Time+Space has announced the Aktiv monitoring speakers from ESI.
Off the back of their higher end UniK series delivered earlier this year, ESI has announced the release of a new line of affordable studio reference monitors – the Aktiv 05 and Aktiv 08.
Replacing the nEar05 / 08 eXperience range, the Aktiv 05 and Aktiv 08 boast unparalleled punch in the low-mid frequency thanks to the top quality kevlar driver – a major improvement over the paper and polypropylene drivers used in many comparable speakers.
Plus, thanks to a retuning of all components by German engineers, including a completely revised design of the crossover circuitry plus a higher quality silk dome tweeter, the Aktiv 05 and 08 provide honest sound at an affordable price and are perfect for use in a range of settings.
- 2-way powered speaker / active studio monitor speaker.
- 5″ or 8″ kevlar curved cone as low frequency driver.
- 1″ silk dome tweeter as HF driver.
- Aktiv 05 output power: 60W (HF 30W, LF 30W).
- Aktiv 08 output power: 90W (HF 30W, LF 60W).
- Aktiv 05 frequency response: 50Hz – 20kHz.
- Aktiv 08 frequency response: 40Hz – 20kHz.
- magnetically shielded for desktop operation without electronic interference.
- input connections: XLR / TS1/4″ combo connector, balanced / unbalanced input.
The ESI Aktiv monitors are sold as single units with the following RRPs:
- Aktiv 05: £109 GBP.
- Aktiv 08: £155 GBP.
More information: Time+Space