Universal Audio has announced it is to debut the OX Amp Top Box at Summer NAMM 2017.
OX is a premium reactive load box that allows guitarists to play and record their tube amp in its ideal sweet spots at any volume level. It offers instant album-quality mic, room, and speaker cabinet emulations at the turn of a knob.
“OX is like no other box on the market,” says Universal Audio CEO and Founder, Bill Putnam, Jr. “It removes the barrier of getting perfect tone from tube guitar amps, at any volume. At its core is the world’s finest speaker attenuator and reactive load. But then we took it several steps further with UA’s own ‘secret sauce’ — namely Rig presets with stunning mic and studio emulations; and Dynamic Speaker Modeling, which emulates speaker breakup and cone cry like no other box in history.
“OX is the ultimate tool for tone-obsessed guitarists who want album-quality tube amp sounds, anywhere, anytime — with zero compromises.”
OX Amp Top Box features
- Premium, no-compromise analog reactive load box for tube guitar amps.
- Five finely-tuned guitar amp attenuation levels — from off, to whisper quiet, to full band volume.
- Front-panel “Rig” control for instant, album-quality mic and speaker cabinet emulations.
- UA Dynamic Speaker Modeling faithfully emulates speaker breakup and cone cry .
- World-class Universal Audio EQ, compression, delay, and reverb effects built-in.
- Selectable 4, 8, and 16-Ohm operation .
- Front-panel Headphone out for silent practice with cranked tones.
- Balanced TRS line outs, and S/PDIF digital output for recording.
- Pair with OX mobile or desktop app over Wi-Fi for editing and saving presets.
The OX Amp Top Box is scheduled to ship Q4 2017 with a US street price of $1,299 USD. Visit Universal Audio at Summer NAMM, Booth #1342.