AudioThing has announced an update to The Orb, a formant filter effect plugin which simulates the characteristics of the human voice.
Version 1.2 comes with macOS Catalina support, parameter locks, and various other improvements and fixes.
Featuring a set of three band pass filters, The Orb can transform any sound into a vowel-like formant-filtered sound.
With the three LFOs you can modulate the Vowel, the Emphasis/Resonance of the formants, and the Drift, which can shift up or down the frequencies of each formant. You can also create your own set of vowels by changing name and frequency for each vowel/formant.
Changes in The Orb v1.2
- Added: macOS 10.15 Catalina support.
- Added: Parameter Lock.
- Added: Edit Value option for Knobs.
- Added: Notification System.
- Added: Internal support for left-hand mouse users.
- Fixed: Vowel LFO amount issue when changing Vowel Amount.
- Fixed: Emphasis and Drift LFO amount not working with Random wave.
- Fixed: Digital Performer Plugin Validation Error.
- Improved: Graphics rendering optimisation.
Available in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats, The Orb is 40% off until October 5th, priced 29 USD/EUR (regular 49 USD/EUR).
Owners can download the update from their AudioThing account.