Ableton has announced the forthcoming Live 10.1 update, adding user wavetables, new devices, workflow upgrades and more to the music production software for Windows and Mac.
Live 10.1 expands the possibilities for making and shaping sound, as well as improving key features for editing and finalizing music.
The new features in Live 10.1 include:
- User Wavetables: Musicians can now extend the capabilities of Wavetable’s oscillator section by importing their own wavetables or any sample into the device.
- Channel EQ: A flexible and simple EQ with curves and gain ranges suitable for a variety of audio material. The shape of the filters adapts based on how controls are set to always provide musical results.
- Delay: Combines Simple Delay and Ping Pong Delay and adds feature upgrades. Ping pong behavior, as well as Jump, Fade-In and Pitch controls from those devices are all accessed from the front panel.
- New automation features: Musicians get a palette of automation shapes to choose from, the ability to stretch and skew automation and enter values with their numerical keypad and easier access to clip modulation in Session View. Live now also detects curved movements inside automation and can merge multiple breakpoints into C- and S-shapes.
- Improvements to zooming and scrolling: Live 10.1 makes switching between detailed views and big-picture editing faster with streamlined keyboard shortcuts, pinch zooming on compatible computers, a resizable Arrangement Overview window, and more.
- Track freezing with sidechains: Freezing tracks that contain sidechain routing is now possible.
- VST3 support: Live 10.1 now supports VST3 plug-ins.
- Export return and master effects: Musicians now have the option to export single tracks and groups with return and master effects applied.
Live 10.1 is now in an extensive beta testing period. Owners of a Live 10 license who are interested in testing this update can join the beta testing group. Check the release notes for more details.
Live 10.1 is free for all owners of Live 10.
More information: Ableton