Applied Acoustics Systems has released version 1.0.6 of its Chromaphone creative percussion synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Chromaphone combines acoustic resonators to create drums, percussion, string, and synth-like instruments. Membranes, bars, marimbas, plates, strings, and tubes form pairs that get sparked into life by a mallet and a flexible noise source. The resonators’ material, tuning, and coupling parameters allow the creation of a wide range of instruments and sonic colors. Whether real, innovative, or with an ethnic touch, Chromaphone will fill your music with rich and organic tones.
Changes in Chromaphone v1.0.6
- Pro Tools 10, 11 AAX Native plug-in support.
- Cubase 5 (circa 2009) or earlier support.
- Scrolling with some non-Apple mice.
- MIDI control change assignments to handle messages with MSB and LSB data.
- Drawing problem when using VST in Orion.
- Stereo output when using VST in Acid Pro.
- This installer can simply be run over your current installation to perform the update.
- This installer is a full installer so you can use it as a starting point if you need to reinstall from scratch in the future.
Chromaphone for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is currently available to purchase for $99.50 USD as part of AAS’s Holiday Sales until January 15th, 2014 (regular $199 USD).