accSone has announced an update to crusher-X, an effect plugin that features a powerful live, polyphonic, multichannel granular synthesis algorithm that allows you to create very complex sounds, drones and outstanding surround effects.
Version 9.20 comes with Logic Atmos 7.1.2 and macOS Monterey support.
Since 1999, the crusher-X trademark has been “the” granular effect standard. crusher-X is used by famous sound-designers, composers, musicians and film-makers all over the world. It comes with GCOs, an Autotune and Pitch tracking system, up to 10-channel surround outputs, up to 199 individual grain streams, unique 3D grain visualization, over 3700 LFOs, over 370 real-time parameters and more than 180 presets.
Changes in crusher-X v9.20
- Adds LR Processing Button to the Grain Modulations to ensure that the modulation stays the same for Left and Right granular streams pairs.
- Adds 7.1.2 Atmos bed surround layout for Logic.
- Adds 4.1 surround layout.
- Adds mouse-wheel and drag support for the fader value area to enable value fine tuning (crusher-X 8 behavior).
- Changes Respawn behavior: A MIDI Note On Event will trigger just one Respawn (and not many).
- Changes Volume Grain Modulation Range to 60dB. Mutes Grain Volume if Grain Modulation is below -60dB.
- Changes Morph Progress Bar layout.
- Fixes a bug that caused wrong Grain Modulation Offset and Mod value displays under certain conditions.
- Fixes a bug that caused wrong LFO speed under seldom conditions.
- Fixes a bug that caused wrong Attack and Release times of Envelope Followers and the Compressor under seldom conditions.
- Optimizes Offset and Modulation Fader UI refresh.
- MacOS: Adds macOS Monterey support.
crusher-X 9 for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3 and AU) is available for purchase for 289 EUR. The update is free to users of crusher-X 9, and the upgrade/crossgrade from older crusher-X versions is 99 EUR.
More information: accSone