8Dio Productions has launched Century Orchestral Harps, a Kontakt instrument library that features the sounds of two deep-sampled orchestral harps.
8Dio Century Orchestral Harps contains two separate concert harps, each chosen carefully to represent a different facet in the realm of harp tones. Harp 1 is a bright, bold and shimmering Venus Concert Harp. The instrument can sound delicate, but it also has vibrant highs which can cut through and soar in your orchestral compositions.
The second instrument is a Lyon & Healy Concert Harp. It has a mellower and rounder tone. The instrument can sit back in a mix, and will add a warm depth to your orchestrations. While it has a wonderful bold tone at higher dynamics, It’s perfect for delicate/quieter passages. We think of it as a softer, scoring harp.
The dynamic range of a concert harp is very broad. Harps are capable of the softest feathery pp all the way up to a thunderous ff. This presents a particularly difficult challenge when it comes to sampling. For us, the real magic of the harp exists in the softer dynamics. It is impossible to capture this softer dynamic range without encountering some noise (particularly in a large sound stage). For this reason, softer dynamics are often under represented in sampled instruments.
Century Orchestral Harps features
- Two True Deep-Sampled Orchestral Harps.
- Kontakt VST / AU / AAX.
- 21.446 Samples. 59GB HDD (compressed to 28.1GB).
- Deep-Sampled Venus Concert Harp.
- Deep-Sampled Lyon & Healvy Concert Harp.
- True Deep Multi-Sampling (21.446 Samples).
- True Deep Glissando Sampling (+3.000 Glissandos).
- 1 Close / Intimate Microphone Position.
- 3 Hall Microphone Positions (CMixed, DECCA, Wide).
- Fluent controls over Dynamics (MW), Expression and Speed.
- Full Retail version of Kontakt 5.6 or later required.
The library is on sale for the intro price of $248 USD until April 1st, 2018 (regular $298 USD).
More information: 8Dio Productions