ToneBoosters releases FlX dynamice EQ + plug-ins updated to v2.8.5
ToneBoosters has released version 2.8.5 of its audio effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac, which includes the new FlX dynamic equalizer plug-in.
TB FlX (“Flex“) combines equalization and dynamics processing in one go. It works just as most equalizers; by moving 5 nodes along a frequency axis, a frequency-dependent gain is defined. In TB FlX, each node has additional functionality, including:
- The ability to define a level input/output curve (or compressor curve);
- Attack and release times; with classical or intelligent release curves;
- Amount of stereo widening.
ToneBoosters FlX dynamic equalizer – blending flexible dynamics processing and equalization in one optimized plugin.
- Almost 100 parameters to shape the sound in a clean and simple interface.
- 5 nodes to control a frequency-dependent gain and compressor input/output characteristic at any frequency in the audible frequency range.
- 3-node dynamics editor supporting upward compression, downward compression, expansion, and negative ratios. The compressor curves can either be a hard knee or smooth.
- Each frequency node has its own attack time, release time, and stereo widening parameter.
- Compressor release curves can either be ‘classic’ or ‘intelligent’ for improved transparency.
- Intelligent widening algorithm – automatically disallowing out-of-phase signals at the output that sound ‘hollow’ and unpleasant.
- Integrated output spectrum analyzer.
- Spectrum editor and compressor editor with zoom functionality for microscopic fine-tuning.
- Dry/wet control to blend between input and output.
- Based on the VST 2.4 specification to allow compatibility with virtually all host programs.
Besides the new Fix plug-in, version 2.8.5 includes the following changes:
Changes in ToneBoosters v2.8.5
- All plugins
- Fixed GUI redraw issue for preset selection in some hosts.
- Improved bounce behavior in Logic Pro.
- Inclusion of a new tape model.
- Compressor and EZCompressor
- Two new compressor algorithms included.
TB FlX for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 15 EUR.
More information: ToneBoosters