Bedroom Producers Blog has launched BPB Cassette 606, a free sample pack featuring the sounds of the Roland TR-606.
I am thrilled to announce the release of BPB Cassette 606, a free collection of Roland TR 606 analogue drum machine samples with an additional set of drum hits which have been recorded to and then re-sampled from an audio cassette.
BPB Cassette 606 features
- 128 audio samples in 24-bit WAV format.
- 72 clean Roland TR-606 one shot samples.
- 56 tape processed Roland TR-606 one shot samples.
- 3 Poise drum kits (DKT format).
- Demo track (320 kbps MP3).
The pack is a free download at BPB.
More information: Bedroom Producers Blog / BPB Cassette 606
Waves has introduced Reel ADT, an artificial double tracking effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Waves/Abbey Road Reel ADT is the first plugin to successfully emulate Abbey Road Studios’ pioneering process of Artificial Double Tracking.
The effect that became an integral part of Abbey Road’s signature sound was initially created at the famed studios in the 1960s to meet the needs of some very special clients: The Beatles.
All the character, depth and panoramic sound of this inimitable classic effect can now be created digitally, simply and for real: Reel ADT.
Reel ADT features
- Developed in association with Abbey Road Studios.
- Genuine tape-sounding ADT plugin.
- For the first time ever, a full exact recall automation of the ADT effect.
- Different tape sounds for source and ADT signals.
- Exclusive 2-voice component.
- Separate drive control for each path.
- Manual and automatic control MIDI-assignable manual control for the most authentic user experience possible.
Reel ADT is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD for Native (regular $200 USD) / $300 USD for Soundgrid.
More information: Waves / Reel ADT
Drum Broker has announced Weiss Drums: The Maio Collection, a sample pack featuring a collection of drum samples by Mathew Weiss.
The Drum Broker has teamed up with another dope sound designer & engineer to bring you another top notch drum collection from Matthew Weiss, ‘The Maio Collection’.
“Growing up on 90s Hip-Hop, I fell in love with the texture and character of drums that were chopped from breaks and programmed in vintage samplers. But around the late 90s, early 2000s, synthetic drums became the popular sound: cleaner, crisper, harder-hitting.
My goal is to reinvent the sound that I remember in a new way and make natural acoustic drums sound as unique and crisp as synthetic drums.” – Mathew Weiss
Weiss Drums: The Maio Collection features
- Over 150 unique drum sounds were carefully crafted from a selection of over a thousand acoustic one shots.
- Includes 31 snares, 29 kicks, 46 cymbals, 44 hi-hats, 9 percussion, and 4 toms.
- Professionally recorded through a vintage API Console into a Studer A820 tape machine at 15ips.
- Meticulously processed using a combination of studio staples and gear designed by Matt to give these drums their unique sound.
- .WAV — 24-Bit/44 kHz format.
The sample pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Weiss Drums: The Maio Collection
Wavesfactory has updated Old Tape Piano, a sample library featuring a grand piano recorded in mono using a low quality cassette recorder.
8 velocity layers, custom animated GUI and custom script that gives you control over the volume and color of the noise from the tape itself, and over the speed and tune of the tape.
This library was first released on January 2012 with no GUI and no script available. This free update gives you more control and more fun over this special and addictive instrument.
Old Tape Piano features
- WAV files, 44.1KHz 24bit.
- 88 keys.
- Lo-fi cassette recorder.
- 8 velocity layers.
- Custom GUI.
- Noise volume and color.
- Tape speed and tune.
The library is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR.
More information: Wavesfactory / Old Tape Piano
Rattly and Raw has announced the release of The CaSYNTHerette, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
TWO synths, one using waveforms from classic synthesisers sampled from a very rare, stable, full range cassette recorder with loads of character and the other using waveforms sampled using the dirty, noisy Cassamplerette recording mechanism.
Whilst the Cassamplerette was looped and single shot recordings of real instruments, the CasSYNTHerette is a fully functional synthesis instrument using waveforms from some classic synth oscillators recorded and looped onto different cassette tape systems.
The CaSYNTHerette features
- FOUR cassette tape-based waveform oscillator faders: Square, Triangle, PWM and Soft (a combination wave from a classic synth).
- Additional SUB oscillator fader!
- Tape cassette noise fader with stereo and tone controls.
- Individual waveform tuning via tape speed controls!
- Individual waveform pans.
- HP/LP Filter + lfo + envelope.
- Amplitude envelope.
- x2 custom convolution reverbs with tone control. One very rare cranky vintage spring verb and one old spacey hardware digital verb!
- Fully controllable delay.
- Two state distortion control with ‘soften’ control.
- Saturation control.
- LoFi (Bitcrush) control.
- Chorus and Flanger controls.
- Wonkiness control – magnify the cassette tape wobbliness!
- Switchable MONO/POLY.
- Loads of PRESETS!
The library is available to purchase for £20 GBP.
More information: Rattly and Raw / The CaSYNTHerette
Wavesfactory has announced the release of Old Tape Drums, a free drum kit recorded using a lo-fi cassette tape recorder, available to Wavesfactory Facebook friends.
6 velocity layers and 6 round robin per articulation. Custom animated GUI and custom script that gives you control over the volume and color of the noise from the tape itself, and over the speed and tune of the tape.
This is an exclusive freebie for Facebook friends, you only have to like us on Facebook and you’ll be able to download the library instantly.
The library is a free download at Wavesfactory’s Facebook page.
More information: Wavesfactory / Old Tape Drums
Samples From Mars has launched its TR 909 Samples Library, a collection of raw TR 909 samples reecorded to tape.
If you’re after raw, banging 909 samples, look no further. To finish off our Drum Machine Samples Collection we’ve taken a Roland TR 909 Drum Machine and recorded it through a legendary SSL 4000 G+ analog console to a mastering reel to reel 1/4″ tape machine.
After using various high end processing (almost exclusively analog), we edited every hit by hand, and arranged the best ones into corresponding folders, named simply and sorted chromatically for maximum ease of use.
TR 909 Samples Library features
- 332 24bit, royalty free TR 909 samples recorded through an SSL Console to tape.
- Every hit has been re-pitched extensively & arranged by tuning.
- 72 deep kick drums, ranging from clean to dirty, low to hi.
- 61 punchy & saturated snares.
- 199 additional Claps, Hi Hats, Toms, Rims, & more.
The sample pack costs $18 USD.
More information: Samples From Mars / TR 909 Samples Library