Hephaestus has released Steinway Grand 2, a free compact piano library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This is the 2nd version of our Steinway piano. It uses the same samples of the 1st version, but we’ve fixed a lot of sound issues and increased the sound quality. If you want to try it…please, it’s FREE!
Steinway Grand 2 features
- 44.1KHz 16-bit Stereo sample resolution.
- Looped samples.
- 3-band EQ to adjust the sound.
- IR Reverb knob (new).
- Key-off switch to enable/disable the key-off noise.
- Fixed the bad flanger effect when pressing the sustain pedal (new).
- Totally redesigned the script that controls the sustain pedal behaviour (new).
- Harmonics / Resonance effects with IR (new).
- Some notes have been retuned and adjusted EQ dynamics (new).
- 48 MB size.
- Kontakt 5.2 or newer required (Kontakt Player not supported).
The library is a free download.
More information: Hephaestus
ADSR Sounds has introduced Quicklessons Piano Course, an 8 hour video course of high-quality piano lessons by Ozie Cargile.
Quicklessons is perfect for beginner and intermediate students who want to learn piano by ear. Taught by award-winning composer/pianist Ozie Cargile, these video tutorials focus on the skills needed to hear, play, chart and improvise your own music.
Quicklessons Piano Course features
- 143 lectures and 8 hours of content!
- The basics of music theory on piano.
- How to play all major and minor scales and chords for every key.
- Chord progressions for a wide range of songs and music genres.
- How to put melodies and harmonies together.
- Improvisation and music expansion techniques.
- Solfege and ear-training sessions.
- How to read chord charts and sheet music.
- Great tips for singers and songwriters.
- Lots of fun!
The course is available from ADSR for $197 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Quicklessons Piano Course
MSXII Sound Design has launched Steinway Stabs, a new collection of samples from a Steinway and Sons 1910 Vertegrand piano.
As a family heirloom dating back to the 1960′s, we’ve now decided to put this incredible instrument out in it’s most pure form.
Steinway pianos have a history of fine craftsmanship and resonance. This piano still has the ivory keytops and original strings. The Vertegrand is literally their model Grand piano flipped upright. This improves overall resonance and tone which sets it apart from other upright studio pianos.
If you want authentic, real, and legendary piano samples in your arsenal, look no further!
Steinway Stabs features
- Live recorded samples in 16bit .wav form of a Steinway and Sons 1910 Vertegrand Piano.
- Numerous playable chords including Maj and Min in various keys and inversions.
- Focused on more colorful chords; sus4 chords with +9 and +13 chords.
- Includes block chords and the arpeggiated attacks.
- A sound that cannot be replicated due to the natural de-tuning of certain keys inducing tones and harmonics not achievable otherwise.
- Most chords with root on C, but can be mapped to fit whatever key you’re working in.
- Pair with octave bass notes for pure jazz.
- Samples organized by folders with key & chord info.
- Compatible with all major software DAWs and hardware samplers.
The pack is available from the Drum Broker for $34.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker
Plugin Boutique has launched a limited time sale on Addictive Keys Studio Collection, a bundle of three essential instruments for songwriters by XLN Audio.
Everyones’ needs might be different, but everyone needs outstanding keyboard sounds. That’s why we created the Addictive Keys Studio Collection. With the majestic Studio Grand, the intimate Modern Upright, and the warm and gorgeous Mark One, you’ll be ready no matter where your inspiration takes you.
- Includes full Addictive Keys engine
- Three essential instruments
- Incredibly fast load times
The collection is 50% off at Plugin Boutique until July 7th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Addictive Keys Studio Collection
Sound Magic has announced the release of Imperial Grand with Neo Piano Hybrid Modelling Engine, the successor of the “Imperial Grand” virtual piano instrument.
Imperial Grand starts with the famous dark, rich Bösendorfer tone. By using the newly developed Neo Piano Engine, Imperial Grand reproduces the magnificent dynamic and various timbre colors of a Bösendorfer 290 SE.
The unique feature of Imperial Grand is that you can forge your own sound with it. Through our online customize sound system, you can easily forge your personal sound. You not only get a standard Bösendorfer sound ,but also get a sound fit for your taste. And more important, other Imperial Grand users do not have this sound because it is customized for you only. This makes Imperial Grand unique to you and cannot duplicate. It will become your “secret ” weapon in your music production.
Neo Piano features a custom built Hybrid DFD/RAM system. It is a very flexible system which can be optimized for different playing applications. If you are using an old system with low RAM,DFD will work well. If you are using a top performance 64bit system with plenty of RAM, you can choose to play Neo Piano totally from RAM. A balance of DFD and RAM samples can be utilized to optimize general performance. In All cases Sound Quality remains at the highest level. For live stage performances, the entire piano sample set can be loaded into RAM, removing any worries about OS interference with Hard Disc access. For Studio and Composition use, DFD is ideal with modern computers.
