Arturia has announced availability of its AudioFuse 8Pre, a dual-mode audio interface and ADAT expander which boasts 8 channels of premium analog audio, rock-solid sync, USB-C, and optical connectivity.
Previously announced at the NAMM Show back in January, the new interface aims to become the expander of choice in studios and creative spaces around the world.
AudioFuse 8Pre can operate in two ways. First, you can use it as an audio interface with 8 channels of pristine, high-end analog DiscretePRO© inputs, 8 channels of ADAT input, discrete line outputs, insert points, monitor and headphone control, and USB-C connectivity. 16 ins, 20 outs, with no sacrifice in quality anywhere in the signal path.
If you already own an ADAT-enabled audio interface, you can use AudioFuse 8Pre as an 8 channel expander to add more input channels to your setup. The superb quality of the in-built preamps provide the transparency and zero-noise gain you need, giving you the confidence to use your best mics – even ribbon mics with low output – without worrying about noise or weak signals. You can even use its ADAT input to send cue mixes to the headphones or monitor outputs from your interface, so your talent can hear exactly what they need to.
AudioFuse 8Pre features
- 16 inputs, 20 outputs channels.
- 8 microphone preamps with DiscretePRO® technology.
- 2 instrument inputs on channel 1&2.
- 2 analog balanced inserts on channel 1&2.
- 2 channels (1&2) with front panel access for ease of instant connectivity.
- 8 independent analog line outputs.
- Speaker analog outputs on balanced TRS Jack.
- 1 stereo headphones outputs, on both 6.35 and 3.5mm TRS, designed for headphones up to 600 Ohms.
- Monitoring section with individual level control for speakers and phones.
- Direct monitoring ultra-low latency internal mixer.
- 8 digital ADAT inputs/outputs up to 96kHz.
- Word clock input, output/thru on BNC.
- DiscretePRO® Individual audio performance certificate delivered with each unit.
- Comes with AudioFuse Creative Suite.
- 24-bit latest generation AD/DA converters at up to 192kHz sampling rate.
- USB-C interface compatible with PC & Mac, fully USB 2.0 compatible.
- Robust metal chassis in 1u single rack form factor.
The AudioFuse 8Pre is available now priced at 699 EUR / $799 USD.
More information: Arturia