MOTU has announced it is now shipping Windows 7- and 8-compatible USB 2.0 ASIO and Wave drivers for their new line of AVB-equipped audio interface products, including the 1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai, 24Ao and Monitor 8.
Users can connect their MOTU interface to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on their PC for multi-channel audio I/O with any ASIO- or Wave-compatible host software.
“We’re excited that Windows users can now take full advantage of MOTU’s groundbreaking deployment of AVB audio interface technology in these award-winning products,” said Jim Cooper, Director of Marketing at MOTU.
The Windows driver installer is now available as a free download to all MOTU AVB interface owners at motu.com/avb, where a free download of MOTU’s AudioDesk 4 workstation software for Windows is also available.
Concurrent with the Windows driver release is another “one-click” field-upgradable firmware update for all MOTU AVB audio interfaces that introduces several enhancements, including optional stereo TOSLink (optical S/PDIF) support for MOTU’s 1248, 8M and 16A models.
More information: MOTU / AVB audio interfaces
Steinberg has announced the UR12, its latest USB 2.0 audio interface, featuring 192 kHz audio quality, class compliant support for the iPad alongside a microphone input with D-PRE preamplifier, one high-impedance line input plus line outputs.
The front side of the UR12 interface comprises one Neutrik XLR connector for microphones, and a high-impedance jack input, each with gain control and peak indicator. The panel also includes a headphones output, a master output volume control together with a direct monitor switch for zero-latency monitoring of the input signal. The rear panel features the analog RCA outputs, one USB 2.0 port and one mini USB port for connecting an optional USB power adapter plus a +48 V phantom power switch on channel 1 and power source selector for both USB ports.
The UR12 guarantees pristine sonic fidelity due to the studio-grade converters that feature a maximum sample rate of 192 kHz and 24-bit resolution alongside the built-in discrete Class-A analog D-PRE microphone preamplifier by Yamaha.
Freely available as download to all UR12 customers, Cubase AI provides a comprehensive set of tools for recording, mixing and editing audio. The UR12 is compatible with other major recording software applications, supports the iPad in class-compliant mode and includes drivers for Windows and OS X systems.
Product marketing manager for hardware, Stefan Schreiber, commented: “Together with Yamaha, we’ve come up with an extremely affordable interface that boasts an impressive feature set. If one adds its portable size, the all-metal casing and superb audio quality to the bill it’s clear that the UR12 is the first choice for mobile setups and small-spaced recording studios.”
The UR12 audio interface will be shipping in January 2015, priced at MSRP 119 EUR, including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / UR12
Future Loops has announced the release of Total Producer 5, a limited edition collection of all their entire catalog which is available at a huge discount for a short period of time.
Total Producer 5 includes 205 sample packs and has over 350.000 sounds (over 336 GB of content).
Future Loops is shipping Total Producer 5 worldwide for free in a 500 GB portable USB 3.0 external hard drive.
The bundle is available for purchase for 982.08 EUR (83% off regular).
More information: Future Loops / Total Producer 5
MOTU has announced it is now shipping Monitor 8, a monitor mixer, headphone amp, and audio interface.
Monitor 8 is a 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amplifier and USB/AVB audio interface with console-style 48-channel mixing and DSP effects. With exceptional analog audio quality based on the award-winning design of MOTU’s groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A AVB interfaces, Monitor 8 can serve as a primary audio interface and monitor mixer in the studio, as a complete monitoring solution for live performance, or as a dedicated monitoring component of a MOTU AVB audio network system.
“Monitor 8 is a one-stop solution for high-quality stereo monitoring through speakers, headphones, and in-ear systems,” said Jim Cooper, Director of Marketing at MOTU. “With large console-style mixing and Wi-Fi control, Monitor 8 is equally well suited for both studio operation and live performance situations.”
Monitor 8 features
- Three products in one — 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amp and USB/AVB audio interface.
- Superb audio quality — Employs the same award-winning analog design as MOTU’s groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces.
- 24 inputs and 8 stereo bus outputs — Mix 24 physical inputs, multi-channel computer audio, and 32 AVB audio network channels to eight stereo bus outputs (Main, Aux, and monitor groups A thru F). Inputs include 8 channels of balanced (TRS) analog and 16 channels (2 banks) of ADAT optical.
