Bitwig has announced the release of Bitwig Studio 2.5, an update to the music production software for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The update comes with a complete overhaul of plugin hosting, new Clip Blocks and lots more.
For Bitwig Studio 2.5, we chose a few select features that were either requested or inspired by our community (that’s you). Some features lean toward performance. Others streamline audio editing. And a few help you find what you need faster.
The main new features in Bitwig Studio 2.5 are:
- Plug-in hosting overhaul.
- Concept of clip blocks, for addressing different groups of Launcher clips with new Next Action options.
- Slide-content editing gesture, for shifting the content of clips from the Arranger Panel (and audio events from the Detail Editor Panel).
- New device: Note FX Selector, for setting up multiple note FX layers and dynamically switching between them.
- macOS: Pinch-zooming using trackpad for zooming in all timeline editors (including Arranger) and in the Sampler waveform display.