AudioThing has released an update to its lofi tape effect plugin Reels, a tape emulation with built-in echo section and tape start and tape stop effect.
Version 1.5 adds speaker and mic emulations, independent speed for Rec and Stop, and many more new features, improvements and fixes.
Based on an old Japanese portable tape recorder with a very distinct Lo-Fi analog sound, Reels emulates all the imperfections of consumer reel-to-reel recorders.
We have modeled three different 1/4” tape frequency responses and saturations, along with all the analog imperfections of tape recording / playback. Reels will add a very rough retro analog sound to your mixes. If you are looking for a Hi-Fi mastering tape emulation, this is not the plugin for you!
Changes in Reels v1.5
- Added: Speaker and Mic emulations.
- Added: Independent speed for Rec and Stop.
- Added: Routing option (alternative feedback path).
- Added: Envelope Attack and Release controls.
- Added: Echo Level pre or post feedback option.
- Added: macOS 12 Monterey support (Universal 2 Binary).
- Added: Light and Dark UI mode.
- Added: Option to enable Accelerated GUI.
- Added: Internal support for left-hand mouse users.
- Improved: New Retina/HiDPI GUI.
- Improved: Feedback loop self-oscillation.
- Improved: Joined Parameter lock and Random lock.
- Improved: Motor noise rendering and quality.
- Improved: Labels with values can now be clicked.
- Fixed: Parameter locks not recalling properly when loading saved projects.
- Fixed: Hiss and Motor noises not working at higher sample rates.
- Fixed: Wet Only muting sound when the Echo section is off.
- Fixed: Echo Sync not working correctly when loading a saved project.