of Reks, Slaine, Ruste Juxx, Hi-Tek, R.A. The Rugged Man, Lord Finesse, Rawkus Records, Soulspazm Records, Pete Rock, Guilty Simpson, Oh No, Scarface, Ed OG, Terminology, and MANY MORE!
The mastering service is available to purchase starting at $50 USD for the first song, with discounts offered when submitting multiple audio files in a single order. Mixing and mastering costs $150 per song.
More information: The Drum Broker / Mixing & Mastering service
Dangerous Music has announced the release of the Dangerous Compressor, a dual-mono/stereo compressor for tracking, mixing and mastering designed by legendary mastering gear guru Chris Muth.
The dangerous compressor was designed to be simple, transparent and powerful.
Built to the exacting standards of the mastering community, as with all things Dangerous, it has also proven indispensable for tracking and mixing. Tame a vocal, tighten a snare, crush a sampled loop or gently smooth a track- the compressor will rise to the occasion, providing rapid results, intuitive feedback and without coloration.
Like all Dangerous Music equipment, the compressor achieves musical, yet transparent results; in the words of producer and mixer Michael James (New Radicals, Hole, Robben Ford, L7, Edwin McCain, The Coronas) “The new Dangerous Compressor is a ‘must have’ in my world. It’s a refreshing complement to the currently fashionable boxes that indiscriminately add color to your sound-whether you want it or not.”
Dangerous Compressor features
- Hit your choice of buttons and twist the threshold for radio-ready results.
- Smart Dyn Dual Slope Detection: Automatically limits peaks while stealthily compressing the average.
- Auto Attack/Release: Replace “guess” with “yes” for rapid-fire results.
- Performs like an automated fader: No more drawing vocal rides.
- True Stereo Dual Detector: Traditional linking shares one detector, often resulting in a narrower stereo image.
- Immaculate VCA: Virtually no distortion, even with 20dB of gain reduction.
- Internal sidechain circuitry houses the audiophile soul of the compressor.
- Bass Cut: Tightens the track without sacrificing the low end.
- Sibilance Boost: Shave sibilance and shrill histrionics with zero post-compression hangover.
The new Dangerous Compressor is available through dealers worldwide for a street price of $2,799 USD.
More information: Dangerous Music / Dangerous Compressor
Voxengo has announced the release of version 4 of Elephant, a mastering limiter effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plug-in for professional music production applications. The most remarkable feature of this signal limiter is its sonic transparency. Elephant brings sound limiting and loudness maximization without audible “pumping” sonic artifacts.
Changes in Elephant v4.0
- Added a new “EL-4″ limiter mode, with less harmonic coloration.
- Added a new “Dynamic Release Control” limiter stage.
- Added a new “Timing” limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new “Release to Attack Ratio” limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new “Release Shape” limiter mode parameter.
- Added input level meter together with the threshold mark.
- Implemented the “Eval” limiter’s evaluation mode.
- Added the “Trans View” transient visualization.
- Made the “In Gain” and “Out Gain” knob ranges more practical.
- Magnified the “Out Gain” knob’s scale around 0 dB.
- Made changes to the “Trans Time” parameter stutter-free.
- The output statistics are now automatically reset if any parameter that influences the output statistics was changed.
- Added “EL-4″, “COMPACT” and “EXPANDED” factory limiter modes.
Elephant for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99.95 USD until March 5th, 2014 (regular $119.95 USD). The upgrade from previous versions is $49.95 USD. A 180 day grace period upgrade is available free of charge.
More information: Voxengo / Elephant
IK Multimedia has launched T-RackS Custom Shop 4.5, featuring the first software version ever of Master EQ 432, the “gold standard” of mastering EQs, plus a new streamlined user experience process.
The Master EQ 432 is based on the Sontec 432 parametric mastering equalizer.
We are proud to announce the new T-RackS® Custom Shop update including the “holy grail” of mastering EQs, Master EQ 432. This latest update adds the first software version ever of the “gold standard” of mastering EQs, plus multiple enhancements of the T-RackS Custom Shop environment aimed at streamlining its usability for both previous and new users.
T-RackS Custom Shop 4.5 offers a unique mixing and mastering shell system that allows the user to have up to 26 of the world’s most sought-after outboard processors all available in one product for your DAW or desktop, both singularly or together, for the highest-end sonic experience.
The Master EQ 432 is available to purchase for 119.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / T-RackS Custom Shop
Loopbased has announced that its Online Mastering service is available again.
Back by popular demand, with the Loopbased Online Mastering service we are catering to music producers and labels looking for that professional treatment and the clean, full and warm sound.
Music mastering is the final step in the music making process that will bring your song up to the highest quality level possible. Our mastering engineer will apply several processes to your song which effect the entire song as a whole (sum mastering).
The online mastering service is available to purchase at 20 EUR per track.
More information: Loopbased / Online Mastering
Voxengo has released version 3.11 of Elephant, a mastering limiter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools, including headroom estimation and K-system metering.
Elephant’s built-in linear-phase oversampling is an important element in achieving high-quality peak limiting and loudness maximization.
Changes in Elephant v3.11
- Added “dBFS.30″ and “dBFS.15″ metering options.
- The “Bypass” switch now bypasses all processing stages completely, including the dithering stage.
- Fixed minor spectral error when switching oversampling from 8X to 4X or from 4X to 2X.
- Added VST3 support.
The Elephant plug-in (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $119.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / Elephant