Steinberg has released version 3.5 of HALion, a virtual sampler instrument for Windows and Mac.
The update adds native support for 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, as well as a new Factory Content sound bank consisting of 128 new electronic instruments and drum kits.
Adding compatibility to 64-bit Vista, HALion 3.5 can now address vast amounts of memory, allowing many more additional instruments to be loaded simultaneously.
Changes in HALion v3.5
- HALion 3.5 is available as a native 64-bit plug-in and should work in any VST 2.4 compatible native 64-bit sequencer, like Cubase 5 or Cubase Studio 5. The dramatically enhanced memory address space gives new possibilities for really large setups and very detailed sampled instruments.
- New HALion 3 Factory 5 Content bank with 128 brand new sounds available.
- New entry available in the file menu: “Save as default Bank” allowing to save the current bank as default bank.
- New “Choose External Audio Editor” option in the global context menu to choose an external audio editor (like Wavelab or Sound Forge).
- Improved resampling algorithm quality.
- Preload time settable as global default by clicking on the apply button with Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (OS X) pressed.
- Changes in the disk-streaming engine: under specific circumstances HALion 3.5 features more reliable play back of disk streamed voices.
The update is now available for download for all HALion 3 customers.
Visit Steinberg for more information.
Roland has announced the availability of 64-bit drivers for Windows Vista for the Fantom-G Series workstations, V-Synth GT elastic audio synthesizer, and SonicCell synthesizer module. “The evolution of 64-bit processing technology empowers musicians with faster … read more
Steinberg has announced version 3.5 of HALion, a new update to its award-winning HALion 3 virtual sampler VST instrument, now featuring support for 64-bit editions of Windows Vista. “Because it adds compatibility to 64-bit Vista, … read more
Some interesting things I found on July 3rd, 2008: # SuNSyNtH – DIY synth based on voice changer chip. Flame+Sun+DoD(MoD) 32 switches, 12 knobs, 16 LED’s, and 2 joysticks From the website: This small box … read more
Related: Animal Style
, online service
, operating systems
, random posts
Posted in random posts
on Jul 03, 2008 - 0 comments
Digidesign has announced version 7.4 of Pro Tools. Pro Tools 7.4 introduces the time-manipulating power of Elastic Time, and adds increased support for Avid® video and shared storage solutions. Digidesign Pro Tools 7.4 Elastic Time … read more
Microsoft has included XAudio 2 in the August 2007 Direct3D 10.1 Tech Preview. MSDN DirectX downloads – the latest SDK includes XAudio beta From the SDK page: The August release includes Beta 1 of XAudio … read more
Do you ever Google for error messages shown in Windows error message boxes? Then you probably know you usually get the best results when typing as much of the exact error message as possbile. Now … read more
Microsoft’s latest operating system Windows Vista has launched, so are we ready to switch from our trusty XP? Introducing Windows Vista: Easier, Safer, More and Better! Isn’t it? Whenever a new operating system comes out … read more