AudioThing has released an update to the Frostbite 2 spectral freeze audio plugin with ring modulation and feedback module.
With the three freezing modes (spectral, reverb, convolution), you can transform any sound into ambient textures, soundscapes, or just frozen reverbs. Frostbite can also be used for extreme sonic experiments by entirely mangling any source with extreme modulations.
The Signal Flow is flexible, you can rearrange the modules with a simple drag-and-drop, and selects between the two modes: serial and parallel. With the internal LFO you can modulate most of the parameters on each module, creating evolving eerie soundscapes.
Changes in Frostbite v2.1
- Improved: LFO stability.
- Improved: EQ graphics and analyser refresh rate.
- Improved: Joined Parameter lock and Random lock.
- Fixed: Excessive RAM usage with Spectral Mode on Windows.
- Fixed: VST3 UI issue on Windows with scaling over 100%.
- Fixed: Waveform Lock.
- Added: Option to disable the notifications.
The version 2.1 update is free to existing users of Frostbite 2.