LePou Plugins has released LeGion, a high gain preamp simulator for Windows.
This is an original design, it’s not based on any hardware gear. My goal here was to build a high gain sim that doesn’t need any booster in front in order to be tight.
- 2 channels, actually two completely different preamp circuits.
- 2 modes on each channel, rhythm and lead.
- 2 tonestacks assignable to any of the 2 channels.
- Drive and tone controls.
- GUI by requietus.
LeGion is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC. Donations are appreciated.
More information: LePou Plugins / LeGion
LePou Plugins has released LeXTAC, a free effect plug-in inspired by a great Californian boutique amplifier.
LePou Plugins LeXTAC
- Channel 1 (Clean/Yellow) and 2 & 3 (Blue & Red): gain, bass, middle, treble, contour, power amp gain volume, 3 positions pre eq, gain boost.
- All channels have a 3 positions Pre EQ switch: Normal, Bright and Brighter. The higher you set the gain control, the less effect the Pre EQ will have on the sound. All channels also have a gain boost.>/li>
- Channel 2 & 3 have two other switches to give the user different gain/tone:
- The Plexi channel is a lower gain channel than the normal Blue & Red ones. The plexi channel can be assigned to either Channel 2 or 3. Note: structure switch and Gain Boost switch are inactive in Plexi mode.
- The Structure switch is an overall gain reduction switch for Channels 2 & 3. When ON (high position), both channels 2 & 3 have less gain. Obviously, when OFF (down position), the preamp will more gain.
- GUI design by requietus
LeXTAC is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
More information: LePou Plugins / LeXTAC