Tonehammer releases Clack
Tonehammer has released Clack, a new sample library for Kontakt featuring wooden percussion sounds.
Think wood and then more wood and then some more wood on top of that.
The theme and purpose of this library is pretty simple. We wanted to capture as much sharp, bright, tonal wooden impact percussion as our hearts could desire. We captured several bamboo poles, bamboo logs (literally), a whole pile of claves, woodblocks, clappers, box drum, and other assorted wooden implements that epitomize the word “thwack.”
These elements are ideal auxiliary percussion for orchestral composition and epic ﬁlm/tv/game soundtrack scoring. They also are vital elements in Latin music and hip hop, as well as very useful percussion building-blocks and raw source material for experimental music and IDM.
We recorded all of these sets fairly up-close and dry, in a medium-sized hardwood and masonry percussion studio (dry). All instrument articulations were captured with 10 “round-robin” variations per velocity layer, with an average of 5-8 velocity layers per note. We also included 6 unique sets of dark multi-layered ambient drones, created them entirely from the original Clack source material. These multi-layered sound-scapes utilize the modwheel to allow you to sculpt and morph these ambiences very expressively.
- 5″x6′ bamboo logs (23 articulations)
- 1″x7′ small bamboo poles (6 articulations)
- 2 sets of castanets (solo and unison)
- Wooden trident clapper (single notes and sustaining rolls)
- 7 assorted pairs of claves (7 articulations)
- Classic wooden popgun
- Rattle impacts (4 different rattles/shakers)
- Whaledrum “cajon” (4 articulations)
- Semi-tuned woodblocks (6 articulations)
- Misc mallet shaft & handle strikes (2 articulations)
- Bonus Content: 6 Multi-layered Drone Instruments.
- Extensive read me (.pdf) install, patch and hint documentation.
- Listen to exclusive (.mp3) interview w/ Mike and Troels.
- 42 instrument patches, 2876 Samples.
- 700 MB installed, 400 MB .rar download.
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit stereo .wav format.
- Format(s): .nki and .wav.
- Note: Native Instruments Kontakt 2.2.4 / 3 / 4 full retail versions required. Free Kontakt Player not supported.
Clack is available for purchase for $49 USD.