Vox announces ToneLab EX, Valvetronix modeling multi-effect pedal
Vox has announced the ToneLab EX, a powerful Valvetronix modeling multi-effect pedal, enhanced for live performance.
VOX Valvetronix products are renowned for their realistic amp sounds. The Valve Reactor circuitry uses a real 12AX7 vacuum tube to create that true-tube tone. With new performance elements added especially for live use, the ToneLab EX is the latest VOX multi-effect pedal to inherit the sound of the Valvetronix series.
Expanding on the powerful Valvetronix amp and cabinet models you’re already familiar with, the ToneLab EX now provides 11 stand-alone distortion pedals. These distortion pedals can be used in place of one of the amp head models, providing a truly diverse range of tones to cover many musical styles. Following the cabinet models, the ToneLab EX features a full complement of spatial-type effects such as modulation, reverb, and delay allowing you to complete your guitar sound without requiring any other equipment. A full-sized VOX expression pedal ensures stability while performing. The intuitive Stomp Box mode places six effects on a virtual pedal-board at your feet, with real stomp-box control! The ToneLab EX is the perfect live-performance solution for any guitarist’s multi-effect needs.
ToneLab EX features
- Highly acclaimed VOX Valvetronix technology provides spot-on amp/effect modeling.
- Powerful Valve Reactor circuit features a real 12AX7 vacuum tube for true-tube tone.
- 200 Ready-to-use and instantly available Programs, all professionally programmed
- 100 User Programs (25 Banks; Four programs per bank).
- 100 Preset Programs (25 Banks; Four programs per bank).
- Includes 50 Song Presets that recreate the guitar sound used on well-known songs.
- 33 Expertly voiced amp models cover rare, vintage, boutique, and coveted amps, plus much more.
- 11 Cabinet models perfectly mimic the original’s depth and tone; mix and match with any amp model.
- 45 Premium quality effects; use up to nine at once (including noise reduction and expression pedal)
- 11 Stand-alone distortion pedals (use in place of an amp model).
- 15 Pedal effects (divided between Pedal 1 & Pedal 2).
- 11 Modulation effects.
- 4 Delay types including Tap Tempo delay.
- 3 Reverb types.
- 1 Noise reduction effect.
- Normal/Strobe chromatic tuner with high-visibility LED display; easy to see on stage.
- Stereo monitor speakers allow backstage tweaking, editing and rehearsing – no additional gear required.
- Full size VOX expression pedal provides stable pedal control during live performances.
- Intuitive panel design places the amp head and stomp-box effects at your feet for comfortable control.
- Completely independent editing sections for the amp and effects allows for simple editing.
- Amp/Line output switch provides optimal sound through any amp or system:
- Amp Mode has settings for connecting directly to a VOX, F, or M guitar amplifier.
- Line Mode provides a three-band Total Equalizer to control the tone.
- AUX IN is provided for jamming along to your favorite tunes via CD, MP3, etc.
- USB port provides a single-cable audio connection to your computer’s digital recording software.