Alesis has announced its new Vortex Wireless 2 USB/MIDI Keytar Controller, offering a greatly enhanced control layout for superior playability and a premium collection of virtual instrument software, all in a stunning new durable gloss black housing.
This dynamic MIDI Keytar Controller connects wirelessly to any computer and easily integrates with popular virtual instruments, plugins, and DAWs. For maximum stage and studio mobility, the PC- and Mac-compatible USB dongle uses a single USB port to establish a reliable, wireless connection, enabling users to create dynamic performances that will impress any audience.
The Vortex Wireless 2’s useful, expressive controls deliver the power and functionality keyboard players need for a commanding performance. These controls include:
- 37 velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch for compact size with complete melodic range.
- (8) RGB back-lit velocity-sensitive trigger pads enable you to create beats or trigger clips.
- (8) Back-lit faders for controlling volumes or other virtual instrument parameters.
- Embedded MIDI-assignable tilt sensor performance control with on/off button.
- MIDI-assignable touchstrip, zone, sustain, and octave-control buttons on neck.
Alesis also made connectivity options a top priority for the Vortex Wireless 2, as follows:
- Included USB receiver creates a wireless connection to any Mac or PC, or most keyboards with USB host port.
- Wired USB and MIDI jacks for use with any synth, sound module, or other MIDI hardware or software.
- Can be battery-powered for use with MIDI modules and hardware synths (4 AA batteries not included).
A comprehensive assortment of accessories guarantees that users have everything they need to get going right away:
- Strap and cable harness included; standard guitar strap pegs on neck and body.
- Easily edit MIDI-assigned controls with the included point-and-click Vortex Wireless 2 Editor application.
- World-class production software package included: Hybrid 3, Loom 2, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech, TimewARP 2600 by Way Out Ware, and Ableton Live Lite Players can also use the editor software to save and load all of their Vortex presets to and from their hard drive for easy backup.
“Musicians are going to love the new Vortex Wireless 2 because of its simple, easy-to-use controls, wireless connectivity and full roster of great virtual instruments,” said Walter Skorupski, Product Manager for Alesis. He added, “Finally, keyboard players can break free from their hiding spot and take the spotlight with this one-of-a-kind wireless keytar.”
The Vortex Wireless 2 will be available in Q1, 2018, priced at $299 USD.
More information: Alesis