Humanoid Sound Systems has released Scanned Synth Mini, a freeware synth featuring the same synthesis engine as the one used by Scanned Synth Pro.
The catch with Scanned Synth Mini is that it only allows new sounds to be programmed through randomisation. Each group of parameters can be randomised individually, but there is no direct access to the parameters themselves.
Scanned Synth Mini can load and save presets through the host application that are compatible with Scanned Synth Pro and vice versa. This means that Scanned Synth Mini can actually produce the full range of sounds that Scanned Synth Pro is capable of. Only the amount of control the user has over the sound is limited when compared to Scanned Synth Pro.
When you decide to upgrade to Scanned Synth Pro, you just install it and Mini will be replaced by Pro in all your tracks without you having to do anything.
Visit Humanoid Sound Systems for more information and a link to download Scanned Synth Mini v1.0.5.
Humanoid Sound Systems has released Scanned Synth Pro, the successor to Scanned Synth with many new features.
New features in Scanned Synth Pro
- The Psycho! Button: antisocial behaviour in a button
- A Polyphonic Filter with cutoff frequency modulation and pitch-tracking allowing the sound to be shaped naturally and untuitively as well as expanding the range of possible sounds even further
- An Echo effect
- Improved sound quality including making the distortion even more gorgeous
- Improved efficiency allowing you to run more synths and effects simultaneously
- A huge library of professionally designed factory preset sounds
- Randomisation profiles: presets that contain ideal settings (initial parameter values and randomisation amounts) to produce particular types of sound through randomisation, this enabling you to quickly generate a unique new bass or a dazzling special effect with just a few mouse clicks
Scanned Synth Pro for Windows is currently sold at an introductory price of 75 Euros (99 USD) until the beginning of July (after which it will cost 90 Euros). A Mac version of Scanned Synth Pro is planned.
A demo with the following limitations is available:
- The synth outputs five seconds of silence every twenty seconds
- The synth becomes silent after twenty minutes of use
- Programs cannot be saved
- Only a small selection of the preset sounds are available
Another synth featuring the same synthesis engine as the one used by Scanned Synth Pro is Scanned Synth Mini (freeware), which is due for release in July 2007. It only allows new sounds to be programmed through randomisation (no direct access to the parameters themselves).
Visit Humanoid Sound Systems for more information and a link to download the demo or listen to mp3 demos.