MeldaProduction has released version 5.02 of MDrummer, a virtual drum instrument for Windows and Mac.
MDrummer has been updated to 5.02 bringing several improvements (user interface, MAmp plugin, song tab features…), optimizations and fixes. It is highly recommended to install this update. If you have version 5.0x installed, you can download an updater from our download page.
Changes in MDrummer v5.02
- Improved preset window layout.
- Added MAmp effect.
- Ctrl+click on a track (un)mutes it in loop editor, Alt+click (un)solos it.
- Minimum velocity for MIDI command notes now forces choosing a random loop and if random loops are disabled.
- Added shortcut buttons to add verse, chorus etc. to Song tab.
- Improved visual response of metering systems, mainly sonograms.
- Improved ADSR editor.
- Improved signal generator randomizer.
- Highly improved harmonics detection from sample in signal generators in harmonic mode.
- Highly improved ADSRs – added immediate release, tremolo, hold down etc.
- Added randomize button to oscillator shape editors.
- Added select random preset button next to each all buttons.
- Randomizer subpresets are now hidden.
- Band settings (even advanced) of all equalizers are now displayed permanently until you close them or open another band’s settings.
- Added DC blocker into prefiltering section for MFreqShifter.
- Improved plugin resizing in some Windows hosts.
- Added random preset button to each preset window, which selects and loads random preset from selected folder.
- Added preset rename feature.
- Presets can now contain text information.
- Improved step sequencer editor graphical quality.
- Folders in all presets are now sorted by name.
- Added fundamental (1st harmonic) level to signal generator transformations.
- Presets can now be dragged in the preset list to change order.
- Added upper-case switch to style settings.
- Added ADSR tremolo fade-in parameter, custom tremolo shape and option to start tremolo in the decay stage already.
- Fix: Hacked ProTools bug, which makes the host freeze when the style wizard has been shown during startup.
- Fix: Drag & drop files didn’t work in tab popups.
- Fix: Fixed compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5.
- Fix: Some components didn’t handle higher style sizes well.
- Fix: Areas editor could crash when no areas have been loaded yet in all equalizers.
- Fix: Plugins might not have presets or some other data when installed on a multi-account machine.
- Fix: Preset name might not have stored correctly if the preset list has changed.
- Fix: MPhaser could get ultraexcited by certain signals with some settings.
- Fix: MFreqShifter responded differently in different sampling rates. There may be a minor sound difference for sampling rates higher than 48kHz.
- Fix: Signal generator advanced settings and harmonics generator randomize didn’t work.
- Fix: Unmaximizing a popup window on Mac could make its content messed up.
- Fix: Mac Command key now acts like Ctrl to avoid conflict with the “standard” Ctrl+Click being right-mouse click.
- Fix: Edit areas in equalizers could crash on Mac.
- Fix: Numpad didn’t work on Mac.
- Fix: Meter names have not been resized correctly when style size is not 100%.
- Fix: Removed duplicate collapse buttons from MScratcher, MSubSampleSynthesizer and MMultiSampler.
- Fix: Rhythm editor tab couldn’t be resized when displayed as popup window.
- Fix: Quick setup displayed as popup with enabled auto-load couldn’t be used to browse drumsets, because loading would activate the main window.
MDrummer is available for purchase for 249 EUR. MDrummer Small is a free download.
More information: MeldaProduction / MDrummer
Spitfire Audio has launched Gallon Idiophones, an instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt featuring prepared steel pans by percussionist Frank Ricotti.
Having produced a series of staples in the ‘Harpsichord’, our seminal ‘Orchestral Percussion’ range and other oft seen session overdub favourites in our ‘Definitive’ range. We’re now pleased to be entering a more esoteric stage with our adventures in the hall at Air Studios, one of the finest sought after scoring stages in the world. Finding new and interesting articles to play in a manner that fits in with our film, game, TV and trailer aesthetic.
