Loopmasters has announced the release of Synth Explorer – SH101, a sample library featuring the sounds for the SH101 synthesizer instrument from Roland.
Volume 2 of the Synth Explorer collection is the classic Roland SH101. Produced in 1983 the SH101 was one solid Monophonic synth, capable of huge fat basses and squelchy resonant SFX but its super-fast envelope makes for awesome analogue percussion making it perfect for producers of Techno, Drum n Bass and Acid!
The SH101 is a relatively simple 1 VCO analogue monosynth but deserves its place in the Hall of Fame, highlights include a self-resonating filter, Pulse width Modulation, Variable Speed LFO with selectable Wave Shapes, Arpeggio, Simple Sequencer and a user upgradable Modulation Grip and Shoulder strap for anyone brave or crazy enough to jump around on stage with one strapped around their neck.
This edition of Vintage Explorer sees a wealth of loop and one shot samples covering a wide range of sounds perfect for Techno, Dubstep, Drum & Bass or even Experimental Electronica. The collection features an inspiring range of sequencer and arp loops at 140 and 175BPM and one shot sounds that have been sourced directly from a real SH101 with varying degrees of additional processing including Heavy Distortion, Phaser, Delay, Reverb and Flanger.
The sample pack is available for purchase for £14.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Synth Explorer – SH101
Roland has announced the Super UA, a high-performance USB 2.0 audio interface featuring proprietary S1LKi technology.
Offering exceptional sound with 1-bit DSD and 32-bit PCM playback, VS Preamps, monitor control functions, and more, the flexible Super UA is ideal for use in personal music studios, mobile applications, and other situations where superior audio resolution is desired.
Sleek and compact, the Super UA provides up to four simultaneous channels of 24-bit PCM recording. Roland’s newly developed S1LKi audio engine also enables native four-channel playback of DSD audio sampled at 2.8 MHz, as well as PCM playback at rates up to 32-bit/192 kHz. Using the same type of 1-bit D/A converter used in DSD, S1LKi produces ultra-smooth, unclouded sound when compared to standard D/A conversion in typical PCM-based devices.
Super UA features
- Audiophile sound quality with 1-bit DSD and 32-bit PCM playback.
- Four inputs and four outputs with XLR and 1/4-inch connectors.
- Die-cast metal construction with simple, solid controls and smooth metering.
- Includes 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch jacks for headphones.
- Flexible design allows for mobile use without having to disconnect studio mics and monitors.
- Large multi-function knob and recessed, illuminated buttons provide quick access to input and output levels.
- Clean, quiet operation with stunning clarity and dynamic range.
- Low-latency ASIO and Core Audio drivers.
Pricing and availability TBA.
More information: Roland / Super UA
Roland has announced the MX-1 Mix Performer, a performance-optimized mixing instrument for bringing together synths, drum machines, loops, DAW tracks, AIRA gear, and more.
The MX-1 can mix up to 18 audio channels from a computer, and AIRA devices are able to communicate directly via USB alongside other analog and digital gear. With its versatile input selection, intuitive layout, and numerous tempo effects with step and real-time control, the MX-1 is a unique and powerful tool for delivering spontaneous, dynamic musical performances.
Designed to function as the nerve center for a modern electronic music rig, the MX-1 is perfect for working with AIRA devices such as the TR-8, TB-3, and SYSTEM-1, as well as other music equipment. Simple to use, the MX-1 provides high-quality sound at rates up to 96 kHz, plus a wealth of mixing features optimized for real-time creativity. Master tempo control (with fine and tap functions) synchronizes the MX-1’s effects with all connected devices via USB and/or MIDI.
MX-1 Mix Performer features
- 18 channel performance mixer with step-sequenced FX, transport, and tempo control.
- Three kinds of step-sequenced Beat FX (Filter, Side Chain, Slicer) with TR-style buttons.
- Six kinds of Master FX (48 variations) with large performance control knob.
- Beat FX and Master FX can be applied to any or all inputs; Beat FX are per channel.
- Combi mode rhythmically alternates the Master FX using the step-sequencer.
- Four AIRA Link USB ports support audio, MIDI, sync, and bus power (on Port 3) for AIRA gear.
- Mix mode provides six analog, one digital (stereo), four AIRA (stereo) , and two PC channels through mixer and FX.
- External mode provides 18 channels from DAW through mixer and FX (all inputs direct to DAW).
- Control Surface mode for full DAW control via MIDI.
- DJ-style cue monitoring, quick mutes, and six fader curves per channel.
- Per-channel Tone/Filter knob with ten kinds of EQs, filters, and isolators.
- Transport and tempo control with fine, shuffle, and tap-tempo functions.
- Instantly save and recall complete setups including all FX configurations.
Availability and pricing TBA.
More information: Roland / MX-1 Mix Performer
Roland has introduced the JD-Xi, a powerful compact synthesizer with onboard pattern sequencer and vocal fx.
Tiny, mighty, and affordable, the JD-Xi puts a true analog synth engine, Roland’s famous SuperNATURAL synth sounds, and many other creative tools under one hood. Equipped with 37 mini keys, this compact instrument delivers fat, warm analog bass and lead tones with ample controls for hands-on tweaking, plus polyphonic PCM essentials like pads, strings, brass, and more.
