XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS DeeS, a new transparent de-esser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With the help of the XILS DeeS you can get rid of all the Voice recordings faults and problems in a flash, while preserving their unique, precious character.
Getting clean, professional vocals, dubbing recordings, restoring voices in all their beauty has never been so easy.
- Easy to use: Find the sweet spot in a flash and remove all unwanted signals. Just move the Frequency Knob and apply Reduction. No more sibilance.
- Easy to understand: Clear Dual Signal path. Solo buttons for each channel (Voice, Sibilants).
- Visualize what you do: Instant Correlation between ears, eye and brain in a glance with the fast, precise 4 signals real time Frequency Graph (Bottom of unit).
- Easy to tweak: Go further and adapt the character of a voice to your project. Or make special effects and creative use of the DeeS.
- Entirely Transparent: No filter sweep effect like with traditional similar tools.
- Fast: The detection can be applied as fast as it should be, resulting in lively, natural voices (No more lifeless voices).
- Input independent detection: Retains the whole dynamic range of the incoming audio.
- Simple: Sibilant and Voice Channels are clearly identified on each UI part: Knobs, Graphs share common color code.
- Exclusive: Plosive detection for better recognition.
- Then go even further: Endless possibilities to change, adapt, or polish the character of voices with two independent EQing audio paths (Analog like 0-delay-feedback filters).
XILS DeeS for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of 59 EUR until September 1st, 2014 (regular 89 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / XILS DeeS
Plugin Boutique has released version 1.5.0 of BigKick, a kick drum instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It’s got the same great kick drums, but with more creative options, bug fixes and better performance. And with a clearer GUI.
Changes in KickDrum v1.5.0
- You can play the pitch of the kick drum with your MIDI keyboard.
- Vastly extended hold and decay times and a great new envelope shape for those really long kicks and booms.
- Drag and drop import for attack samples. Drag sounds straight from your track into onto the Load Sample button – it’s very quick and easy!
- New (much warmer) distortion and waveforms for more creative and aggressive sounds.
- Hyper-clean trance drum kicks with the new tough kick drum model.
- Massively improved preset handling, including folder creation, renaming, easier preset browsing, preset-pack creation tools and much more.
- Presets sit right in the mix more quickly with the new built in EQ. Or, if you want, leap out and smack you in the face with the punch control.
BigKick for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for £39.95 GBP.
More information: Plugin Boutique / BigKick
discoDSP has released version 6.4.1 of Discovery Pro, a virtual synthesizer instrument for
Changes in Discovery Pro v6.4.1
- Double clicking a knob resets to original position.
- Mod amount now refects mouse values and OCT range correctly.
- Drop down menu from KeySplit hides after switching presets if it’s displayed.
- Enhanced LCD fonts.
- Filter Attack MIDI CC changed to 38 (like NL2) on all platforms. 89 remains for FL Studio due compatibility issues.
Discovery Pro is available for purchase for $199 USD / 149 EUR. The update is free for 6.x customers.
More information: discoDSP / Discovery Pro
Voxengo has announced the release of EBusLim, a brickwall peak limiter and loudness maximization plug-in for Windows and Mac.
EBusLim is a brickwall peak limiter and loudness maximization plug-in for professional music production applications. EBusLim implements a single EL-4-based limiter mode originally designed in Elephant mastering limiter plug-in. This mode is suitable for bus, drum bus, master bus and track processing. The design idea behind EBusLim is to produce an extremely easy-to-use yet effective limiter.
Since EBusLim only features a single processing mode the processing latency was reduced down to 0.5 milliseconds permitting the use of this limiter as master bus overload protector for both stereo and multi-channel applications.
- Elephant-quality limiter mode
- Extreme ease of use
- Stereo and multi-channel processing
- 64-bit floating point processing
- All sample rates support
- 0.5 ms compensated processing latency
EBusLim for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for
More information: Voxengo / EBusLim
Glitchmachines has released version 1.1 of Fracture, the free buffer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Fracture features a buffer effect, a multimode filter, three LFOs and a delay. This plugin is geared toward adding glitchy articulations and abstract textures to your projects. Use it on anything from drums and percussion to synth lines and sound effects. Fracture’s intuitive interface and diverse features make it simple to give your projects a unique technical edge.
Changes in Fracture v1.1
- New: Panic button to clean delay lines.
- New: improved user interface.
- Fixed: some controls would not properly reflect the current parameter value.
- Fixed: better automation behavior.
Fracture for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is a free download from Glitchmachines.
More information: Glitchmachines / Fracture
HoRNet has announced the release of Sybilla Pro, an advanced version of the Sybilla de-esser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Sybilla Pro is a multi filter de-esser, unlike other traditional de-essers Sybilla Pro has 8 different tunable filters to effectively find the offending sibilance and feed the compressor that will reduce it.
Sybilla Pro is a wideband de-esser, the compressor stage is driven by the sum of the output of the active filters above the threshold so that if the sibilance moves in frequency Sybilla Pro can follow it and never miss it.
Sybilla Pro features
- Intelligent relative threshold.
- Eight filters for sibilance detection.
- Adjustable frequency and level for each filter.
- Switch to turn on and off each filter.
- Key listen for the entire filter bank and each of the filters.
- Meters for each filter.
- Instantaneous gain reduction meter with peak hold.
- Two different compression modes.
- Attack and release setting for the compressor stage
- Dry/wet knob.
Sybilla for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available for purchase for 21.99 EUR. An upgrade path is available for owners of Sybilla.
More information: HoRNet PlugIns / Sybilla Pro
reKon audio has released VST-AU Blofeld Editor, a software editor for the Waldorf Blofeld keyboard and desktop model synthesizers.
VST-AU Blofeld Editor is a real-time MIDI synth editor for Mac OS X and Windows that allows the user full control of every Parameter, Program, Bank, Multi Program, and Multi Bank on the Waldorf Blofeld keyboard and desktop model synthesizers.
It is also a full librarian tool that allows you to view and manage all the patch and bank data on modern computing platforms and applications, in smart and efficient ways. Load and save all data as native .syx files. All settings are remembered in the DAW host project on recall.
The editor is available for purchase for $79.95 USD.
More information: reKon audio / VST-AU Blofeld Editor
Admiral Quality has released version 1.20 beta 1 of Poly-Ana, the virtual analog synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
We’ve finally got OSX 64 bit support in both Poly-Ana and SCAMP, as well as a new, key-file based copy protection system (so customers won’t have to ask us for new or additional keys anymore). As so much has changed in these products in order to support the new platforms, we’ve put both BACK TO BETA to make sure they get well tested.
As we always do, during the BETA period our products are on sale for HALF PRICE! Our flagship “virtual analog” synth plug-in, Poly-Ana, is currently a mere $89.98 USD, her preset player little sister, L’il Poly-Ana is $47.98 USD, and the analog modeled, envelope following filter effect that started it all, SCAMP, is only $34.97 USD. Regular prices will resume after the 1.20 BETA period, but we don’t know how long the BETAs will run for, so you’ll want to try these products as soon as you can so you don’t miss your chance at these rare deals.
Poly-Ana is available for purchase for $89.98 USD during the beta period.
More information: Admiral Quality / Poly-Ana