Waves, DiGiCo, and Soundtracs have introduced DiGiGrid, a product range destined to provide the audio market with a new solution that delivers an open approach to audio, plugins, control and audio resource networking.
From the studio to the stage and back again, today’s digital productions are getting more and more complex, with higher track counts, CPU-hungrier plugins and increasingly demanding real-time requirements – not to mention portability, expandability and connectivity issues. Now, Waves, DiGiCo and Soundtracs have joined forces to create hardware and software processing solutions to address these needs with DiGiGrid, which enables users of Native DAWs, Pro Tools and MADI-enabled live and broadcast mixing consoles access to Waves SoundGrid audio networking and real-time processing. DiGiGrid offers a full line of SoundGrid I/Os, Pro Tools-to-SoundGrid I/Os and MADI-to-SoundGrid I/Os.
In the studio, DiGiGrid systems provide the power and performance needed to meet the most taxing mixing challenges. DiGiGrid systems are expandable and ideal for users of all levels, from budget-minded audio enthusiasts to full-fledged multi-studio facilities. And because they use Intel-based SoundGrid DSP Servers to perform audio processing, DiGiGrid systems ensure maximum versatility and compatibility today, tomorrow, and into the future.
Live on stage, DiGiGrid MADI-to-SoundGrid interfaces enable users of any MADI-enabled console to take advantage of low-latency networking and processing, perfect for both FOH and monitor applications. Live processing and recording has never been easier, thanks to the flexibility and simplicity of DiGiGrid systems.
DiGiGrid Components features
- DiGiGrid IOS — Perfect for personal production studios, the DiGiGrid IOS is an 8 x 8 I/O which includes a built-in SoundGrid DSP server and certified SoundGrid switch. With 8 mic / line inputs, 8 line outputs, 2 headphone outputs, MIDI In/Out/Thru, SPDIF and AES outputs, DiGiGrid IOS is an all-in-one audio interface that brings the power of SoundGrid in a convenient, comprehensive solution.
- DiGiGrid IOX — Ideal for professional facilities with separate performance rooms, the DiGiGrid IOX expansion I/O features 12 mic / line inputs and 6 line outputs, plus 4 individual headphone outputs, for customizable mixes for each performer.
- DiGiGrid IOC — An I/O custom-designed with control rooms in mind, the DiGiGrid IOC includes 2 mic inputs, 8 line inputs, 8 line outputs and 2 headphone outputs, plus 16 AES digital outs ADAT for additional connectivity options.
- DiGiGrid SWI — The DiGiGrid SWI 5-way network switch is tested and certified for full SoundGrid compatibility, ensuring smooth setup and flawless performance straight out of the box.
- DiGiGrid DLS — With 64 digital inputs / 64 digital outputs plus a built-in SoundGrid DSP server and certified SoundGrid switch, the DiGiGrid DLS Pro Tools-to-SoundGrid Interface is the ideal integrated solution for users who want to expand their existing systems while enjoying the convenience of an all-in-one hardware interface.
- DiGiGrid DLI — With 64 digital inputs / 64 digital outputs, the DiGiGrid DLI Pro Tools-to-SoundGrid Interface was custom-engineered for users of large Pro Tools systems who require the extra processing power of a dedicated SoundGrid DSP server.
- DiGiGrid DMI — Interface option to allow Digigrid system devices to access DiGiCo SD Rack and D Racks for massive system input expansion with a wide range of format configuration choices.
- MGB MADI-to-SoundGrid Coaxial Interface – 2 MADI ports, up to 128 Inputs & 128 Outputs
- MGO MADI-to-SoundGrid Optical Interface – 2 MADI ports, up to 128 Inputs & 128 Outputs
More information: DiGiGrid