Arturia has released version 1.2 of it Pigments hybrid wavetable/virtual analog software synthesizer.
This is the first major free update to Pigments since the instrument’s initial release in December 2018, refining its sequencer, adding new features, new presets, and a major improvement for owners of Native Instruments controllers: NKS compatibility.
Pigments is a new, exciting software synthesizer from Arturia. Combining the best of two worlds, it features hugely powerful, cutting-edge wavetable synthesis, as well as the most accurate virtual analog.
Changes in Pigments v1.2
- New Sound Store: Find exciting new preset sound banks from within Pigments. New themed banks will be added regularly, giving users a whole new range of sounds to explore.
- SUPER mode: A new unison detune voice mode lets you beef up your oscillator up with the style of the famous “JP” supersaw.
- Sequencer revamp: A new visual layout, with the added ability to set different clock divisions for each lane in the sequencer or arpeggiator.
- NKS Compatible: Great news for owners of Maschine or Komplete Kontrol. Pigments is now fully compliant with Native Instruments NKS control format, instantly smart-mapping key parameters.
- Extra Combinator: A third combinator has been added, giving you more sound-shaping potential. A new “Map” type lets you remap any incoming modulation source.
- Updated envelope: Minimum value for the attack times has been reduced, letting you achieve even sharper envelope modulation for super-nasty sounds.
- Microtuning: Want to be a bit more free with your tuning? Now you can select alternative keyboard scales, as well as import your own .scl and .tun files.
- 50 new presets: Dozens more factory preset sounds have been added that make use of the new capabilities of the Pigments audio engine updates in version 1.2.
- Lots of small enhancements: New Aftertouch curves, Mod source hovering displays, integrated Filter tutorials, and bug fixes to give you the best experience ever.
Owners of Pigments can upgrade to the new version for free.