Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
TC Electronic now shipping Impact Twin
TC Electronic has announced it is now shipping the Impact Twin, a state of the art audio interface that features ground-breaking technology to ensure that the music you record sounds as good on the inside of your computer as it does on the outside.
Impact Twin’s two mic preamps utilize our Impact III™ Technology which itself features three stages of top level processing. You get a high quality and very flexible mic preamp, superior 24/192 HD Conversion, plus a set of recording Channel Tools that lets you shape and optimize your sound making it the perfect recording. With each of these stages carefully combined behind Impact Twin’s rugged and cool looking exterior, you have a ‘take anywhere’ device that offers the ultimate in recording quality.
Impact Twin features
- Two mic preamps featuring IMPACT III™ Technology – With these two pristine mic preamps you never have to worry about recording quality again.
- Channel Tools – Quickly and easily optimize the tone of your recordings with Impact Twin’s built-in channel tools.
- Hi-Z Guitar optimized inputs – Ensure the tone of your guitars is beautifully preserved with two front-panel mounted Hi-Z guitar-optimized inputs.
- Direct Monitor Reverb – A simple way to add reverb at the monitor stage so the singer can enjoy quality reverb through their headphones.
- iCheck – The iCheck (Integrity Check) feature provides a shortcut for revealing artifacts of data reduction – essential when encoding mp3 or AAC files.
- Included plug-ins (M40 reverb, ResFilter, Assimilator) – Impact Twin comes bundled with pristine TC effects processing. The M40 Studio Reverb is based on an algorithm from our acclaimed Reverb 4000 processor. The multi-purpose ResFilter provides ultra-fat filter sound. The Assimilator EQ curve assimilation tool lets you quickly grab an EQ curve from any sound and apply it to your own.
- Quick compressor access and feedback – Access the crucial compressor setting directly from Impact Twin’s front panel – the light ring instantly shows gain reduction.
- JetPLL jitter reduction – Everybody talks about analog sound quality, but what about digital? With built-in JetPLL jitter reduction technology, Impact Twin ensures superb audio quality all the way through the device.
- 192/24 HD Conversion – Impact Twin’s HD Convertors let you select your conversion rate – all the way from 44.1kHz right up to High Definition 192kHz for the ultimate in pristine audio capture, maintaining the essential transients of your sound..
- Ableton Live Lite 8 TC Electronic Edition included – Bundled with Impact Twin is Ableton Live Lite 8 TC Electronic Edition.
- 14/14 I/O (4 analog, 10 digital I/O) – 14 ins and 14 outs give the flexibility to record and monitor just about any device you can think of.
The Impact Twin is available to purchase for an MSRP of $519 USD.