The Drum Broker has launched The Drums, a limited edition beat tape compilation by !.B.F.K.W.
!.B.F.K.W. (!llmind Beats For Kanye West) is a FREE “beat-tape” compilation containing beats that !llmind created during the era of Kanye West’s “Cruel Summer” album in 2012.
For ONE DAY ONLY (11/29 Black Friday), !llmind will release all of the drums used on this critically-acclaimed compilation, for your own personal use, completely royalty-free.
!.B.F.K.W. “The Drums” features
- 76 drum sounds (kicks, snares, hi-hats & more) in WAV format.
- All drum sounds were sampled into an Ensoniq ASR-10 AND Akai S-20 at 33khz/12-bit for maximum warmth + punch!
- NO reverb or delays added make layering easy and more flexible.
- NO compression or saturation/flat “pancake” sounds.
- All drum sounds were hand-picked, created, stripped, and taken straight from the drums used in the critically acclaimed !BFKW (!llmind Beats For Kanye West) EP!
- All drums are completely Royalty-Free.
- Includes exclusive Kanye West themed artwork by Naturel.
The pack is available to purchase for $24.99 USD, on November 29th only. The release is limited to 100 copies.
The Drum Broker has also launched a Black Friday Sale, offering a 50% discount on all its drumkits, breaks and samples. Use promo code BLACKFRIDAY at checkout.
More information: Drum Broker / !.B.F.K.W. The Drums
Psychic Modulation has released version 1.4 of its Phonec synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Phonec is best described as an ‘analog flux synthesizer’. Inspired by the mystique of video logo synth scores from worn out VHS tapes, Phonec was primarily designed with character in mind.
However Phonec is capable of producing a wide range of sounds such as vintage analogue tones, lo-fi synthscapes, ethereal pads, minimal techno sequences, and synthwave leads and basses.
Changes in Phonec v1.4
- Overall sound improvements.
- New Pulse Width oscillator modes.
- Added new switch for retriggering the oscillator phase on each note; produces a much more solid sound; excellent for outrun style basslines.
- New LFO & envelope targets: Filter attack/decay & pulse width.
- Added invert switches to mod envelopes.
- Sub Oscillator can now switch to square wave; produces a much fatter sound than sine.
Phonec for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $39 USD.
More information: Psychic Modulation / Phonec
u-he has released a new public beta version of the Satin tape machine effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Here’s a new version of Satin 1.1.1 (might become Satin 1.2):
Satin rev 2033 Win
Satin rev 2033 Mac
Apart from the good points we had in build 1973 (faster loading, less RAM, less CPU/denormals etc. etc.) this one
- fixes possible crash bug in VST3 (Wavelab)
- fixes possible crash bug in Group Controller
- fixes problem with hosts picky about channel layouts
- more fixes of little issues and niggles
Visit the u-he forum at KVR Audio for more details and make sure to let the u-he team know if you experience any issues.
More information: u-he / Satin
Cakewalk has announced that a purchase of SONAR X3 Studio or Producer through November 30, 2013, comes with a free Delay effect module for ProChannel from Overloud.
Overloud VKFX (Vintage Keyboard FX) is a virtual rack packed with outstanding models of vintage analog effect processors. All 8 VST / ProChannel Modules are available individually and also included in the VKFX bundle.
The FREE VKFX Delay module harkens back to the days of tape echo. The original tape echo effect was created by recording an input signal to tape via a tape head and then replaying that signal through another tape head. By placing several heads at different distances along the tape path, they were also able to create different syncopations of delay depending on which heads were monitored.
One feature of tape delays which was lost in the digital move forward was the effect on the sound of the tape itself. In tape delays, the signal is delayed by keeping it on the magnetic tape for a time. For every repetition of the delay, the signal is recorded to and played back from the tape. The more repetitions, the more intense is the effect of the tape on the sound.
The VKFX delay utilises an intelligent tape simulation algorithm which reproduces both the compression effects and frequency response of analogue tape for each repetition of the delayed signal.
All customers who have purchased and registered SONAR X3 Studio and Producer qualify for the free download.
More information: Cakewalk
u-he has released public beta revision 1973 of its Satin tape machine effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Users familiar with analogue recording gear should instantly feel at home with Satin, and digital afficionados will also learn to love the magic of tape – Satin invites you to explore and find out for yourself.
Changes in Satin rev1973
- Ultra-fast gui loading (we hope).
- Denormals fixed on AAX.
- Fixed CPU spikes on playback start.
- Fixed too much RAM use.
- No more excessive dynamic latency reporting.
- Shift-mousewheel works on AU as well now.
The public beta is available to download for Windows and Mac from the u-he forum at KVR Audio.
More information: u-he / Satin
, Abbey Road
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 15, 2013 - 0 comments
Waves and Abbey Road Studios have launched the J37 tape saturation plugin, a precision model of the very machine used to record many of the greatest masterpieces in modern music.
With a variety of user-adjustable controls including Tape Speed, Bias, Noise, Saturation, Wow and Flutter, the Waves: Abbey Road J37 faithfully recreates the inimitable sonic signature of the original machine. In addition to the J37 itself, three exclusive oxide tape formulas have been modeled.
Specially developed by EMI during the ‘60s and ‘70s, each formula has its own unique frequency response and harmonic distortion behavior. In order to push the envelope even further, a comprehensive Tape Delay unit has been added to complement those warm tones.
The Waves: Abbey Road J37 tape emulation plugin will bring stunning analog warmth to your digital recordings, delivering a level of hardware realism never before experienced “in the box.”
Abbey Road J37 features
- Tape saturation plugin.
- Created in association with Abbey Road Studios.
- Modeled on the machine used to create countless classic ’60s tracks.
- Includes models of three exclusive tape formulas developed by EMI.
- Adds analog warmth to digital recordings.
- Controls for Bias, Wow, Flutter, Tape Speed and more.
- Comprehensive Tape Delay including three different delay types, Sync, LP and HP filter controls and more.
The J37 plug-in is available to purchase for the introductory price of $149 USD (Native) / $249 USD (Soundgrid).
More information: Waves / J37 Tape
The Drum Broker has announced Minty Drums Vol. 2, a collection of drum and percussion samples.
Fresh beats need fresh drums! Enter, Minty Drums Drums Vol. 2, the follow up to the wildly popular Minty Drums & Percussion drum kit, another all new installment of must have drum samples for your production arsenal.
Minty Drums Vol. 2 features 238 live & original drum samples processed through a variety of outboard analog equipment including: SSL Preamp, Manly Preamps, Studer 2″ tape machine
Drum Samples come as crispy 24-Bit Samples with plenty of Analog Flavor.
The sample pack costs $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Minty Drums Vol. 2
Samples From Mars has announced the release of the TR 808 Samples Library, a collection of 493 samples from the Roland TR-808 drum machine, recorded through an SSL 4000 G+ console.
We are in love with the Roland TR-808 and all of the genres it has created and inspired (Electro -> Hip Hop – > Boogie -> House -> Techno -> Trap -> Pop). And although the (world’s most popular?) drum machine has been sampled many times, as collectors of 808 samples for over 10 years, we believe we have succeeded in creating a truly unique 808 sample pack.
If you are like us and already own 10+ different 808 libraries, we are confident you will still find yourself reaching for this 808 kit again and again, because we’ve used different gear and artistic judgement to create the sounds in our own style.
TR 808 Samples Library features
- Over 450 professional quality, punchy and clear TR 808 samples.
- Recorded with classic, vintage analog gear and re-pitched on tape.
- Instant Download.
The sample pack costs $18 USD.
More information: Samples From Mars / TR 808 Samples Library