Behringer has launched its K-2 analog and semi-modular synthesizer, a new take on the MS-20 monophonic synth from Korg.
The K-2 comes with dual VCOs, ring modulator, external signal processor, 16-voice poly chain and Eurorack format.
Although only produced from 1978 to 1983, Korg synthesizers have been favored by numerous world-famous artists including: Aphex Twin; Arcade Fire; the BBC Radiophonic Workshop; Daft Punk; Depeche Mode; A Flock of Seagulls; Gorillaz; Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark; Snarky Puppy and a host of others.
An ultra-affordable homage to that iconic synthesizer with all the features of the original and then some, the K-2 lets you conjure up virtually any sound with incredible finesse and ease.
With its pure analog signal path, dual authentic VCOs with 4 selectable waveforms each, plus extremely flexible VCF and VCA filters, the K-2 is sure to become your favorite keyboard. Owning the K-2 is like having your own personal time machine, enabling you to embrace the past – or make your imprint on the future!
- Amazing analog synthesizer with dual VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation.
- Authentic reproduction of original circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs.
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs.
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance.
- First and second generation filter design (high pass/low pass with peak/resonance).
- 4 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths and ring modulation for ultimate sounds.
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO.
- 2 analog Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA.
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony.
- Complete Eurorack solution — main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack Case.
- 36 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters.
- External audio input for processing external sound sources.
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection.
- 3-Year Warranty Program.
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The K-2 is now available from selected distributors.
More information: Behringer