A major breakthrough in Neo Piano Engine is the resonance engine. Every Grand Piano has a very large soundboard which reflects sound which resonates together with the piano’s wood body. This is a continuous process and makes every note sound unique. In order to simulate this behavior, Sound Magic first captures multi angle IRs from the soundboard, then applies ground-breaking technology to convert those IRs into Resonance Engine Algorithms. The result is an amazing concert hall sound reproduction full of life.
Imperial Grand for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 129 EUR/$169 USD/£105 GBP.
More information: Sound Magic / Imperial Grand
SampleTekk has launched White Grand MkII, a piano instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
When we recorded the White Grand and the White Sister our goal was not to create ”the ultimate Grand Piano”. Since a Grand Piano can be used in so many ways, from playing Mozart to hammer out Jerry Lee or Little Richard stuff and everything in between, we realized that there isn’t anything that could be considered ”The ultimate Grand Piano” in the world of multisampled instruments.
We wanted to make the ”Ultimate Studio Grand Piano” that would work in a recording session for more contemporary styles of music. It would simply sit well in a mix!
We very lucky enough to find this fantastic instrument, an old, LARGE, Malmsjö Grand piano from around 1910, that had the clarity needed to work in a modern production, but also, at the same time, had the richness at well contoured bass side that would provide the power needed on the lower part of the keyboard without getting muddy.
White Grand MkII features
- 16 velocity levels.
- More than 2,900 samples.
- TimeVel Release Technology.
- Sympathetic Resonance.
- Real Pedaling.
- Controllable volume for key/pedal noise.
- Two different mixable microphone perspectives.
- Controllable volume for Sympathetic Resonance and Resonance.
- 24 bit 44.1 stereo samples.
The library is available at a 25% introductory discount, priced at $149.25 USD until June 23rd, 2014 (regular $199 USD). SampleTekk is also offering a 50% discount on all orders until June 30th, 2014.
More information: SampleTekk / White Grand MkII
Loopmasters has released House Piano, a sample library by Sarah deCourcy featuring inspiring piano loops dedicated to the dance floor.
House Pianos is a beautifully performed and recorded collection of real live piano hooks aimed directly at dance music producers looking for the type of percussive choppy riffs and evolving progressions that made early House music so damn funky. With over 70 infectious melodies perfect for retro rewinds and future classic bumps, this collection is a must have for all Dance producers.
Sarah is an incredible musician, producer, songwriter, musical director who over her impeccable career to date has worked with some of the biggest names in popular music – and if there is one thing she knows, it’s to write a killer top line!
House Piano features
- 614MB content (24bit/44.1kHz).
- 72 unique melodic loops arranged into BPMs of 110, 123 and 128.
- 72 MIDI files and 144 REX2 files.
- Loops also come with Wet effected versions.
The sample pack is available for purchase for £29.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / House Piano
Taleweaver Orchestra has announced the release of Ancient Wooden Piano and Ancient Bowed Psaltery, two new sample libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Ancient Wooden Piano
The „Ancient Wooden Piano“ is an Instrument Library for Native Instrument’s Kontakt Sampler. The samples sound like an old piano with ancient mechanics and wooden hammers.
If you need a piano that sounds like back in 1750-1800, the Ancient Wooden Piano is your choice. This instrument breathes and lives its own life so it’s slightly out of tune here and there creating its unique charm.
Ancient Wooden Piano features
- 88 Keys fully recorded.
- 44 kHz / 16 bit, wave format.
- Soft & Normal patches referring to the softness of the hammer-impact on the string.
- Panned and Mono Patches for both Soft & Normal.
- Contains a very small amount of original room reverb so it’s not completely dry, but it can easily be wrapped into custom reverbs.
- 3 Velocity-Layers, 5 Round-Robins each.
- About 1300 samples.
Ancient Wooden Piano is available for the introductory price of 40 EUR (40% off regular).
Ancient Bowed Psaltery
The „Ancient Bowed Psaltery“ is a Psaltery Instrument Library for Native Instrument’s Kontakt Sampler.
You need something that cuts through the mix? Something with a silvery sounding color? This is your choice.
Ancient Bowed Psaltery features
- Bowed & Plucked patches.
- 21 recorded original tones + a few pitched extra tones.
- 44 kHz / 16 bit, wave format.
- Bowed: 3 Velocity-Layers, 3 Round-Robins each + Release Samples.
- Plucked: 3 Velocity-Layers, 5 Round-Robins each.
- About 500 Samples.
The Bowed Psaltery library is available for the introductory price of 18 EUR (40% off regular).
More information: Taleweaver Orchestra