Synthblitz Audio has released version 1.2 of its VA RAXS multi-effect mastering rack plug-in for Windows.
VA RAXS is now equipped with its own saturators that allow the rack to operate in several modes, including one dedicated to the emulation of analog circuits.
Changes in VA RAXS v1.2
- New dB module processor (check dBfs and RMS for each module and for outputs).
- New features for sub (Q control and more).
- New feature cut-frequency for incoming signal (cut from 1 hZ up to 40 hZ).
- New switch Mono/Bypass for test (in the amplifier).
- 3 mode for processing incoming signal (bypass saturators, internal saturators and analog emulator).
- New shourtcuts and mouse double click – right click.
- New feature “after output compensation” (up to -1.5dBfs).
- New parameters for gain input and gain output.
- New internal saturators.
- New algorithm for va mode (circuit emulator).
- New flash alerts for output over the zero db (Show dB saturating and more).
- Show dBfs and RMS for each module (also RMS percentage in/out).
- Improved refresh for VU METER coil.
- Fixed error frequency eq 10k and 8 k and “Q” resonance problem.
- Changed parameters for eq (from +/-24 to +/-12dB, more usefull for mastering).
- Fixed preset parameters (resolve more error when save reverb eq and others in project).
- New Presets (up to 28 presets).
- Fixed “rename” in preset manager.
- Add new visual features in plasma emulator (amplifier).
- New parameter for predelay in reverb.
- Add post-delay for each channel in reverb.
- New Limiter settings, now double position switch (-0.1dBFS and -1dBFS).
- Modified limiter “speed control” now works with attack (more bass and RMS).
- Improved “fast mode” compressor.
VA RAXS for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 39 EUR.
More information: SynthBlitz Audio / VA RAXS
Saltline has announced the release of Korzenie kick, the first in a new series of plug-ins aimed at recreating classic drum machine sounds.
Korzenie kick is aimed at creating classic electronic kick drum sounds. It can also be used to create other sounds including subs and basses as well as effects.
Kick features 3 layers, body, mid and FM/noise. Each layer has it’s own pitch and volume envelopes with several curve options giving a great degree of flexibility and control over the sounds attack and decay.
A decent sized preset bank is included with kick containing patches from System D.F.L and Hinton & Fairchild.
Korzenie kick is available to download for Windows (VST). Donations are appreciated.
More information: Saltline / Korzenie kick
iZotope has released Ozone 6, the latest version of the creative mastering suite for Windows and Mac.
Elevate a good-sounding mix to a professional-sounding master with Ozone. iZotope’s critically acclaimed mastering software has all the tools you need to produce a full and polished sound.
With a striking new interface and a modern workflow, Ozone 6 both guides and inspires your creativity at every step.
The Advanced version of Ozone 6 includes a powerful new Dynamic EQ that lives and breathes with your music, as well as eight component plug-ins and a suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone 6
- New Analog Hardware-modeled EQ filter shapes — Harness the sonic characteristics of classic EQ designs with new filter shapes including Baxandall Bass and Treble filters and API-style Proportional Q filters. Also new to Ozone 6 are Band Shelf filters and Resonant High and Low shelves.
- Surgical Mode — All digital linear-phase filters are now matched to analog shapes; however, Surgical Mode allows you to utilize the precision of digital shapes for extreme cuts with minimum slope.
- Variable EQ Phase Control — Digital linear-phase filters now feature per-node variable phase control for subtly adding phase delay to smooth out boosts that may sound harsh.
- Seamless Bypass — Audition changes to your audio by gain-matching bypassed audio to your Ozone-processed signal for faster and more accurate A/B testing.
- Customizable Signal Chain — Host your third-party VST/AU plug-ins in the standalone application. Then build your mastering signal chain from scratch or load a preset and add, remove, and swap the order of modules.
- Module Gain Meters — Monitor gain-staging across processing modules with Module Gain Meters that instantly illustrate where you’re boosting and cutting gain across your signal chain.
- Transient Emphasis — Preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness with Transient Emphasis, which adds smart emphasis to transients by preserving sharp attacks.
- Diode and Dual Triode Exciter Modes — Modeled after actual hardware circuitry, these Exciter modes offer vintage saturation from subtle warmth to more pronounced edge.
- Stereoize Control — Add width to narrow or mono recordings without introducing phase artifacts.
- Variable Knee Compression — Get precise control over compression characteristics by choosing between hard and soft compression.
- Dynamics Detection Enhancements — Simulate smoother analog-style compression with both High-Pass and API Thrust-inspired Tilt filters. Use the True Envelope detection mode for RMS-style compression (flat frequency response and low distortion) triggered equally across the frequency spectrum.
- New Presets — All newly designed presets utilize the improvements introduced in Ozone 6 including new Component Plug-in Presets with Ozone Advanced.
- Standalone Application — Now available as both a plug-in and as a standalone application, Ozone 6 adds a number of forward-thinking features that simplify traditional mastering workflows, including:
- Automatic color-coded waveform segmentation.
- Tops/tails trims and fades with multiple shape types.
- Third-party plug-in hosting (VST/AU Support).
- Single/all-track export with iZotope SRC (sample rate conversion).
- Auto-adjusted MBIT+ Dither at output.
- Fully contained project folders.
Changes in Ozone 6 Advanced
- Dynamic EQ Module — Ozone Advanced adds the new Dynamic EQ module, an EQ that lives and breathes with your music. Harness the precision of an equalizer with the musical ballistics of a compressor. Integrated with an intuitive workflow, these processors work in concert to create a valuable mastering tool that excels where traditional EQs and compressors fail.
