AudioKit Pro has announced the release of FM Player 2, an updated version of the iPad Instrument inspired by classic 80s FM synthesizers.
The sequel to the award-winning FM Player app (released in 2017) that has been played by Herbie Hancock and downloaded by over a hundred thousand musicians worldwide now comes with AUv3 support, a vintage Arp/Step Sequencer, and lots more.
FM Player 2 has been completely rewritten and now supports modern features like AUv3 plugin functionality, a sequencer, dual layers, and hundreds of hand-crafted new presets.
The app features a new and powerful engine that has been released as open-source (developers can use it completely free).
Changes in FM Player 2
- AUv3 – iOS Audio Unit Plugin support.
- Vintage Arp & 16-Step Sequencer.
- 150+ New Presets. 3x Presets, less space.
- Vintage Stereo Phaser Effect.
- 1+ Gigabyte of sounds, compressed to under 200mb.
- Vintage Chorus, Flanger, Amp Simulator, and more.
- Dual layers per voice. Keyboard Splits. Morph between sounds.
- Full ADSR Envelopes for each Layer.
- Tempo-sync controls & Ableton Link.
- Mono glide & legato modes.
- Space-saving Compression. Update saves 100mb+ storage.
- 3 LFOs. LFOs can modify other LFOs.
- Dual Independent Filters per layer.
- Dozens of other upgrades and fixes.
FM Player 2 for iOS is available for only $0.99 USD until August 15th, 2019.
More information: AudioKit Pro