The style in which these pans have been recorded and played resonates less with their proud Caribbean heritage, but more with something avant-garde and extraordinary. Something that grabs you and pulls you in, from soft layers of sheer naive beauty to barking metallic stabs that will permeate your scores with biting interest. As they’re all recorded in situ in the same room, everything in our ‘definitive’ range locks together with large swathes of our catalogue from ‘Albion’, through the epochal ‘BML’ to our creative partnership with Hans Zimmer.
Gallon Idiophones is available for the introductory price of £49 GBP until November 1st, 2014 (RRP £65 GBP).
More information: Spitfire / Gallon Idiophones
Singomakers has released Extreme EDM Oneshots, a collection of punchy and phat key labeled kicks, massive claps, powerful snares, hihats, crashes, rides, bass & synth oneshots and lots of EDM percussion.
Inspired by R3hab, Nervo, Knife Party, Martin Garrix, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Tommy Trash, Hardwell, Ingrosso, Axwell, Alesso, W&W, Nicky Romero, Tommy Trash, Moguai, Oliver Heldens, Sander van Doorn, DVBBS and more!
All these HQ samples are also suitable for any other genre from Progressive House, EDM to NU School Deep House, from Dubstep to Techno and NU Disco, plus a lot more!
This is an Essential collection of Extreme EDM Oneshots for any modern producer who pays attention to the perfect Drums, Bass & Synth samples in their tracks!
The sample pack is available from Loopmasters for £14.95 GBP.
More information: Singomakers / Extreme EDM Oneshots
EarthMoments has launched Masters Of India, a sample library for Ableton Live, recorded with leading industry musicians all over India.
Experience India’s drums as never before. Own an unrivaled, premium quality pack of live drum recordings that were collected using instruments from all across India. This is a quintessential Earthmoments pack that shows the artist just how much more there is to Indian drumming than just the tabla.
Every major Indian drum except the tabla is included in this pack. Also included is a bonus Earthmoments Sampler, a taster from the essential boutique sample library. The drums presented in the pack are the: Bass Dholak, Chellangai, Duki Tharang, Ganjira, Gatham Singarri, Gatham, Khol, Mirudangam, Pakhwaj, Tapatam, Thalam, Thavil, and the Udukai.
For each instrument, EarthMoments has provided 10 pre-made patterns to demonstrate what that instrument is fully capable of. These are not just traditionally Indian patterns either, but include some western styles as a demonstration of the versatility of these instruments.
All sounds & samples are recorded using A-class pre-amps and microphones while paying attention to the instruments finer details to capture their bloom in a perfect way.
Masters Of India features
- Live 9.1 .alp pack.
- 13 Ableton Live drum racks.
- 486 drum one shots.
- 237 bonus Earthmoments sampler samples.
The sample pack is available from Loopmasters for £39.95 GBP.
More information: EarthMoments / Masters Of India
EastWest has launched Hollywood Orchestral Percussion, a percussion instrument library produced by a team comprised of Doug Rogers, Nick Phoenix, Thomas Bergersen, and engineer Shawn Murphy.
Hollywood Orchestral Percussion is a unique orchestral percussion library featuring one of America’s best orchestral percussionists and his arsenal of instruments. A composition tool for serious composers, Hollywood Orchestral Percussion includes PLAY 4 software, offering powerful scripting for ease of use and up to 5 microphone positions for control over each instrument including main pickup (Decca tree), mid pickup, close pickup, surround pickup, and an alternate vintage circa 1945 RCA ribbon room pickup.
Recorded in the famous EastWest Studio 1, the home of major Hollywood soundtracks and television themes, Hollywood Orchestral Percussion perfects techniques pioneered in Stormdrum 3, using unique repetition sampling techniques and 8 way round robin that deliver a virtual live performance. The entire collection uses zero noise reduction resulting in “a sound that will virtually jump out of the speakers”.