- Dynamic EQ Component Plug-in — Ozone 6 Advanced also includes a component Dynamic EQ plug-in for use throughout your audio editing software signal chain.
Ozone 6 is available for purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD through November 13th, 2014 (regular $249 USD). Ozone 6 Advanced is $599 USD (regular $999 USD).
More information: iZotope / Ozone 6
Tek’it Audio has announced the release of Uinku, a fold-back distortion effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Uinku creates subtle harmonic changes to extreme distortion helped by the “Drive” control to add saturation and the “Color” control in an effort to bake the perfect tones.
The interface features a “Mix” control for blending the original sound with the sound of Uinku and an “Output Gain” control with a clipper stage to drive distortion further.
- 2 Flavors of Foldback distortion, including the “Winkl” sound.
- Distortion drive and color controls.
- Mix and output gain controls.
- Activable gain stage clipper.
- Bypass switch.
- x16 Oversampling.
- 64-bit internal processing.
- Full MIDI automation support.
- Preset manager, rename, save, load presets and banks.
- Works in mono or stereo.
- 16 factory presets.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 39 EUR / $49 USD.
More information: Tek’it Audio / Uinku
Boz Digital Labs has launched Imperial Delay, a delay effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Imperial Delay was designed from the beginning with two goals: Be the most powerful delay, and be easy to use. As it turns out, those two requirements tend to be at odds with each other. Some delays give you lots of control but require you to get out your lab coat and calculator in order to use it. Other delays sound great with only a couple knobs, but give you almost no options. Imperial Delay does both.
Every option that you would need in a delay is available at the twist of a single knob. If you need more control over those effects, you can enter the advanced controls and experiment to your heart’s content.
Boz Digital Labs’ new preset management system lets you save presets that go far beyond your DAW’s preset saving ability.
Imperial Delay for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $59 USD until November 11th, 2014 (MSRP $299 USD).
More information: Boz Digital Labs / Imperial Delay
More posts that match this tag
123Creative has announced the release of Classic Colored Pedals 2, a guitar VST effect pedal collection by G-Sonique. G-Sonique: Classic colored pedals 2 is collection of four classic yet very usable virtual guitar pedals / … read more
KV331 Audio has released version 2.6.21 of its SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player instrument plug-ins for Windows and Mac. This latest update vastly improves startup/waveform import time and adds a long time requested feature: A search … read more
Xhun Audio has released version 2.8 of LittleOne, a virtual analog synthesizer instrument for Windows. Version 2.8 features important improvements for the Analogue Components Behaviour Engine, the Envelope Generators accuracy and bringing a massive low … read more
discoDSP has launched a release candidate v6.4.2 of Discovery Pro, a synthesizer instrument for Windows, Mac & Linux. Discovery Pro is a virtual analog synthesizer emulation featuring multi-layering, parameter morphing, high-quality sound, WAV and SF2 … read more
Wolfgang Palm has released WaveMapper 2, a greatly expanded version of the WaveMapper synthesizer app for iOS, with many new features, including the WaveMap and new resource merging possibilities. PPG WaveMapper 2 comes with a … read more
OverTone DSP has announced the release of AF2-10, a graphical EQ effect plug-in for Windows, Mac and Linux. OverTone DSP has released the AF2-10 analogue filter modelling graphical EQ for Windows, Mac OS X and … read more
One Small Clue has released Grace, a sampler instrument plug-in for Windows. Grace is a VST plugin sampler for musicians working with samples. It is a tool to load samples mid composition with minimal disruptions … read more
Monoplugs has released version 2.0 of its B-Step Sequencer, which is now also available for Mac AU, Android and Raspberry Pi. Monoplugs B-Step Step Sequencer Chord Editor. We kept the B-Step 1 base and built … read more
u-he has launched a public beta of Presswerk, a dynamics effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. After Satin, Presswerk is our second construction kit, this time for all sorts of classical compressors. It’s got a … read more
Plugin Boutique has announced a limited time sale on Togu Audio Line plug-ins, offering a 40% discount on the TAL-BassLine-101 and TAL-U-NO-LX synthesizer instruments. TAL-BassLine-101 is a monophonic bass synthesizer with a classic analogue sound. … read more
LVC-Audio is offering rekkerd.org readers a chance to win 1 of 5 free copies of any of its paid effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac. ClipShifter 2 is a wave-shaping audio plugin that functions like … read more
Outbound link: LVC-Audio
– Related: AAX
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 24, 2014 - 81 comments
Youlean has released version 2.0 of Freq-Balancer, a simple tool that will help you with mastering by balancing frequency response of your songs. Freq-Balancer analyzes the frequency content of an audio signal and automatically applies … read more
Loomer has released version 1.7.17 of Aspect, a synthesizer instrument for Windows, Mac and Linux. Aspect is a 32-note polyphonic software instrument that combines a great-sounding, powerful synthesis engine, with a flexible semi-modular architecture and … read more
Little Endian has released version 2.9.4 of SpectrumWorx, a sound mangling plug-in for Windows and Mac. SpectrumWorx is a modular effect processor that works exclusively in the frequency domain. Two things make SpectrumWorx vastly different … read more
Acon Digital has released version 1.1 of Multiply, a free chorus effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. Acon Digital Multiply is a free and versatile chorus effect with a unique twist. Each simulated voice is … read more