AudioFront has updated the DSP Trigger drum trigger to MIDI plug-in for Windows and Mac to version 1.4.
DSP Trigger is a VST drum brain that processes the audio output from drum pads and converts it to MIDI to be passed on to a drum sampler. It allows you to enhance an existing e-drum kit, offering new features and functionality that your drum brain doesn’t natively support.
Changes in DSP Trigger v1.4
- Now includes a Mac AU 32 / 64 bit version for Logic.
- Clip Compensation, detects clipped signals and restores the peaks on the fly. This allows DSP Trigger to function correctly on lower end audio interfaces that don’t have sufficient dynamic range. It can also be used for drum replacement to restore the dynamics of a poorly recorded drum track.
- Positional Edge Scaler, a new control that helps level out the response of a mesh pad as it’s played from center to edge. Typically the response of the pad dramatically drops off as you hit out towards the edge of the pad. The edge scaler progressively increases the velocity of those edge hits allowing for a more balanced and natural playing surface.
- Improved preset system, redesgined to make it more intuitive and user friendly. Presets can now be previewed without actually loading them making easy to what’s in the slot you are about load or save.
- New graphical input type selector.
DSP Trigger for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $39 USD.
More information: AudioFront