Baby Audio has announced the release of its first synthesizer instrument. A modern re-imagination of the cultish 1982 analog synth, the plugin delivers pure and authentic textures that are fast to program and dripping with color.
Modeled after the original hardware, the BA-1 synthesizer comes with additional features such as a second analog-modeled oscillator, FM, polyphony, battery drain effect, built-in speaker emulation, lofi effects inspired by budget 1980s rack hardware, sidechain effect, ‘Re-Gen’ randomization, 500+ presets, and more.
BA-1 is based on a portable 1980s synth with a toylike appearance and a gritty sound. Despite its small size, it left a big mark on music history, while still flying somewhat under the hype radar. The original has been used as a secret weapon for bubbly synth textures by some of Sweden’s most successful pop producers of the past two decades. It was also a staple of 1990s digital dancehall and beloved by the indietronica scene for its raw lo-fi quality. The ‘CS01’ – as the original is called – has never been properly captured in software form. So for Baby Audio’s first ever synth, we started there.
- The first proper analog-modeled emulation of the CS01, a beloved and cultish 1982 monosynth.
- Vastly expands the sonic palette of the original – thanks to careful upgrades and new features.
- Includes a colorful FX section inspired by budget 1980s hardware.
- Fun and easy to program, yet surprisingly versatile.
- 500+ high quality presets and a Re-Gen function for instantly generating new patches.
- If you want authentic, lofi-leaning, synth textures in a plugin, this is it.
Available in VST/VST3, AU and AAX formats for Windows and Mac, BA-1 is on sale for an introductory price of $49 USD for a limited time (regular $99 USD). Use promotional code REKKERD at the checkout at the Baby Audio store to get an additional 10% discount on the synth (or any other Baby Audio product).
The plugin is also available from distributors Plugin Boutique and ADSR Sounds.