Cinesamples has released version 2.2 of Piano in Blue, a 1949 Steinway D piano instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Changes in Piano in Blue v2.2
- Latency — Added “Sample Start” knob which will cut into the samples of the sustains by 20ms — this adjustment will remove all of the hammer/finger noise from the instrument.
- Tape Sample Replace — Re-recorded all the sample sets back through a physical Studer tape machine with better leveling to remove the “crunch” on the top velocities.
- Individual de-noising of V1 direct samples.
- Sample fix — F4, Velocity 101-110, Direct-Room (fixes modulated distortion noise on this note).
- 91-110 quick release velocities (fixes issues with the shorter release samples being too quiet in this region).
- Various minor adjustments to ADSR curves and some minor volume tweaks on individual samples.
- Added CC11 (Expression) control.
Piano in Blue is available for purchase for $99 USD. Requires Kontakt full version 5.3.1 or higher.
More information: Cinesamples / Piano in Blue
Ivy Audio has announced that its Piano in 162 sample library of a Steinway Model B grand piano is now available in both Kontakt and SFZ formats.
Like all Ivy Audio libraries, it is available to download completely free of charge for personal and commercial use.
Due to time constraints I was unfortunately unable to record release samples, which means the library might sound a little funny in certain situations.
Piano in 162 features
- Two microphone positions.
- Five dynamic levels.
- Two round robins.
- Sustain pedal on and off.
Piano in 162 for Kontakt and sfz is available to download at no charge. Donations are welcome.
More information: Ivy Audio / Piano in 162
HeadlessBuddha Samples has launched Taperight Piano Bundle, a piano instrument bundle for Native Instruments Kontakt.
We just used the Taperight Piano, the impulse responses included, the delay (which is also present on the interface) and love to create these.
The Taperight Piano Bundle features samples of a lovely pretty old upright piano in two versions for Kontakt 5:
- 40′s – Sampled through a very worn tape machine from the forties. An awesome, saturated and vibey instrument.
- 70′s – Sampled through another tape machine, this time in better condition, warm, with a nice creamy low end, less saturated than it’s older brother.
Taperight Piano Bundle features
- 2 Kontakt instruments (40’s and 70’s).
- 6 Velocity layers.
- 1.1 GB of 44.1kHz/32 bit .wav format samples recorded through tape each.
- A set of 18 custom impulse responses.
- Pedal Control via Mod-wheel.
The bundle is available for purchase for $40 USD. The instruments are also available separately for $24 USD each.
More information: HeadlessBuddha Samples / Taperight Piano Bundle
Toontrack has released version 1.2.0 of EZkeys, the virtual piano instrument and songwriting tool for Windows and Mac.
This update is recommended to all users running Windows 7/8 and Mac OS 10.9 or above. Note that version 1.2.0 is required for the support of EZkeys packs released from this point forward (Q3 2014).
Changes in EZkeys v1.2
- Various internal changes required for the Mellotoon.
- Added time signature 11/8.
- Dynamics settings now affect mouse-clicking of the keys.
- Checkboxes are now possible to toggle by clicking on their texts.
- Browser entries now have tooltips and long entries are properly truncated.
- When playing a file in the browser, it is now possible to change position in the playing file.
- The loop area in the time bar should be easier to hit with the mouse now.
- Improvements to song block snapping.
- With a trackpad on Mac, horizontal scrolling of the song track is now much smoother.
- New authorization dialogs – already registered serial numbers are automatically retrieved from the server.
- Fixed: the scissors would sometimes become graphically stuck on the song track.
- Fixed: add9 could not be added to a 13 major chord.
- Fixed: changing a chord that has its third as bass note (for example C/E) from major to minor or from minor to major now also changes the bass note accordingly (C/E becomes Cm/Eb).
- Fixed: when the song track was exported as MIDI, key signature was not saved.
- Fixed: sympathetic resonance would sometimes not be correctly working after a change of sound library.
- Fixed: after dragging MIDI from EZkeys, the next mouse click in the interface would be ignored.
- Fixed: the displayed chord is no longer reset and pressed keys are no longer graphically released after 5 seconds of inactivity.
- Fixed: song block MIDI is no longer drawn on different vertical positions depending on which sound library is loaded.
- Fixed: MIDI files from folders named “Endings” are now marked as Outro when dragged to the song track.
- Fixed: menus that were opened close to the bottom edge of the screen would open above the window (Mac 64-bit).
- Fixed: in the standalone, when using external displays on Mac OS X Mavericks or later, the window could sometimes get stuck in the top part of the screen.
The EZkeys update is now available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX).
More information: Toontrack / EZkeys
Related: Chris Watson
, field recording
, Plugin Boutique
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 25, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has announced a limited time 30% discount on selected Soniccouture instrument libraries as part of its partner focus.