Create impressive loops in a flash with the pattern sequencer and built-in drum kits, and explore expressive vocal textures with the gooseneck mic, Vocoder, and AutoPitch. Small in size and large in versatility, the JD-Xi is all about big sounds and big fun!
- Interactive crossover synthesizer with analog and digital sound engines.
- Analog synth section provides authentic lead and bass tones.
- Two digital synth sections with SuperNATURAL synth tones and 128-voice total polyphony.
- Four-track pattern sequencer and high-quality rhythm sounds.
- Included gooseneck mic for use with built-in Vocoder and AutoPitch.
- Process sounds with four simultaneous effects (Effect 1/2, Delay, Reverb).
- USB for audio/MIDI communication with computer music software.
- Includes a large selection of ready-to-play sounds and patterns.
- Additional sounds and patterns available for download at Roland’s Axial sound library site.
Availability and pricing TBA.
More information: Roland / JD-Xi
Wave Alchemy has launched Revolution-606 SE, a free ‘slimmed-down’ demo version of the Revolution-606 virtual drum machine for Kontakt 5.
Users of Kontakt 5 are able to demo a small amount of what is possible with our Revolution-606 instrument!
The iconic TR-606, recorded 10 times, through 10 unique, characterful signal chains… 5381 unique samples, seamlessly integrated within an intuitive, highly-programmable virtual drum machine.
Imagine a studio equipped with high-end outboard gear, vintage analogue tape machines, classic 12-bit samplers and filthy lo-fi sound shaping boxes. Now imagine taking a TR-606 and being able to process and shape each drum sound individually through unique, highly versatile signal chains – The tone shaping possibilities would be almost limitless…
Revolution-606 SE is a free download at Wave Alchemy.
More information: Wave Alchemy / Revolution-606 SE
More posts that match this tag
Wave Alchemy has launched Revolution-606, a new instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt. The iconic TR-606, recorded 10 times, through 10 unique, characterful signal chains… 5381 unique samples, seamlessly integrated within an intuitive, highly-programmable virtual … read more
D16 Group has introduced release candidate version 1.6 of its Classic Boxes Collection, a bundle of drum machine and bassline synthesizer plug-ins for Windows and Mac. Includes all four D16’s acclaimed emulations of classic vintage … read more
Roland has introduce the new 7X7-TR8 Drum Machine Expansion for the TR-8 Rhythm Performer. The sounds of the now-famous TR-707 and TR-727 Rhythm Composers, with every nuance accounted for, can be injected into the TR-8, … read more
Arturia has launched V Collection 4, the latest edition of its virtual instrument bundle, including new instruments Matrix 12 V, Solina, Spark 2 and Vox Continental V. V Collection 4 puts the sounds of the … read more
Outbound link: Arturia
/ V Collection 4
– Related: AAX
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 03, 2014 - 0 comments
D16 Group has launched its Black Friday Sale, offering a 30% discount on the Classic Boxes Collection, comprising Nepheton, Drumazon, Nithonat & Phoscyon. Holiday season is coming and Black Friday along with it, that’s why … read more
Outbound link: D16 Group
/ Classic Boxes Collection
– Related: AU
, d16 group
, drum machine
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Nov 27, 2014 - 0 comments
Luftrum has announced the release of Luftrum 12, a collection of 64 presets for the TAL U-NO-LX synthesizer plug-in by Togu Audio Line. TAL U-NO-LX is an accurate emulation of the Juno 60 with zero … read more
Liveschool has released a free Roland SH-101 multi-sample synth pack for Ableton Live. Taking inspiration from our free drum sample series, Liveschool trainers Francis Xavier (Motorik) and Yama Indra (Gloves) have been getting busy in … read more
Fingerpushers has announced the release of Sampler Anthology 909, a new sound library focusing on bringing back the sound of old hardware samplers into modern productions. In this library we have sampled a real TR909 … read more
Outbound link: Fingerpushers
/ Sampler Anthology 909
– Related: Akai
, drum machine
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 26, 2014 - 0 comments
ElliottGarage has launched EGDR909, a drum machine app for iOS that emulates the vintage hardware from the 80’s with all the facilities of modern software. Its realistic and clear interface recalls the analog machine from … read more
Roland has announced the SH-2 PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer, the first complete reproduction of Roland’s classic SH-2 synthesizer from 1979. Renowned for its raw vintage tone, the SH-2’s dual VCO plus sub oscillator configuration delivers fat … read more
Elektron has announced Divine 909, a new sound pack for the analog sample-supported drum machine Analog Rytm. 909, how do we love thee. Let us count the ways. No, impossible. Instead, allow us to pay … read more
Roland has announced the Mobile UA, an ultra-compact USB audio interface that incorporates newly developed S1LKi sound technology. Featuring up to four channels of DSD and PCM audio playback in a small, bus-powered device, the … read more
Roland has announced the SBX-1 Sync Box, a universal synchronization hub for electronic musical instruments and computers. Equipped with USB-MIDI, standard MIDI, and DIN sync ports, the compact SBX‑1 provides a convenient way for music … read more
Roland has announced the HS-5 Session Mixer, a digital mixer and recording interface designed for rehearsing bands, vocal groups, and other ensembles. Portable and simple to operate, the HS-5 allows up to five musicians to … read more
Loopmasters has launched Synth Explorer – Jupiter-6, the first title in a new series of royalty free loops and one shot samples that pay tribute to legendary synthesizers and drum machines. First up for the … read more