Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
u-he updates Zebra to v2.3 and releases AFTERskool for Zebra2
u-he has released version 2.3 of Zebra, the wireless modular synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It combines numerous synthesis techniques (subtractive, additive, fm, wavetable, etc.) with a powerful modulation engine that even smoothly integrates with the built-in effects section.
Changes in Zebra v2.3
- RTAS support on MacOS X.
- switchable & scalable user interface themes.
- additions to oscillators („Eleven“, more Osc FX).
- LFO speeds can now be set independent from host tempo.
- MIDI Program Changes.
- several bugfixes, including MidiLearn woes.
- new Sideband Filter (frequency shifter) modules.
- new ModMapper modules.
- FX Bypass.
- Voice Drift can now be switched off for strict tuning.
- improved host compatibility/workarounds incl. „Logic reset“ and „Live no-reset“
u-he has also announced the release of AFTERskool, a new set of 128 patches by Michael Kastrup.
The AFTERskool Soundset is a mixed bag of goodies and soundwise we are still in Old School category. My main focus has been around new Bass, Strings, Poly’s and some emulations.
AFTERskool is available for purchase now for $25 USD (+19% VAT if ordered in the EU).
More information: u-he