Arturia has announced availability of the MicroFreak, an experimental hybrid synthesizer featuring an advanced digital multi-mode oscillator.
A synthesizer like no other, MicroFreak is a peculiar, exceptional instrument that rewards the curious musician. It blends wavetable and digital oscillators with analog filters. It features a unique poly-aftertouch flat keyboard. It adds controlled randomness to sequences. This isn’t a revolution, it’s a mutiny.
Whether you’re looking for your first, affordable hardware synth or are a collector looking for original sounds and unique interface, MicroFreak is the synth you need.
- Synthesizer with 256 preset slots and 160 factory presets.
- 12 Digital oscillators with variable modes, with integrated open source Plaits engine created by Mutable Instruments.
- Analog State Variable Filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass.
- ADSR envelope.
- Cycling Envelope offering two modes: Envelope and LFO.
- LFO with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random.
- Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations).
- Monophonic or Paraphonic modes – Up to 4 voices.
- 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch.
- Capacitive touch strip.
- Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values.
- Powerful arpeggiator: Up, Order, Random, Pattern modes. Spice & Dice Gate randomizers.
- 64-step sequencer: 2 patterns per preset, 4 automation tracks per preset.
- CV / Gate / Mod outputs.
- USB, Clock and MIDI in and out.
- 6.35mm master and 3.5mm headphone output.
MicroFreak is available for $349 USD / 299 EUR.
More information: Arturia