Soniccouture produce virtual instruments and sample libraries for Kontakt and Ableton Live. The instruments are varied, but the common theme is unusual and exciting sound; ranging from glass harmonicas to horror-synths from the 1930s.
- The Attic — A project to document and sample interesting, characterful instruments that may not always be the obvious choice when we think of classics. Instruments which, when added to a track, instantly add some special magic, even if it is due to the fact that it sounds a bit cheap or quirky.
- Glass Works — Glass/Works is a Kontakt player instrument which collects together 3 extremely unusual and rare musical instruments which use glass to generate sound: Le Cristal Baschet, The Glass Armonica, and a set of Cloud Chamber Bowls.
- (Xtended) Piano — “Extended” is a term usually used to describe unorthodox techniques used when playing a musical instrument in an unconventional way, to coax new timbres from a traditional instrument.
- Konkrete 3 — A powerful sample-based drum synth for all kinds of electronic music with 90 kits of 61 sounds and Beat Shifter – Generative Drum Machine.
- Geosonics — Geosonics is a collaboration between legendary field recordist Chris Watson and Soniccouture. Hundreds of hours of recording time, in some of the worlds most extreme and inhospitable environments, combine to form a library of rare sonic artefacts that cannot be found anywhere else.
The sale ends October 1st, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Soniccouture
More posts that match this tag
Sound Dust has launched Plastic Ghost Piano, a convolution based hybrid piano instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt. The piano sample set was made by sending bursts of controlled noise through unsuspecting piano samples used as … read more
Dream Audio Tools has announced a limited time sale on Dream Keys Complete, a multi-format cinematic piano based library. Dream Keys Complete is the new piano package created as a toolbox for film composers, electronic … read more
Outbound link: Dream Audio Tools
– Related: cinematic
, Dream Audio
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 16, 2014 - 0 comments
Fairly Confusing Waveforms has introduced Terrible Piano, a free piano instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt. This set has been recorded by accident. I happened to need to wait some hours alone in a room with … read more
Sample Logic has announced the release of Cinematic Keys, a Kontakt Player powered library featuring a collection of 850+ traditional and mutilated Instruments & Multis derived entirely from recordings of keyboard instruments. Weighing in at … read more
Native Instruments has announced Komplete 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate, the next generation of their industry-standard production suites, which comes with six brand-new instruments. KOMPLETE 10 and KOMPLETE 10 ULTIMATE come with six brand-new instruments … read more
Sound Magic has announced the release of the Fazioli Rose, a virtual Fazioli “Brunei” concert grand piano instrument for Windows and Mac. Fazioli “Brunei” is the most expensive concert grand piano. Fazioli, base in Italy, … read more
The Producers Choice has launched Piano Sessions, a collection of 4 piano loops kits. These brand new piano loops will give you the inspiration to start your next song… Build on them with some drums, … read more
The Drum Broker has launched Minor Scales Vol. 2, a new sample pack by Cardiak for adding a major flare to your melody. This kit is the 2nd installment of the #MS Series, Cardi gives … read more
Famous Audio has launched Atmospheric Piano Themes 2, a collection of 20 cinematic crescendos and heart-wrenching piano phrases in WAV format and 20 exclusive piano melodies in MIDI format. This pack brings you 20 professionally … read more
VST Buzz has launched a limited time sale on the Production Grand LE, offering a 50% discount on the piano library for NI Kontakt by Production Voices. The Production Grand LE is an incredible piano … read more
SampleTekk has announced the release of the Emperor MkII, a reproduction of a unique Bösendorfer 290 SE Imperial Grand Piano. The owner achieved to install a very high-tech mechanism in the piano designed by Wayne … read more
Adam Monroe Music has released a Mac OS X version of Honky Tonk Piano and updated the Windows version to 2.0. Adam Monroe’s Honky Tonk piano is an instrument/sample library that is designed to replicate … read more
SampleTekk has announced the release of TVBO – Yamaha C7 Studio Grand, a virtual piano instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt. The Grand Piano used for the TVBO is a Yamaha C7. One of the most … read more
The Drum Broker has launched The Clinic and Minor Scales, two new sample pack from Cardiak. The Clinic Fresh out of the HeartFelt lab Cardiak is back with another kit of sick drums. The Clinic, … read more
VST Buzz has launched a limited time sale on Cinematic Grand, offering a 50% discount on the virtual piano instrument by Antisample. The Cinematic Grand is a Yamaha C2 concert grand piano, beautifully recorded by … read more
Outbound link: VST Buzz
– Related: Antisample
, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Jul 24, 2014 - 0 comments