Rob Papen has released version 1.6.4 of the Predator software synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Predator is a “phat sounding” killer synthesizer that combines inspiring presets and first-class features to make this your ‘go-to’ synth for contemporary music production.
Changes in Predator v1.6.4
- New big screen graphic mode.
- New effects, clipper distortion (with symmetry control) & tape chorus.
- Vowel readout and Formant 2 band and Formant 4 band readout.
- Distortion dial has different function if Vowel or Formant 2/4 is selected. The menu box displays the Vowel or the band width.
- External Midi Capture Mode (back panel).
- Other small fixes.
- Over 450 of new presets:
- Bank 02 Predator dance 04 (preset 058 until preset 067).
- Bank 03 Classic Synth 04 (preset 067 until 119).
- Bank 03 Classic Synth 05 (preset 001 until 015).
- Bank 08 Ambient 02 (preset 081 until preset 096).
- Bank 12 DubStep 02 (preset 114 until preset 127).
- Bank 12 DubStep 03 (preset 01 until preset 020).
- Bank 20 all basses 04 (preset 092 until preset 096).
- Bank 20 Hardstyle BD basses (preset 01 – 084).
- Bank 20 hardstyle core BD basses RF (preset 01- 100).
- Bank 29 JoMal-bank 2 (preset 01-128)
Predator for Windows and Mac costs 149 EUR / $179 USD.
Until the end of May, 2013, it is also available as part of the limited edition EDM and Urban synth bundles, priced at 199 EUR / $239 USD.
More information: Rob Papen / Predator
Wave Arts has updated its Power Suite/Master Restoration Suite and Dialog/Tube Saturator effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Wave Arts plugins
- MAS versions are now 64-bit compatible (will work in Digital Performer 8 ONLY).
- Restored missing HRTF options in Panorama.
- Fixed RTAS pops when starting transport (Tube Saturator).
- Fixed TrackPlug black GUI/crashes in certain circumstances.
- Fixed TrackPlug AU audio problem in Digital Performer.
- Potential crash using Panorama at 88.2K sample rate.
- Fixed minor Dialog rendering glitches.
- Moved some Cocoa GUI code to common framework to clean up warning messages in Console (Mac).
- Master Restoration Windows installer fixes.
More information: Wave Arts
UVI has announced the release of 4 free presets from their latest library Digital Synsations.
Digital Synsations includes over 500 presets expertly programmed on a fully restored Yamaha SY77, Korg M1, Roland D50 and Ensoniq VFX‚ used by many of the greats including Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pet Shop Boys, Vangelis, Brian Eno, Toto, 808 State, Jean Michael Jarre and more.
If you’re looking for a new take on the 90′s sound or just some new classic synth inspiration then look no further.
The demo pack is a free download. The presets can be auditioned without the use of iLok.
More information: UVI / Digital Synsations
DMG Audio has updated the EQuilibrium equalizer effect plugin to version 1.04.
Drawing on 50 years of EQ heritage, EQuilibrium is a custom-designed power tool for audio professionals.
User-adaptable design, a cutting edge feature set, built for tackling critical mix/mastering tasks.
Changes in EQuilibrium v1.04
- Fix SaveAs crash in Logic (crash in save/load under rare circumstances).
- MIDI Preference defaults to OFF for new installs.
- Rework selection. Now grouped bands form a group independent of current selection.
- Preference added to disable band linking completely.
- Fix keyboard note readout to stay onscreen.
- Fix trivial graphical glitch on windows.
- Don’t create a submenu for Notch bands.
- Fix memory leak for AAX.
- Fix clicking with coincident/butterworth in Digital+ mode.
- Fix pops with 4kg lowshelf.
EQuilibrium for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) costs £174.99 GBP.
More information: DMG Audio / EQuilibrium
, instrument plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on May 16, 2013
AIR Music Technology has announced the release of its Vacuum Pro polyphonic analog tube synthesizer and Loom modular additive synthesizer instruments for Windows and Mac.
Vacuum Pro goes beyond providing superior analog sound to recreate the vintage synthesizer experience.
Vacuum Pro is a polyphonic analog tube synthesizer that travels light-years beyond the original monophonic Vacuum, first developed by the AIR team as part of the Pro Tools® Creative Collection from Avid®. Loom is an entirely new modular additive synthesizer. AIR Music Technology is the groundbreaking developer of acclaimed industry-standard virtual instruments and audio processing tools.
Loom uses an efficient and effective modular design to create complex sounds quickly and easily.
Both Vacuum Pro and Loom are highly intuitive in design and place few technical demands on the user, delivering a more inspiring and creative experience. Each provides an array of sound-sculpting tools ranging from rapid, highly efficient sound creation to zeroing in on most intricate of sound design tasks. The unique and scalable workflow allows the creative potential of Vacuum Pro and Loom to continue to meet the musician’s needs as they evolve. Vacuum Pro and Loom will be available first in the VST and AU 64-bit formats, plus the RTAS 32-bit format. An AAX update is coming soon.
Both titles are available to purchase now, priced at $199.99 USD each.
More information: AIR Music Technology
Blue Cat Audio has announced updates for 5 of its most recent plug-ins: the DP Meter Pro audio levels meter, FreqAnalyst Multi multiple tracks spectrum analyzer, Oscilloscope Multi multiple tracks waveform visualizer, StereoScope Multi multiple tracks stereo field analyzer and Protector zero latency brickwall limiter.
These updates mainly address an issue with the AAX version and Pro Tools 10.3.5 on Windows, and bring additional fixes and enhancements for each plug-in on both Mac and PC.
Changes in the plug-ins
- Fixed AAX version not showing up in Pro Tools 10.3.5 on Windows.
- Fixed user interface issues in Final Cut Pro X.
- Fixed compare light issues in Pro Tools.
- Fixed MIDI and automation settings that were reset when using undo.
- RTAS: Fixed parameters control with EUCON control surfaces in Pro Tools.
- AAX: Fixed initialization issues on some Pro Tools HD configurations.
- Mac-VST: Fixed window resize issues on Cubase and Nuendo (Mac).
- Mac: Fixed user interface display issues when first opened in Ableton Live 9.
- Mac: Control MIDI settings dialog is now brought back to front when already opened in the background.
- Mac: fixed copy/paste keyboard shortcuts for plug-in registration that did not work in some hosts.
- Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Multi: Pushing all parameters to other instances does not push the stereo configuration anymore.
The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio