AIR Music Technology has announced the release of The Riser, a synthesizer instrument for designing musical transitions of epic proportions.
At the heart of The Riser are three editable sound generators – sweep, noise, and chord – letting the user manipulate the movement, timber, and tonality of the transition. Three low-frequency oscillators (LFOs) provide modulation duties to each patch, including beat-synced movements and the “Pumper” effect – a modern pulsating effect used to modify dynamics. Reverb, delay, and mixer controls let the user shape transition volume, effect saturation, and stereo imaging. Users may draw transitions from scratch or edit 300 presets spanning rises, falls, swells, fades, and more.
The Riser features
- Transition designer optimized for electronic music production, scoring, and remix work.
- 3 editable oscillators; sweep, noise, and chord.
- 3 LFOs; free-running, tempo-synced, and Pumper.
- 23 filter types including multi-pole and phase shift.
- 300 professionally designed, editable presets.
- Randomizer generates patches at the click of a button.
- Invert mode creates complementary patches by instantly changing transition direction.
- Easy MIDI-Learn Mode; just click and twist to assign parameters to your favorite MIDI controller hardware.
- Pumper effect creates pulsating movement.
- Configurable delay and reverb with wet/dry processing; 4 reverb types.
- Adjustable panning movements and master stereo width control.
The Riser for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $79.99 USD.