AudioThing has released an update to its Type A vintage enhancer audio effect plugin that emulates the multi-band compressor of early noise reduction systems for tape recordings.
Type A is a plugin inspired by a famous vintage tape encoder. The original unit was designed to be a noise reduction system for tape recording (encode stage) and playback (decode stage).
Type A emulates the encode stage, which was often misused as an enhancer, dynamically increasing the top end of a signal without introducing artefacts or altering the harmonic content. The results are similar to a dynamic EQ which adds presence and air to any track in a natural way.
Changes in v1.1
- Added: Online Authorization Form.
- Improved: Oversampler.
- Improved: Noise profile.
- Improved: Support for Retina/HiDPI displays.
- Improved: Dropdown panel stays open/closed as selected by the user.
- Fixed: Wavelab/Cubase random rendering bug.
- Fixed: MAC with High Sierra (APFS) presets scrambled.
- Fixed: Bypass noise in Pro Tools.