Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.1 of PatchWork, the “universal plug-ins patchbay” plug-in that can host up to 64 VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
With Blue Cat’s PatchWork it is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently.
This new version mainly brings sub plug-in automation support thanks to new parameter mapping features, phase flip and gain compensation for parallel chains, a few compatibility improvements and many more enhancements (details below): It is now possible to map hosted plug-ins’ parameters to external parameters that can be controlled by host automation or external control surfaces.
Changes in Blue Cat’s PatchWork v1.1
- New Features:
- New parameters mapping feature for sub plug-ins automation (includes a “learn” mode for easy mapping): Up to 40 parameters can be mapped to external controls. Usual Blue Cat Audio plug-ins’ advanced automation and MIDI control features can also be used to map controllers to sub-plug-ins parameters.
- New layout to display mapped automation controls in the main user interface.
- Added phase flip buttons for each parallel chain, so that you can easily compute differences between signals or correct phase problems introduced by some plug-ins.
- Link all pre and post gain knobs so that pre gain changes are automatically compensated by the post gain knobs. This can be used to easily push dynamics or distortion plug-ins without increasing the volume.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements:
- In some hosts, when no plug-in is inserted, level meters remained frozen when stopping transport.
- Fixing crashes with GRM Tools plug-ins that changed their audio I/O count dynamically (“Reson” for example).
- Fixing sample rate initialization issue with Nebula when using copy/paste.
- The plug-in can now be used as a virtual instrument in Cubase and Studio One (it used to be silent).
- Some plug-ins that required the deprecated “effIdle” VST message should now work properly (Steinberg’s Virtual Guitarist for example).
Blue Cat’s PatchWork for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 47 EUR / $63 USD until December 31st, 2013 (regular 59 EUR / $79 USD).
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 17, 2013
Arturia has announced that its V Collection 3.0 is available to purchase at a 50% discount for a limited time.
Arturia V Collection 3.0 – Welcome to your Dream Studio.
V Collection 3.0 brings together the sought-after sounds of several of the most legendary analogue synthesizers and classic drum machines that helped shape the sound of modern music-making into an attractively-priced premium software suite fit for transporting those sounds to today’s computer-based production systems. Indeed, thanks to Arturia’s tried-and-tested TAE® (True Analogue Emulation) technology-powered software instruments, those sounds are proving more popular than ever, making themselves heard on countless hit records, Hollywood film scores, blockbuster games, and all manner of praised productions around the globe.
V Collection 3.0 includes no less than ten of Arturia’s multi-award-winning 64-bit software instruments — namely, Mini V, Modular V, CS-80V, ARP2600V, Prophet V & Prophet VS, Jupiter 8-V, and Analog Lab, as well as the latest Oberheim SEM V and Wurlitzer V additions, plus Spark Vintage, a comprehensive collection of 30 classic drum machines.
The V Collection 3.0 is available to purchase for $199 USD / 199 EUR until January 16th, 2014.
More information: Arturia / V Collection
Klanghelm Audio Plugins has released version 2 of the free compressor plug-in DC1A, and version 2.1 of DC8C, the advanced compressor effect plugin.
I’ve just updated the popular free compressor DC1A to the compression engine of its big brother DC8C 2.
DC1A 2 offers a few more tricks than its predecessor, such as compression with negative ratios and dual mono operation. Since the sound has changed, DC1A 2 has a new plugin id, so that you’re able to use V1 alongside with V2 in your projects.
DC8C has been updated too.
Changes in DC1A 2 / DC8C v2.1
- New GUI(s), dedicated GUIs for each easy mode too.
- New metering, much more detailed and accurate.
- New dual mono switch for the easy modes.
- Mac RTAS is now officially supported.
- Less CPU consumption.
- Removed DC offset from saturation.
- Overall better handling of extreme settings.
- With no oversampling selected DC8C is zero latency now.
DC1A is available to download as freeware, DC8C costs 20 EUR. The update is free for current users.
More information: Klanghelm Audio
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 16, 2013
112dB has updated its Redline Equalizer and Redline Preamp effect plugins, including a 64-bit version for Windows & OSX and several bug fixes.
Redline Preamp emulates an analogue preamp. It livens up any digital or “too clean” signal by adding warmth, character, and overall mojo. But unlike many other saturation plugins, Redline Preamp doesn’t stop at just a single (or at most a few) analogue devices. Instead we captured the essence of what makes analogue gear sound so, well, analogue and provide controls to sculpt the effect to your liking.
Redline Equalizer is a variable-phase EQ. Before Redline EQ made its appearance the world of equalizers was firmly divided into linear-phase (software) and non-linear phase (software or hardware) equalizers. Redline Equalizer combines the two and gives you access to the entire spectrum, from linear phase via almost-linear phase all the way to full analogue-style phase shift – and even beyond!
Changes in Redline Equalizer v1.0.4 / Preamp v1.0.2
- 64-bit VST & AU version for Windows & MAC OS
- Drag & drop authorization was removed (to simplify the authorization process & enhance compatibility with ProTools 10)
- [Redline Equalizer] dB representation in the Tube section has been changed. Was: <0dB – 24dB>. Is now: < -24dB -0dB>
- Bug fixes:
- Knob & slider parameters didn’t show up correctly in native editors and external controllers.
