TASCAM has announced the US-122mkII and US-144mkII, two Portable USB Audio Interfaces.
The US-122mkII features improved audio performance along with a new, eye-catching compact design. The US-144mkII shares the design improvements, adding S/PDIF digital audio I/O for four channels of 96kHz/24-bit audio to and from a computer. Both interfaces use USB 2.0 technology for hiccup-free low-latency performance to Mac or Windows computers.
The TASCAM US-122mkII and US-144mkII feature a pair of XLR microphone inputs with phantom power for recording condenser mics into a computer. Balanced line inputs and a guitar level in are also provided. MIDI in and out jacks allow for synthesizer and control messages to be passed to the computer, and the unbalanced line outputs connect to studio monitors. The US-144mkII has the addition of digital in and out, for a total of four channels, and a dedicated headphone level control means you don’t need to switch off your monitors when recording on phones. A copy of Steinberg’s 48-track Cubase LE4 is included to begin recording right away.
US-122mkII / US-144mkII features
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 audio interface
- (2) XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
- (2) 1/4″ balanced line inputs
- Switchable guitar level input
- 1/4″ stereo headphone output
- MIDI input and output
- S/PDIF stereo coaxial input and output (US-144mkII only)
- Individual Line and Headphone out level controls (US-144mkII only)
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit audio resolution
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring
- Mac and Windows drivers included
- Steinberg Cubase LE4 48-track recording software included
- Aluminum case construction
The US-122mkII and US-144mkII will be available from TASCAM retailers in October. Estimated street price for the US-122mkII is $129 USD, the US-144mkII is expected to sell for $149 USD.