Nigel Ríos has announced an update to the AudioSwift software for macOS that transforms your trackpad into a set of MIDI tools like sliders, triggers, XY pads, mixing controllers and MPE.
Version 2.3.0 is now Universal Binary with native support for both Intel and Apple Silicon M1 computers. It has integration with Bitwig Studio in Mixer Mode, allowing you to easily control faders and panning in Bitwig Studio using simple touch gestures on the trackpad.
This new version also improves the XY Mode in View 1 by separating the controllers per finger for complex modulation in sound design (go to Preferences > Slider & XY). It includes better support for the Magic Mouse when it’s used as a MIDI controller in Mixer Mode and adds a new key shortcut to open the trackpad utility window (press K).
AudioSwift’s configuration with Bitwig Studio in Mixer Mode is done using the third-party script DrivenByMoss.
Changes in AudioSwift v2.3.0
- Adds native support for both Intel & M1 Macs (Universal Binary).
- Adds Bitwig Studio support in Mixer Mode.
- Improved XY Mode in View 1; now the controllers can independently send MIDI messages by fingers. Go to Preferences > Slider & XY.
- Improved Magic Mouse support in Mixer Mode.
- New keyboard shortcut to open and close the trackpad window (press K).
- Fixes an issue when changing tracks and sends in Mixer Mode under Big Sur.
- Fixes an issue with the Touch Bar disappearing when it’s touched.
- Fixes an issue where Bank D doesn’t appear in the menu in Trigger Mode when the number of pads is set to 15.
- Fixes an issue when choosing Single Note chord option in Trigger Mode and selects Octave instead.
- Fixes an issue in XY Mode when clicking the Control Panel causing the Console to not change the view.
- Drops support for macOS 10.11.6 El Capitan. Now the minimum macOS requirement is 10.12 Sierra.
AudioSwift is available for purchase for $19.99 USD. The update is free for existing users.
Additionally, a collection of 12 MPE Instrument Racks for Ableton Live 11 Suite was recently released. Originally designed to be used with a trackpad and AudioSwift, the Trackpad MPE Pack is a free download.