Hollywood Orchestral Percussion features
- Orchestral percussion staples include timpani, snare drums, cymbals, bass drums, and metals.
- Specific instruments to handle extreme tempos.
- Extensive and fluid timpani.
- An extensive array of epic anvil samples.
- Orchestral chimes are sampled to mimic the sound of real church bells, as the instrument was originally intended.
- Array of vintage field drums, such as Epic Bass Drum Ensemble and Mahler Hammer.
- The celeste has been captured in a multi mic position environment with extremely low noise.
The library is available in a Diamond Edition for $799 USD (supplied on an optional hard drive), the Gold Edition is $499 USD, and the Silver Edition costs $249 USD.
Diamond and Gold Editions are available now. The Silver Edition will be available later in October.
More information: SoundsOnline / Hollywood Orchestral Percussion
More posts that match this tag
GBR Loops has announced the release of Tumbi Loops, a free collection of Punjabi loops. Tumbi Loops features 100 types of indian Punjabi Loops In this package. All loops have been created in standard key. … read more
ModeAudio has launched Undercover, a sample library featuring a collection of found percussion samples. Music can be made with almost anything – as soon as you realise this, your entire home can become an extended … read more
Biome Digital has announced the release of Carnival Drums Free Loops, is a free sample pack containing a selection of drum loops & fills recorded live at a festival. The sounds have been digitally edited … read more
Output has announced the release of a collection of free organic, electronic and percussive loops. The large package of loops was created using Output’s REV, the world’s first reverse instrument suite. Using REV’s 4 engines; … read more
Chriss Ons has announced the release of PERC+, a percussion library for Native Instruments Kontakt. PERC+ (for KONTAKT 5.1) is a percussion sample library containing over 14 GB / 10.000+ samples of sounds made with … read more
Soundiron has announced the release of Iron Pack 8, a sample library that explores custom tuned percussion built from tuned water vases, along with a variety of manipulated atmospheres, leads and pads created from the … read more
Big Fish Audio has announced SMACK: Claps, Snaps & Stomps, a comprehensive claps, snaps, stomps, and percussion instrument for Kontakt & Kontakt Player. A time-saving resource for the modern composer, this collection of various claps, … read more
Rhythmic Robot has announced Lorenzo, a vintage reed organ instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt. We have a bit of a soft spot for reed organs. They can add an instant blanket of breathing, organic warmth … read more
Human Touch Technology has launched Darbukator Traditional, a Kontakt instrument library featuring a real-time arranger for classic North African rhythms based on the HTP2 VST module with new styles and functions. Darbukator Traditional is a … read more
Audiowiesel has launched Snaps & Claps, an instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt 5. We truly believe that this tool solves a specific problem! And that is, using the right snap or clap sounds in … read more
Impact Soundworks has announced Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion Essentials, an extra-affordable version of the symphonic library for Native Instruments Kontakt, featuring a comprehensive collection of traditional & extended percussive instruments. This exquisite symphonic collection for KONTAKT … read more
Impact Soundworks has announced the release of Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion, a new instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt. This beautiful library features over 50+ instruments sampled in great detail, from traditional drums and chromatic percussion … read more
Sonic Zest has announced Asian Thunder, Stones and Dragons, a Kontakt library featuring Chinese Dragon Bells, Indonesian Thunder Drum and a Vietnamese Lithophone. The Thunder Drum is a percussive instrument from Indonesia. It consists of … read more
NoiseGuild has announced the release of 24ToneGongs 1: Mallets&Sticks, an orchestral gong instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt. Varying from 70 – 6 cm in diameter, this is a 4 octave spanning, tuned orchestral gong … read more
Applied Acoustics Systems has released version 1.0.7 of Chromaphone, the creative percussion instrument for Windows and Mac. Chromaphone combines acoustic resonators to create drums, percussion, string, and synth-like instruments. Membranes, bars, marimbas, plates, strings, and … read more