Rattly and Raw has announced the release of The CaSYNTHerette, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
TWO synths, one using waveforms from classic synthesisers sampled from a very rare, stable, full range cassette recorder with loads of character and the other using waveforms sampled using the dirty, noisy Cassamplerette recording mechanism.
Whilst the Cassamplerette was looped and single shot recordings of real instruments, the CasSYNTHerette is a fully functional synthesis instrument using waveforms from some classic synth oscillators recorded and looped onto different cassette tape systems.
The CaSYNTHerette features
- FOUR cassette tape-based waveform oscillator faders: Square, Triangle, PWM and Soft (a combination wave from a classic synth).
- Additional SUB oscillator fader!
- Tape cassette noise fader with stereo and tone controls.
- Individual waveform tuning via tape speed controls!
- Individual waveform pans.
- HP/LP Filter + lfo + envelope.
- Amplitude envelope.
- x2 custom convolution reverbs with tone control. One very rare cranky vintage spring verb and one old spacey hardware digital verb!
- Fully controllable delay.
- Two state distortion control with ‘soften’ control.
- Saturation control.
- LoFi (Bitcrush) control.
- Chorus and Flanger controls.
- Wonkiness control – magnify the cassette tape wobbliness!
- Switchable MONO/POLY.
- Loads of PRESETS!
The library is available to purchase for £20 GBP.
More information: Rattly and Raw / The CaSYNTHerette
Wavesfactory has announced the release of Old Tape Drums, a free drum kit recorded using a lo-fi cassette tape recorder, available to Wavesfactory Facebook friends.
6 velocity layers and 6 round robin per articulation. Custom animated GUI and custom script that gives you control over the volume and color of the noise from the tape itself, and over the speed and tune of the tape.
This is an exclusive freebie for Facebook friends, you only have to like us on Facebook and you’ll be able to download the library instantly.
The library is a free download at Wavesfactory’s Facebook page.
More information: Wavesfactory / Old Tape Drums
Samples From Mars has launched its TR 909 Samples Library, a collection of raw TR 909 samples reecorded to tape.
If you’re after raw, banging 909 samples, look no further. To finish off our Drum Machine Samples Collection we’ve taken a Roland TR 909 Drum Machine and recorded it through a legendary SSL 4000 G+ analog console to a mastering reel to reel 1/4″ tape machine.
After using various high end processing (almost exclusively analog), we edited every hit by hand, and arranged the best ones into corresponding folders, named simply and sorted chromatically for maximum ease of use.
TR 909 Samples Library features
- 332 24bit, royalty free TR 909 samples recorded through an SSL Console to tape.
- Every hit has been re-pitched extensively & arranged by tuning.
- 72 deep kick drums, ranging from clean to dirty, low to hi.
- 61 punchy & saturated snares.
- 199 additional Claps, Hi Hats, Toms, Rims, & more.
The sample pack costs $18 USD.
More information: Samples From Mars / TR 909 Samples Library
WOK has announced Tapebrake, a free tape stop effect plug-in for Windows.
Simple and easy Tapestop (Turntable-Stop) effect plugin for Windows. As simple as it can be. Available at the usual place as Win VST 32-bit.
Tapebrake for Windows (VST) is a free download from the WOK Facebook. It will also be available from the WOK website later.
More information: WOK / Tapebrake
Soniccouture has announced its Christmas Sale 2013, offering discounts on its virtual instrument libraries for a limited time.
Christmas Sale Now On!
Welcome to Soniccouture. We make virtual instruments that you can make music with.
From 16th to 31st December 2013 we are running two very special offers:
- Buy One Get One Free – AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECKOUT, NO CODE REQUIRED. No limit on purchases, cheapest items will be free.
- 40% OFF – ENTER CODE : FESTIVE40
The sale ends December 31st, 2013. Note: The 40% off code cancels out the BOGOF.
Soniccouture has also launched Tape Choir, a new exclusive content instrument.
Based around the laborious process used to create the vocal pad sound in 10cc’s I’m not in love, Tape Choir offers a similar ‘infinite choir’ sound. The Perfect partner to our CrowdChoir.
The Tape Choir virtual instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt features ‘Tape’ emulation controls – wow, noise, loops, speed, and detune.
Tape Choir features
- Kontakt, EXS, and Ableton Live formats.
- 368 takes by 3 Vocalists.
- 24bit 44.1khz sampling.
- KSP ‘Tape’ Controls.
- Sound Design Presets.
Tape Choir is available as a free download with any purchase at Soniccouture.
More information: Soniccouture
Noisefirm has released DigiTape Hybrid Drums, a library of drum sounds for Kontakt that combines the best advantages of digital and analog audio technology.
All of the library’s sounds were sculpted from digital oscillators and noise generators, and then processed and transformed with DSP. The samples were then printed through an analog tape recorder at variable levels of saturation to achieve an optimum level of harmonic distortion.
The end result is an unique library of kicks, snares, percussion and other textures that combine the creative flexibility of digital synthesis and DSP with the warmth of analog tape.
DigiTape Hybrid Drums features
- Over 300 samples of hybrid digital/analog drums, effects, and textures in 24-bit 48kHz Wavs.
- Kontakt instrument (full retail version 4.2 or later) with custom scripting and GUI.
- Uncompressed disk space needed: 150 MB.
- 11 Included Kontakt patches for convenient ready-to-use drum layouts.
- Custom interface includes:
- Low Pass Filter with resonance and cutoff controls.
- Variable BitCrusher with bitrate and sample rate controls.
- Reverb with room size and level controls.
- Sculpted with digital noise generators and oscillators.
- Samples printed through 1/4″ Studer analog tape recorder at various levels of saturation.
- Plug-n-Play samples are ready to drop into your sampler/drum machine of choice.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $19 USD.
More information: Noisefirm / DigiTape Hybrid Drums
HeadlessBuddha Samples has announced Tape DD-10, a free drum machine library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
HeadlessBuddha Samples Tape DD-10 sampled instrument for NI Kontakt.
‘What a cool old dirty drum machine!’– Me about the Yamaha DD-10 when I first saw it some years ago.
This is really a charming lo-fi low cost 8-bit drum machine released in 1988 aimed at the home market and I really love it. I’m writing in first person because I wanted to get really personal about this one. This is one of my all time favorites and it’s the sample pack I use the most when it comes to drum machines.
Tape DD-10 features
- 75 Samples (three round robins on each drum).
- 1 Kontakt instrument.
- 44.1kHz/24 bit .wav format.
- All recorded through tape.
- Bonus: 17 personal impulse responses to make your sound even more unique. One of them was even recorded through tape too.
The sample pack is a free download from the HeadlessBuddha Samples Facebook (no like required).
More information: HeadlessBuddha Samples / Tape DD-10