- Sample rate wasn’t retrieved correctly from the host (AU): EQ-frequencies were off at non-44.1 sample rates.
- Latency wasn’t communicated correctly to certain hosts.
- Several memory leaks.
Redline Preamp and Redline Equalizer are available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS). To celebrate the update, 112dB is offering 50% off both plugins until 14th January, 2014.
More information: 112dB
Two Notes Audio Engineering has released version 3.1.0 of its Torpedo Wall of Sound III speaker-cab simulation for Windows and Mac, which now includes support for the AAX format and the possibility of rating cabinets.
The Torpedo Wall of Sound III plug-in is free to download and use; all you will pay is the virtual guitar/bass cabinets you choose to purchase from our collection.
Changes in Torpedo Wall of Sound III v3.1.0
- New: AAX format available (ProTools 10.3.6 +).
- Fixed: Windows XP bug.
- Improved: preset loading.
- Improved: overall display.
- Solved: several minor issues.
- New: cabinet rating in preview mode.
The update is available to download for Windows and Mac now (AU, VST, RTAS, and AAX formats).
More information: Two Notes / Torpedo Wall of Sound III
iZotope has released version 5.05b of Ozone and Ozone Advanced, the mastering tools for Windows and Mac.
iZotope’s complete mastering system in a single integrated plug-in includes eight essential mastering tools: Maximizer, Equalizer, Multiband Dynamics, Multiband Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Multiband Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering.
Ozone 5 Advanced adds seven additional component plug-ins, extended features in every module, and a comprehensive suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone v5.05b
- Fixed intermittent crash in Pro Tools 11 on Windows 64-bit systems.
- Fixed crash on Windows related to Fonts.
- Fixed unresponsive Authorization Wizard when opening Pro Tools 11 sessions that include a demo of Ozone or Insight.
- Fixed a 64 bit AAX bug where some list items wouldn’t stay selected. For example, if trying to select IRC II in the Maximizer, the selection would skip back to IRC I.
Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced are available to purchase for $249 and $999 USD respectively.
More information: iZotope / Ozone
HoRNet Plug-Ins has released SW34EQ, an analog modeled equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
SW34EQ is an equalizer coming straight from the 80s. It’s the digital version of the EQ found in an American console and it features the typical analog EQ sound and controls.
This plug-in is specifically modeled after one channel of this console used in the main room of Virus Studio in Siena, Italy. This EQ is very smooth and gentle, both in the EQ shapes (bells and shelves) and it’s almost perfect for general tone shaping, especially the low shelf gives weight to the sound without pumping it too much.
You also get an high-pass filter at 40Hz with 18dB/oct slope that can be activated even if the rest of the EQ is not.
- 4 band equalizer.
- high and low shelf filters.
- 2 parametric filters with three different Q.
- low cut filter at 40Hz with 18/dB octave slope.
- analog emulation with saturation and hiss.
- Mac OS X (>=10.5 Intel) and Windows support.
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and RTAS format.
The plug-in is available to purchase for 17.99 EUR.
More information: HoRNet Plug-Ins / SW34EQ
XILS-lab has announced the release of R.A.M.S.E.S., a multi-effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
XILS-lab R.A.M.S.E.S. – Rhythm and Motion Stereo Engine System.
Developed in close collaboration with fellow French sound design doyen Le Lotus Bleu (a.k.a. Laurent Bourgeon) to bring any audio signal to life with rhythm and motion, R.A.M.S.E.S. stands for Rhythm And Motion Stereo Engine System.
So what does that mean, exactly? Well, try imagining a multi-effect plug-in that adds (or removes) true stereo depth and space; reshapes, re-filters, and re-envelopes every sound source; creates hypnotic and robotic sequences, yet ably adapts to the most subtle or complex human rhythms; and makes digital synths sound analogue!
Anyone who thinks that sounds too good to be true… think again! That’s R.A.M.S.E.S.
- Pristine Analog Multimode Filter with exclusive Xils-lab 0-Delay-Feedback and Advanced Modelling Technologies.
- Full True Stereo Engine with Dynamic Balance (Pan) and Stereo Width Dynamic Control.
- Dynamic control of all volumes and gains (Vca) in Stereo Path.
- Exclusive Spray Delay Effect: Easy, fast and intuitive to set, Impressive to listen to.
- Crusher Effect with Dynamic control.
- Combines 5 essential effects with zero compromise audio quality for the price of one.
- RITA Performance Module (Realtime Interactive Transformation Area): Control R.A.M.S.E.S. by playing live on a MIDI keyboard only using Note On, Note pitch, Velocity, Mod Wheel, Aftertouch, Control Pedal, Keyboard tracking etc.
- Filter Control: Get total control of the multimode Analog filter with dedicated hardwired Enveloppe, LFOs, and the incredibly powerfull exclusive Xils-Lab-Le Lotus Bleu *Masks Technology.
- Pan-Level Control: Control Pan and Volume with dedicated Envelope, Multiwave LFO, and another complete *Grid-Masks combo.
- Advanced Area: Modulate any of 91 R.A.M.S.E.S. parameters using a third *Grid-Mask area.
- Direct Midi Assignation: Automate via MIDI CC up to 91 R.A.M.S.E.S. parameters.
RAMSES for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 59 EUR until January 1st, 2014 (regular 79 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / R.A.M.S.E.S.