Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Universal Audio updates UAD Powered Plugins to v5.4.1
Universal Audio has released UAD Software Version 5.4.1, the lastest version of the UAD Powered Plug-Ins Software.
UAD Software Version 5.4.1 provides minor functional and sonic improvements to the FATSO Jr./Sr. Powered Plug-In, as well as a new “Clear CPU Affinity” setting for Windows users, which reduces CPU spiking on most multi-processor systems.
Changes in UAD Software Version 5.4.1
- [UAD-2] FATSO Jr./Sr. – Minor functional and sonic changes improve usability and emulation accuracy:
- All LEDs turn off when power disabled.
- Ch 2 parameters default to OFF/”0″ in mono instance.
- Improvements to interaction between Compressor threshold and Tranny circuit.
- Removed discontinuities in the saturation curve at clip level.
- Copy+Paste settings from mono to stereo now working.
- IMPORTANT: FATSO Jr./Sr. v5.4.1 session and preset settings are not backwards compatible with v5.4.0.
- [Windows] New “Clear CPU Affinity” setting reduces CPU spiking on most multiprocessor systems (UAD-2 only).
- [RTAS] UAD v5.4.1 does not include the latest version of the Mellowmuse ATA RTAS plug-in. We recommend downloading and installing the latest ATA version after updating to UAD v5.4.1. The latest ATA version is available directly from the Mellowmuse website.
More information: Universal Audio