AudioThing has released an update to the Hats drum synth plugin dedicated to hi-hats and cymbals sounds.
It features two independent sources: synthesized noise and sample section. Instead of generic white or pink noise, the noise section features 6 square wave oscillators with different pitches and phases, like the famous TR808. The result is a noise sound with a controllable metallic character.
The factory bank comes with more than 50 samples, ranging from rare analog drum machines to real acoustic hi hats and cymbals. Some of the samples were also processed with a classic Aphex Aural Exciter and recorded to tape with a vintage Revox B77 MkII.
Changes in Hats v1.5
- Added: New Presets / Samples.
- Added: macOS 10.15 Catalina support.
- Added: VST3 plugin format.
- Added: Parameter Lock.
- Added: Edit Value option for Knobs.
- Added: Notification System.
- Added: Online Authorization Form.
- Added: Internal support for left-hand mouse users.
- Improved: New GUI with support for Retina/HiDPI displays.
- Improved: CPU and memory usage.
- Fixed: Minor graphic issues in some automations.
Hats is on sale for 29 EUR until July 31st, 2020 (regular 49 EUR). The plugin comes in VST/VST3, AU and AAX formats.
More information: AudioThing