Variety Of Sound has announced the release of TesslaPRO mkII, a transient aware signal saturator effect plug-in for Windows.
Stateful Saturation takes advantage of some sought after analog qualities and preserves them accurately during their transfer into the digital domain.
Based on stateful saturation algorithms, it features an internal expandable ‘color model’ architecture and right from the start five different models are already included being three different ‘console style’ models plus one generic ‘tube stage’ and a ‘tape warmth’ saturation model.
It also introduces advanced DSP processing which is designed to have it applied across the entire mixing stage by featuring zero latency processing and further optimized assembler coding yielding a ~40% lower CPU footprint compared to its predecessor. Its very unique transient control appears further improved, vibrant 2nd order harmonic generation was added and better support for gainstaging is included now.
The plugin is available as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: Variety Of Sound / TesslaPRO mkII
Yuroun Sound Design has released YSD-pHATNER, a VST effect plug-in for Windows.
YSD-pHATNER is a mastering tool, a sound fattener/destroyer in one. It can be used on the master channel or on individual channels to fatten up a lead, bass or drum sound.
Yuroun’s pHATNER mastering limiter effect plugin.
- Brick wall limiter.
- Multi mode filter (with 18 filters and 2 effects).
- Saturator for tape style saturation.
- Main section with an overdrive, stereo widener, amp knob.
- parabolic saturator for extra fattness.
- route manipulation.
- preset manager.
The YSD-pHATNER plug-in for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR. A free version with limited features is available as well.
More information: Yuroun / YSD-pHATNER
LVC-Audio’s entry to the KVR Developer Challenge 2012 is Clip Shifter, a plugin designed to provide saturation and clipping effects to your audio.
This can be useful for individual tracks such as kick, snare, room mics, bass, etc.; on mix busses such as drums; and on overall mixes. The sonic characteristics of the clipping distortion can be altered from hard, brickwall-style clipping, to softer saturation with compression.
The threshold controls for Clip Shifter’s clipping dynamically responds to the transient characteristic of the incoming audio. Distortion/Saturation can be selectively applied to part of the audio signal.
Clip Shifter is available as a Windows 32-bit or 64-bit VST plugin.
More information: LVC-Audio
Variety Of Sound has introduced Thrillseeker XTC, a freeware exciter effect plugin, developed for the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
Thrillseeker XTC is a contemporary exciter build around a true parallel analog style equalizer design. Thrillseeker XTC is all about adding weight, vibe and attitude back to the sound. It delivers all the character of an analog signal path and provides what digital processing usually is hard pushed to, including a rich low-end experience and that vibrant ‘expensive’ top-end.
Thrillseeker XTC was made for musicians and engineers to pleasingly enhance audio during the mixing or mastering stage.
Thrillseeker XTC features
- Three parallel coupled equalizers containing three stateful saturators.
- Each based on a sophisticated non-linear and frequency dependent algorithm with memory.
- Pre-selected frequency ranges
- LOW band: 70-450Hz
- MID band: 0.8-5kHz
- AIR band: 3.2-18kHz
- Two flavors included with different internal gain-staging
- Black version to mix at rather conservative levels around -18dB RMS.
- Blue version to mix towards hotter target levels.
- Additional analog signal path idiosyncrasies modelled.
- Classic VU style metering as well as loudness unit measurements based on ITU-R BS.1770.
- Mix control for dry/wet mixing and output level control.
- Win32 / VST compatible plug-in with SSE2 assembler optimized signal path.
- Tested and known to work in many VST hosts as well as running jbridge wrapped in 64bit hosts.
The Thrillseeker XTC plugin for Windows (VST) is available from KVR Audio.
More information: Variety Of Sound / Thrillseeker XTC
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Sep 25, 2012
Native Instruments has announced the release of version 1.8 of its MASCHINE groove production studio software for Windows and Mac.
The free MASCHINE 1.8 update is now available. Workflow enhancements and new effects like TRANSIENT MASTER and time stretch add new flexibility to your MASCHINE projects.
And starting with MASCHINE 1.8, all MASCHINE owners also get the legendary MASSIVE for free, adding powerful synthesis to the premier groove production studio.
Changes in Maschine v1.8
- Time stretch and pitch shift capability: Stretch smoothly from one BPM to another, aided by the automatic BPM detection. Or stretch your audio to a specific length – to fit one sample to the same length as another, for example. What’s more, make your beats match harmonically, by tuning your samples with the pitch shift function.
- Transient Master: Dynamics and mixing effect fully integrated in the MASCHINE 1.8 software. Ideal for positioning drums and percussion, it lets you mix from front to back, giving each sample exactly the right amount of space.
- New Tube, Tape Saturator and Tube Saturator effects: Bring the secrets of analog warmth and natural, harmonic compression to MASCHINE, for even greater sound coloring potential.
- Host transport control: Running the MASCHINE software as a plug-in in your DAW*, use the transport buttons on the MASCHINE hardware to control transport in the host software. Important: Requires the latest version of the NI Controller Editor.
- New Browser sample preview mode: Easily scroll through the browser list and pre-hear samples without loading them.
- Revised select screen: Now includes individual note length and velocity editing.
- Auto-write pinning: Pin the Auto-Write button for improved automation recording – tweak with two hands!.
- New hardware shortcuts: Select and erase events quickly and easily.
- Panic button: Immediately cuts off all sound from MASCHINE.
- Improved missing sample handling: Now locates files per project – point the MASCHINE software to the location for one missing file, and it automatically resolves other related missing files.
- Sampler play position indicator: See the play marker in the sampler wave display – also shown in the hardware display.
- Save Group with samples: Now you have the option to save Group with samples.
The MASCHINE 1.8 update is now available from the Native Instruments Service Center. The software is compatible with all versions of MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO, including the new MK2 hardware. Registered MASCHINE users will get their free copy of MASSIVE by email.
More information: Native Instruments / MASCHINE
Voxengo has updated its VariSaturator audio effect plug-in designed to apply saturation and overdrive effects to audio material to version 1.10.
VariSaturator is an audio effect plug-in designed to apply saturation effects over audio material. It can be used both to boost the loudness of the audio tracks, and to apply subtle or strong harmonic coloration. VariSaturator features two saturation modules which are applied in sequence, in two-band mode each, and implements a wet/dry mix parameter thus offering a comprehensive control over saturation characteristic.
Voxengo’s VariSaturator injects character to your audio tracks.
Changes in VariSaturator v1.10
- Plug-in’s popup-windows now recover last position after reopening.
- The “Min Infrastructure” user interface display mode added.
- The “Flat Level Meters” level meter display mode added.
- Post-output gain “Sat” saturation switch added.
- Native 64-bit AudioUnit and VST support on Mac OS X added.
- Fixed user interface freezing on Mac OS X 10.8.
VariSaturator for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $49.95 USD.
Through August 2012, a 15% discount is applied as part of Voxengo’s Summer Sale.
More information: Voxengo / VariSaturator