Note: this post is from 2005, outbound links may be broken.
vember|audio releases SURGE v1.0.1
SURGE, the new vember|audio synthesizer takes usability and sound quality to a new level.
The specifications only hints at what is possible with this instrument. To really appreciate it you have to hear and use it for yourself.
- Synthesis method: Subtractive hybrid
- Each patch contain two ‘scenes’ which are separate instances of the enitre synthesis engine (except effects) that can be used for layering or split patches.
- Category based patch-browser that is fast to use
- 3 oscillators/voice
- 5 versatile oscillator algorithms: Classic, Sinus, Wavetable, S/H Noise and Audio-input
- The classic oscillator is a morphable pulse/saw/dualsaw oscillator with a sub-oscillator and self-sync.
- Most algorithms (all except sinus and audio-input) offer up to 16-voice unison at the oscillator level.
- Oscillator FM/ringmodulation
- All oscillator algorithms are band-limited yet they still cover the entire audible spectrum.
- Noise generator with variable spectrum
- Two filter-units with arrangeable in 7 different configurations
- Feedback loop
- Available filter-algorithms: LP12, LP24, LP24L (ladder filter with 1-4 poles), HP12, HP24, BP, Notch, Comb+, Comb-
- Waveshaper (5 shapes)
- 12 LFO-units available to each voice (6 are running on each voice and 6 are shared for the scene)
- DAHDSR envelope generators on every LFO-unit
- 7 deformable LFO-waveforms + 1 drawable/stepsequencer waveform
- Extremely fast and flexible modulation routing. Almost every continuous parameter can be modulated
- 8 effect units arranged as 2 inserts/scene, 2 sends and 2 master effects
- 9 top-quality algorithms: Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Phaser, EQ, Distortion, Conditioner (EQ, stereo-image control & limiter), Rotary speaker, Frequency shifter
Check out the vember|audio website for more information, a demo is available.