Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
The Outhouse releases Inerthia v1.66
- Latency free. Zero ms Latency unless LAH (Look A Head, 2 ms) button is on.
- Fast Attack time from 0 ms.
- Fast Release with PDR (Program Dependent Release).
- Variable knee from Soft through Linear to Hard. Very Hard.
- Lowcut and Hicut filter with Q knobs and semi automatic bypass button.
- Vintage styled SClip (softclip).
- Very broad Bandpass Side-chain that makes it easy to use as e.g. DeEsser or to get a vintage styled compression. (A listen button lets your hear your sidechain signal and while that is engaged a flashing light above the Ratio knob will tell you that you are in “Listening mode”).
- Mix parameter to mix the dry signal with the compressed.
- Input gain Trim to adjust for low gain signals or to modify the fixed Threshold (-30dB).
- Works at Sample Rate, great for 96kHz or more.
- Two VUs that can be set in 3 ways to display different things.
- A variable Peakmeter that displays Input, Gain Reduction and Output.
Check this page to see what was updated in version 1.66.
Inerthia is available for Windows PC (VST) for 90 EUR / $133 USD.
The Outhouse has also released version 0.36 of Elatua, a VCA / Opto Limiter that has similarities with some of the old classic limiters and compressors. A commercial version is not yet released, but you can already download the beta version.