Uli Behringer has posted some information on a Minimoog Model D type synthesizer at Gearslutz. According to the specifications mentioned, this would be an analog synthesizer with 3 VCOs, a 24dB Ladder filter, LFO, 16-voice poly chain and Eurorack format.
This is a first draft of our “D” Synth with a proposed feature set below.
Our goal is to design in a Poly Chain feature that allows combining up to 16 synths through Midi.
Depending on the feedback we will then decide if we move further and build a first prototype.
Behringer “D” synth features
- Analog synthesizer with triple VCO design.
- Reproduction of original “D Type” with matched transistors and JFETs.
- 0.1% Thin Film resistors and Polyphenyline Sulphide capacitors for frequency stability.
- Analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs.
- 5 variable oscillator shapes with pulse width variation.
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance.
- Fully analog triangle/square wave LFO.
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode.
- 16-voice Midi Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16-voice polyphony.
- Overdrive circuit.
- Noise generator.
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case.
- 46 controls for real-time access of all important parameters.
- External audio input for processing external sound sources.
- Low and high level outputs.
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection.
- 3-Year Warranty Program.
This all should come at a targeted retail price of around $400 USD.