Arturia has announced the release of a creative plugin that allows users to manipulate and combine various distortion types for truly unique and powerful sound design.
The Dist COLDFIRE dual-engine distortion effect gives users a reactive arsenal of classic and cutting-edge ways to process and destroy their sound, combining analog and digital algorithms with deep modulation and customization to unearth near-infinite distortion possibilities for any sound.
Pair up any of the 11 distortion types, from emulated tube heat to icy digital bit crush, customize routing, sprinkle in some modulation, and forge entirely unique sonic carnage. Create resonant metallic melodies, introduce artificial harmonic reflections, trigger wildly destructive feedback loops; get creative with Dist COLDFIRE’s dual-engine architecture.
Swap static sound processing for distortion that evolves, flickers, and dances to any tune with 6 assignable modulation slots, step sequencing, envelope following, and more. Dist COLDFIRE is simple enough to create exciting dual distortion effects in just a few easy clicks, but flexible enough to become totally immersed in deeply destructive sound design.
Dist COLDFIRE features
- Two distortion engines.
- 11 distortion algorithms to choose from, each with specific controls: Tape, Tube, Transistor, Transformer, Rectifier, Germanium, Force, Bit Crusher, Bit Inverter, Wavefolder, Waveshaper.
- Hidden Advanced control panel for in-depth sound design.
- 5 routing options: Serial, Parallel, Stereo, Mid/Side, Band Split.
- Routing balance slider to blend Distortions A & B, with real-time visualizer.
- Pre or Post 3-mode Dynamics module: Compressor, Multiband, Limiter.
- Feedback module.
Dist COLDFIRE for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3, AU, AAX, NKS) is on sale at the introductory price of 99 USD/EUR until September 15th, 2022. A bundle of FX Collection 3 + Dist COLDFIRE is priced 299 USD/EUR during the promotion.