Sonic Charge has released version 3.1 of its Microtonic drum and percussion synthesizer combined with a pattern based drum-machine engine.
It is a free upgrade (as usual) and to many people the most interesting news is probably 64-bit compatibility. It also features new MIDI controlling possibilities (including pattern edits via MIDI CC) and a beautiful new skin with spacier layout and crispier pixels.
Changes in Microtonic v3.1
- First fully 64-bit compatible version.
- Supports MIDI CC out for updating MIDI controllers with current parameter values.
- Supports MIDI CC for mutes as well as MIDI keys.
- Supports using MIDI CC to perform pattern edits.
- Drum patches that are loaded from factory preset folders are now referenced to with relative file paths meaning that it will be easier to use the drum patch browser to change patches in factory presets.
- Signed packages on Mac OS X.
- Name of DLL’s changed from MicroTonic(Multi)VST.dll to Microtonic(Multi).dll only. Name of plugin is Microtonic from now on, not µTonic or MicroTonic. Logotype is still µTONIC.
- Fixed a bug where MIDI events occurring simultaneously would be processed in incorrect order, e.g. a note with 100% legato could stop the next note with its note off event.
- Max length of program name reported to host is 64 characters.
- De-initializes and releases all resources when last instance is removed from project.
- Updated to latest support libraries. Lots of minor stability and compatibility improvements.
- In the file browser, drum patches are previewed on the individual outputs that they will load into.
- Supports automatic online registration through Sonic Charge Authenticator.
- New skin. Bigger. Beautifuller. Spacier. Space is the future.
Microtonic for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $99 USD ex. VAT.
More information: Sonic Charge / Microtonic
The Sound Guy has announced the release of a 64-bit compatible version of SFX Machine Pro for Windows -the flexible multi-effects and sound design tool will now work with 64-bit VST host programs.
SFX Machine Pro™ lets you create your own effects from scratch.
SFX Machine Pro provides quick and easy access to hundreds of audio effects, from the conventional to the bizarre.
Streamlined for use in audio production environments, SFX Machine has been used for sound design for radio, TV, feature films, CDs and video games. In addition to providing a large collection of effects, all of which are easily modified, SFX Machine Pro lets you create your own effects from scratch and also serves as a “Swiss Army knife” of audio utilities.
SFX Machine Pro features
- A modular synthesis preset editor.
- Host tempo sync.
- MIDI automation.
- A Randomize function.
- Output limiter.
- Over 300 effects.
SFX Machine Pro (VST/AU) costs $99.95 USD. For a limited time, the Spectral Machine frequency-domain effects plug-in (32-bit) is included at no extra charge. The update to version 1.5 is $20 USD for existing SFX Machine Pro users.
More information: The Sound Guy / SFX Machine Pro
Big Tick Audio has released version 2.12 of Rhino, a hybrid FM synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Our virtual synthesizer is used by thousands of professional musicians all over the world.
Download the free trial and find out why.
Changes in Rhino v2.12
- 64-bit AU and VST.
- Standalone mode on Mac & PC.
- Undo / Redo editing.
- Improved drag / drop support.
- Simplified registration (just drop the key file on the info page).
Rhino for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) costs $99 USD.
More information: Big Tick Audio / Rhino
Mildon Studios has launched the HUE-X + M4GIQ Plugin Bundle, a collection of two effect plug-ins for Windows.
HUE-X is perfect EQ for those who trust their ears or just love to experiment with sound. It is designed to let you bring out what you want in the sound instantly and with much ease. Now you can control different characteristics of the sound without having to deal with the obscurity of traditional EQ’s.
HUE-X breaks it down to ten faders: Boom, Depth, Fullness, Body, Warmth, Clarity, Sheen, Brightness, Sparkle, Punch. These faders are divided into two groups: Warm Tones (red strip) and Cool Tones (blue strip).
M4GIQ is a 4-band multi-fx plugin that lets you apply Gain, Panning, and Delay to each frequency band. This is extremely useful for spreading frequencies across the stereo image, making it easier for the sound to cut through.
You can shape the sound further with the Gain controls and High-pass/Low-pass filters. Delay can also be added to make an interesting effect, or to emphasize the spreading of frequencies.
Both are available to download as a bundle for Windows (VST) at no cost.
More information: Mildon Studios
DMG Audio has updated the EQuilibrium equalizer effect plugin to version 1.04.
Drawing on 50 years of EQ heritage, EQuilibrium is a custom-designed power tool for audio professionals.
User-adaptable design, a cutting edge feature set, built for tackling critical mix/mastering tasks.
Changes in EQuilibrium v1.04
- Fix SaveAs crash in Logic (crash in save/load under rare circumstances).
- MIDI Preference defaults to OFF for new installs.
- Rework selection. Now grouped bands form a group independent of current selection.
- Preference added to disable band linking completely.
- Fix keyboard note readout to stay onscreen.
- Fix trivial graphical glitch on windows.
- Don’t create a submenu for Notch bands.
- Fix memory leak for AAX.
- Fix clicking with coincident/butterworth in Digital+ mode.
- Fix pops with 4kg lowshelf.
EQuilibrium for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) costs £174.99 GBP.
More information: DMG Audio / EQuilibrium
Sound Magic has announced version 1.2 of its Neo Reference effect plug-in for Windows.
Neo Reference is a brand new tool for the final processing of digital music. It combines several of Sound Magic’s cutting edge dithering and noise shaping algorithms. These algorithms will change the sound of your music and they will let you find the best timbre for your individual style. Each dither and noise shape has its own unique timbre. What you need to do is listen to them carefully and you find the one that works best for your sound.
Changes in Neo Reference v1.2
- Parametrics changes for iOS and Andriod Phones.
- Improved Noise Level Simulation.
- Many Minor Changes.
Neo Reference for Windows (VST/Supreme Pianos add-on) is available to purchase for 29 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Reference