- Six monitor groups with flexible outputs — Each group provides multiple mirrored outputs, including 2x 1/4-inch phones (front and rear panel), summed 1/4-inch mono out for stage monitors, and, for groups A-D, balanced stereo 1/4-inch outs.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to a computer with standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
- System expansion — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai or 24Ao) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- AVB audio networking — Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting — Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the Monitor 8 with a standard Ethernet cable and control the Monitor 8’s powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live show monitor mixing.
- AudioDesk 4.0 — Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
Monitor 8 is available for purchase for $995 USD.
More information: MOTU / Monitor 8
Audiomodern has announced its Everything Bundle, a collection of all Audiomodern products on a 16GB USB stick.
We proudly offer our new custom USB sticks preloaded with our entire collection in a Special holiday sale price -25%
Each stick is a deluxe 16 GB USB drive in a metal box.
The Everything Bundle is on sale for 89 EUR until December 25th, 2014 (regular 119 EUR).
More information: Audiomodern / Everything Bundle
More posts that match this tag
Native Instruments has announced a limited-time holiday special on its Traktor Kontrol Z2, a hybrid DJ control mixer designed for Traktor Pro 2 software. TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 unites analog and digital DJing technology with two … read more
Outbound link: Native Instruments
/ Traktor Kontrol Z2
– Related: controller
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Dec 04, 2014 - 0 comments
Zerodebug has announced the release of touchAble 3, the new version of its dedicated Ableton Live controller app for iPad. After being completely redesigned from the ground up last year for the release of its … read more
Outbound link: touchAble
– Related: Ableton
Posted in news
on Dec 03, 2014 - 0 comments
Arturia has announced that it will release a next-generation audio interface in 2015. Arturia President Frédéric Brun bowled over an audience of invited industry insiders and VIP guests when making the astounding announcement during his … read more
Sound Magic has announced Serenade Workstation, a complete package comprising the Serenade 384KHz USB2.0 Audio Interface, a Digital Audio Workstation, a DSD/DXD Effect Plugin Bundle and a DSD&PCM Bi-directional Converter Software. Back in 1999, The … read more
Williams has announced the release of Legato, a low-priced full-size digital piano. Williams Legato features 88 semi-weighted keys and five classic sounds: piano, electric piano, organ, synth, and bass. Designed for beginning to intermediate keyboardists, … read more
Alesis has announced that its new V and VI series USB/MIDI keyboard controllers are now available. Models in the V Series include the V25, the V49, and the V61. The VI Series models are the … read more
Nektar has announced the availability of its Impact iX 49 and iX 61 controller keyboards with DAW Control and comfortable iPad connectivity, including Presonus Studio One Artist. Nektar products are synonymous with DAW integration and … read more
Rob O’Reilly has launched a Kickstarter project for Expressiv, a plug and play MIDI guitar system that brings electronic sounds to real guitar in a whole new way. Existing MIDI systems for real guitars track … read more
M-Audio has announced it has upgrades to its M-Track series audio interfaces. The M-Track and M-Track Plus now feature a rugged all-metal chassis and studio–quality audio performance, and an expanded software suite is included with … read more
TASCAM has announced the US-16×08, a 16-in/8-out USB audio/MIDI interface with advanced features to manage big sessions. Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps deliver the cleanest and quietest specifications in their class while delivering up to 56dB … read more
M-Audio announced the availability of its newly updated Oxygen Series MIDI keyboard controller line. The Oxygen series expand on playability and include a wide array of sounds with two virtual instruments for players, songwriters, and … read more
Native Instruments has announced the release of the Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards, and the latest generation of Komplete and Komplete Ultimate software bundles. The S-Series keyboards and accompanying KOMPLETE KONTROL software unite all KOMPLETE Instruments … read more
Outbound link: Native Instruments
– Related: controller
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
, Native Instruments
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Oct 01, 2014 - 0 comments
IK Multimedia has announced it is now shipping iRig Pads, a MIDI groove controller for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Windows and Mac. Introducing iRig Pads, a full-featured ultra-portable 16-pad MIDI groove controller for iPhone, iPad … read more
TASCAM has introduced the US-2×2 and US-4×4, two new USB audio/MIDI interfaces that combine great-sounding audio, solid drivers and innovative, functional design. The US-2×2 is a 2-in/2-out USB interface, bus powered from your Mac or … read more
Numark has introduced the NDX500, a USB/CD media player and software controller. Combining comprehensive standalone functionality with deep hardware and software integration, NDX500 is capable of playing and mixing music from virtually any digital audio … read more